Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 9:28 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:33 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

cosmicaxe wrote:
What a lot of crap!!!! Stupid people are being scammed, not hacked. Read this page petpage. NoYouWereNotHacked

This guy is not going after individuals, as some people seem to think. He has cookie grabbers, and if you are unfortunate enough to come across one, then you could be in trouble.

I wouldn't underestimate the fact that he is not a hacker.

PEOPLE ARE NOT STUPID, IF THEY HAVE VISITED A SITE WITH A COOKIE GRABBER.

Stop getting caught up in the fact that he is not a hacker, and remember innocent people are losing their accounts through no fault of their own.

Calling it crap just shows that you do not understand the full consequences of what is being done. TNT still cannot offer full protection against anyone that has a lot of time on their hands and is full of malicious intentions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:34 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Would it be wise to request password with al lthis going on? I kinda can't remember what my password is ^^; but I know they can pop cookiegrabbers in the password request.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:35 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Mmm... just to be safe I'd wait until tomorrow to do that.

It probably won't be of any harm... but you can't be too careful. I'd say just wait it out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:42 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Alrighty then ^^ Thanks

*Stares at the log in page*..knew i should have waited until dailes were over ^^;

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:48 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

ScottNak wrote:
Mmm... just to be safe I'd wait until tomorrow to do that.

It probably won't be of any harm... but you can't be too careful. I'd say just wait it out.

Just curious, how long should people stay off the system? I mean, how long does it take TNT to blanket freeze any dangerous acounts and clear up dangerous petpeges/ULs? I have never been active during such a security breach in the past. I was always lucky enough to be out of town, thus not logined in during past threats/glitch exploitations.
Should it be safe to go on tomorrow, or should we wait at least 24 hours?

And really, this person doesn't even have to be much of a hacker to be dangerous. You can get examples of cookie grabber type script from many sites; it is the claim that they put these scripts somewhere on a neopet's site that makes me both worried and suspicious. I had though that neo's filters blocked anything that even resembled script.
My end thoughts on this fellow, they have WAY too much time on thier hands.

- UL winner #27 - Neopets username: rain_the_windflower -
- User Lookups and recolored sidebars on my Uni's petpage -

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:52 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I am fairly certain that TNT will have rectified this situation as soon as they get back into the office. If they can't do it that quick, they'll (or should) put up a maintenence warning up.

I'd imagine it'd be safe by afternoon tomorrow at the latest. But that's just speculation. I'll be sure to check up on this before I leave for my classes tomorrow, see what else I can gather...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:57 am 
PPT God
PPT God

ScottNak wrote:
I am fairly certain that TNT will have rectified this situation as soon as they get back into the office. If they can't do it that quick, they'll (or should) put up a maintenence warning up.

I'd imagine it'd be safe by afternoon tomorrow at the latest. But that's just speculation. I'll be sure to check up on this before I leave for my classes tomorrow, see what else I can gather...

I agree that it should probably be safe by tomorrow afternoon. I was part of TNT for a few months and trust me, even if it seems like they're not doing anything, they are. I imagine tomorrow morning will be extremely hectic for them if there is indeed a security prob...

Awesome Set by Neko

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:04 am 

I do not know if this is related but the new features somehow updated with tomorrow's content (9/14) when it was still 9/13. I find that very strange. Also, I think it was updated after the hacker news got out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:15 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Location: Keeping the Hallowe'en spirit all through the year.
aznchboi627 wrote:
I do not know if this is related but the new features somehow updated with tomorrow's content (9/14) when it was still 9/13. I find that very strange. Also, I think it was updated after the hacker news got out.

TNT does that occasionally -- it's a change of pace from being late. Regardless of what else may be happening, that isn't anything to worry about.

hiddenneggs / Will
----
"But then again, i think the main reason people invented civilization was to get together and complain about the wild animals eating them." --mousapelli

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:58 am 

I think its sensible to disable javascript as it sounds the cookie graber used java script to get the cookies

Mozilla Firefox
Tolls -> Options -> Web Features -> Un tick Enable Java and Untick Enable Java Script
Internet Explorer
Tools -> Internet options ->Secuirt -> Custom levels -> click Java VM then click the radio box Disable Java.
Find scripting of Java Applets and then click the radio button disable.

You wont be able to do everything in neopets though. It's best to be safe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:43 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Call me crazy but I don t get why people want to hack neopet accounts. This is stuff you will never be able to hold in your hand, it IS just a GAME.
A few months ago someone got into my account took every point I had which was almost 2 million, they didnt take not 1 item though and I had a gallary and safe full of goodies. I just don't get it.

Teresa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:23 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Just a note - disabling javascript might help you but on the other hand it might not, it really isn't worth the risk or relying on anything like that. Just stay clear of neo for now and thanks very much for the warning =)

Petpet Central

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:38 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Well, I guess I'll leave Neo alone right after I'm done with my dailies or something. o_O

Thanks for the warning, indeed.

glorious set by neko.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 2:33 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Well. I don't have the all clear signal yet.
But I'd imagine everything to be cleared up not too long from now.
Hopefully...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:13 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

ScottNak wrote:
Well. I don't have the all clear signal yet.
But I'd imagine everything to be cleared up not too long from now.
Hopefully...

So...like what? You're in communication with someone over there? :P

Anyways, this is just lousy though. If anyone can do this though, today with TnT being much larger and wiser, I almost want to give them this sad congrats of sorts. I hate saying that because I know people will suffer because of it, but you know what I'm saying.

Spells are my thing ;)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next