Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 3:16 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Hrm... Rejected from Lookup of the Week due to... code?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:28 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Quote:
Dear Ice,

Your Lookup of the Week submission was not accepted because of the quality of code.

Either your code is broken or it does not work for all browsers and resolutions. If you cannot download other browsers to check your work, try having a friend check it for you. You can also ask on the Neoboards for help if you need it. :)

Thanks for entering!

Sincerely,
Happy Neopets User Lookup Judging Team of DOOM!

Uh, wow. I entered like 5 months ago. But what irks me is that, from the sound of this, I could have been accepted if something wasn't messed up. :P

Is that the case? Could someone with Netscape please check my lookup and see if things are all freaked out n' whatnot?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:40 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

What's your name on neopets?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:20 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Have you checked how it is viewed in Internet Explorer, Netscape, and Mozilla FireFox? The most I can presume is that your coding isn't valid, which means it will be viewed differently (and most likely not properly) if this is the case.

You can check by going to http://validator.w3.org -- don't forget to check the box that says 'show source' -- and it will tell you what is wrong (if anything).

Valid coding is always fun! :-D

[/sarcasm... from the fact I had to recode all my sites when I learned about validating so I could actually pass as valid HTML 4.01 Transitional...]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:10 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Location: It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a Grue.
I checked mine with firefox, and with internet exploder. I had a friend who uses nutscrape check it with that, and he said it was fine. I checked it with that HTML validator and had 60 errors, yeek!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:44 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Kess wrote:
I checked mine with firefox, and with internet exploder. I had a friend who uses nutscrape check it with that, and he said it was fine. I checked it with that HTML validator and had 60 errors, yeek!

They're actually problems with the neopets site. You can't check your lookup like that because you need to be logged on to view the user lookup, and that website can't do that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 3:17 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Kess wrote:

Yeah, that validator spots everything... it's a pain. But I'm sure if you tried validating the actual Neopets site, there would be tons of errors, too.

[later]

Ok, I checked. And it was all, "This page is not Valid!" And Neopets has 116 errors... so I don't see why they should be ones to talk about how Ice's code is broken or doesn't work for all browsers, when their code could benefit from some lovin' and fixin', too.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]