Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2024 8:22 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 543 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 37  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 9:19 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

"What is wrong?" Merlin frowned slightly, but did raise from his chair.

"I believe a child fell in the river, down at the left slope of the village.. None of the men dare to go there because of the fiends!"

The young woman started to walk towards the door.

"Please help!"

"I will come," Merlin finally answered, "I will first have to warn my squa.."

"There is no time," she grasped his arm and pulled him outside.

When the two had disappeared, the eldery man stepped back into the dining room, from a neighbouring room.

The others had found the book, excellent, he thought.

((Yes, about the kitten, it is indeed like a baby. But he is still pretty young, so he sleeps alot.))

_edit_ ((Hmm, how does Iaran give Merlin the message? I want to know, since he is in a specific situation. I think it asks to be played out. On the side note, I hadn't read your post yet, since I was typing mine, while you posted yours, Ria.))

_edit2_ ((Never mind, I misread. Since she knocked every door, I guess she didn't knew he wasn't in his room.))

Set by WIS!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 10:33 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Elily stared at the book. Unfortunately, the characters meant nothing to her. She had no idea what it could mean.

To Karmina's question, she frowned. To plan their closest route, they needed the map. And Iaran could probably give a handful of useful ideas on how else to gain money. Elily climbed out of her bed and reached for her copy of the map on the dresser. She sat back down on the bed, studying the map closely. The closest road...they would have to cross at least one town, two villages, and one city, before they reached the foot of the mountains. And the distance between the civilizations weren't too short either. They could never hope to make it to the mountains within a month if they travelled by foot.

- Sweet set made by GlimmerFae-
"I wanted to change the world, but I changed nothing. That is my story." - Auron, FF X.

Avatar removed, hotlinking problem.

Last edited by .:Glass Miracle:. on Mon Jul 05, 2004 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 10:36 am 
PPT God
PPT God

[I'm guessing this RP'll take quite a lot of pages before we actually reach the mountains :P]

Menai looked at the strange characters on the book. She could decipher none of it. Glancing up, she hoped that Karmina and Malea would be able to figure out what it meant. If they didn't... well, they had a journey to carry on with.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 1:25 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

(Yay! *Clap clap* I'm back. Thankee-you Lillie for taking care of my character, tis much appreciated. I'll gladly take care of Karmina. :) )

Mina took a long time in the shower. She stood, motionless, in the hot water, while casually letting thoughts of the other squad members flit through her head. She couldn't help wondering what they were up to at the moment. Slowly her thoughts turned to daydreams, and soon she found herself thinking how wonderful (not to mention amusing) it would be if Iaran fell in the river, and accidentally pulled Karmina in with her.

Finally climbing out of the shower, Mina dried herself off, dressed in some clean clothes, and was just beginning to brush her hair out and tie it into braids when she heard a knock at the door. "We're having a squad meeting in my room now, come as soon as you can!" Rang out Iaran's voice just outside the room. Mina whirled around, only then realizing that Karmina wasn't around. She must already be there. Mina decided.

Her first thought was to ignore the message. She could pretend that she had been in the bathroom, with the door shut and the faucet running, and she hadn't heard it. The next day when she found out that the rest of the squad had had a meeting without her, she could simply blame it on Iaran. Then she could stay in the room, alone, and do whatever else that evening until Karmina returned.

It seemed like the perfect plan, but Mina decided against it. After all, it was her duty to work with the rest of the squad on this mission, regardless of the fact that there were several rather irritating other people that were on it.

So, after completing the last braid in her hair, Mina fetched her key, then set off for the front desk to ask the receptionist where she could find Iaran's room.

Karmina sat in silence, gazing over Elily's shoulder at the map. She couldn't help but think that this mission was going to be impossible. After all, they had hardly any resources at all. The money would surely be gone before they even reached the moutains. They had the maps and books, but what good would those be when they were stuck in certain life-or-death situations? The only other thing they had was weak hope.

She found herself wondering what would happen if the portal wasn't in the mountains. Professor Gildom had said that it was one of the two possible places that the portal could be, but somehow, it all seemed too easy. After all, what were the chances of it being in the first place that they searched? Everyone wanted to go to the mountains. The forest had some odd sense of foreboding about it. Even the name was frightening. Yet somehow, Karmina had a feeling that they all knew where the portal was going to be.

(Blech, ten days certainly has made me out of practice. My character seems to be becoming more and more arrogant. I feel a little bad about it, even though it is only an RP. Once again, I want to make sure none of you take offence to Mina's attitude. She's just picky and opinionated, and she hasn't the slightest clue that she's being rude.)

(I have a question. Is the meeting in Iaran's room, or is it in Elily's room? Because when Iaran brought around the meesage, she said it was in her room, but at the moment, everyone else (Elily, Karmina, Iaran, Menai, Malea) are in Elily's room. At least, that's the impression I've gotten.)

(Oh yes, and I just realized... Is anyone taking care of Shadowfare's character? If not, one of us needs to catch her up. She went on vacation and asked if anyone could take care of Rosa while she was gone a number of pages back, and I think she might be a bit dissapointed if she came back and found she had a bunch of backtracking to do. I can take care of her character if no one else wants to.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 1:47 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

((I said I would. But I was in fact awaiting shadowfares answer. Stupid me, not realising she was gone already. :oops: ))

Set by WIS!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 5:14 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Malea finally remembered the spell. "i got it!" she said, almost yelling. She walked over to the book, and closed her eyes. She wispered some words, and slowly, the book startted to glow, and the ink on the pages started to rearange itself and and form words she could read. "i got it!" she said smiling.

((someone else can decide what it says))

((i think its is Iarans room.))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 3:30 am 
PPT God
PPT God

[The room is shared by Menai, Iaran and Elily, to clear up confusion ;)]

[I'm going away to China tomorrow, and I'm not coming back until somewhere in August >_< Could GC take care of Menai for me? If she can't, would Lillie (when she comes back.) I might be able to pop in occasionally, depending on whether I'll be able to use the internet.]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 1:07 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

[Sure, Jade, I'll take care of Menai as much as I can.]

Elily sighed. They needed to work out on other sources of income, if they hoped to survive. Money was everything these days. Maybe they could earn money with services of any sort? Odd jobs? Performances? Elily broke out of her thoughts, and focused back on the map. Plan the route first, then worry about how to get there.

"I wanted to change the world, but I changed nothing. That is my story." - Auron, FF X.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 2:56 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

(Ohhh, I see now. :oops: )

Mina arrived at Iaran's room a few minutes later. The door was partway open, and there were voices coming from the inside. Mina contemplated knocking anyway, just to be polite, but decided against it. They're expecting me anyway, she thought. She pushed the door open, slipped inside, and closed the door partway again.

Several people were already inside the room. Elily, Iaran, Malea, and Karmina the Loner Girl were there, as well as another girl that Mina didin't know by name. Elily and the Loner Girl were sitting on one of the beds, studying a map closely. Mina hadn't gotten much time to study hers. She had stowed it away safely in one of her suitcase pockets just after they had gotten them.

Mina cleared her throat casually to let the others know that she was there, then made her way over to the bed opposite the one that Elily and Karmina were on and sat down, wondering when the rest of the squad would get there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 9:00 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Malea looked over Mina's shoulder, and looked at the map. She looked at it for a couple seconds, and noticed how much her life had changed. "i think we can read the book now" she said, then looked back at the book.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 9:16 am 
PPT God
PPT God

((I'm going to my gran's house tomorrow, only for 3 days, but I have no access to the internet. Can someone else take care of Iaran for me?))

Iaran shuffled nervously away from Mina, and carefully studied the map. "Well I can't get us enough money to afford any means of transportation. I might be able to get us enough for supplies, but I'm thankful that we've packed alot of stuff that we can use easily. We might have to rely on any extra sources of money for income; stealing, performing, doing odd jobs around the villages we find, and other stuff like that."

She pondered their situation for a while, "The best way to get to the Mountains would be using some form of transportation. Ooo! I know! Isn't there a river flowing to an area near the Mountains? Maybe we could build a raft, or a boat. Then we could use oars, and sails, and the current to carry us along. Not to mention that Malea and Karmina, and some of the others could use "magic" to aid our travelling. What do you all think of that idea?"

((Yay! A river! That's my best idea yet. And it wouldn't go all the way from Adaley Town to the Mountains, it might start near the next town and end at the city or something like that....))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 9:46 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

[ria has asked me to take care of Iaran. XD Hop on, Iaran! *gently places Iaran into a playpen full of characters which she is currently taking care off*]

At Iaran's idea, Elily began to think. Yes...the river would be a fast way. But they couldn't very well travel by only a raft, could they? Elily studied the river in the map. It was long, and winding. She knew that there were many rapids dotted randomly in the river, and any mistake could send the raft toppling over, squad members, supplies, luggage and all. That could be dangerous. They needed something more reliable than a raft. Maybe a boat? Preferably a little ship. With a few small cabins maybe? That would be more ideal for a long trip down the river.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 3:36 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

"that would be so cool!" Malea said excitadly. She closed the book and let it sit on the bed. "what time should we leave at?" She asked.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 9:55 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

'As early as possible,' Menai answered Malea's query. She was rather sure that most members would want to leave as soon as they could anyway.

Iaran thought hard. How could they find a suitable boat with an affordable price? There was no jetty or anything of the sort near Adaley. A cheeky thought snuck into her mind. Iaran was about to shake it off, but a point of it remained plastered in her thoughts. Iaran mulled over it for some time. Yes...that could be the only way.

'We'll just have to...hijack one then,' she said, an equally malicious smile blooming to go with her idea.

Elily was thinking about ways to earn money. She could offer to do odd jobs to anyone who needed it. It was a good way to test her skills and all, and if she was lucky enough, she could land a job which had something to do with protecting or defending something or someone, or maybe assasinating a target. Both were her specialities.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 2:52 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

[I'm baaAAaack! My monitor was repaired! Yay! :D Thanks for taking care of my character GC!]

After a stuffing meal at the restaurant, Andy sat in his room doing what he does best, pondering at anything under the sun. Thoughts about the mission and possible outcomes passed through quickly in his mind before he heard a loud knocking at his door.

Andy walked along the corridor and found that Elily's door was slightly ajar. Out of habit, he knocked on the door before letting himself into the room.

[Will post more tomorrow!]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 543 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 37  Next