Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:47 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 1:02 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

You only get $2 stores here...

Inflation :(

Do you miss Bill? I miss Bill. Go to this thread to petition Bill Back!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 1:30 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Yes, I think it's the thought that counts. If someone gave me a card like that, I would be especially happy with it because whoever gave it to me spent time on it- they didn't just buy it from a store.

To me, making cards or other gifts helps to show you care more than store-bought gifts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 3:45 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Dawn2 wrote:
Yes, I think it's the thought that counts. If someone gave me a card like that, I would be especially happy with it because whoever gave it to me spent time on it- they didn't just buy it from a store.

To me, making cards or other gifts helps to show you care more than store-bought gifts.

Dawn, we think alike. It is definitely the thought that counts. And, I'd much rather have something handmade over store-bought anytime.

I mean anyone can buy a card. It takes 2 minutes to pick out, $2, a signature and you are done. And most times those cards all sound the same.

The card you made took thought and effort --you spent the time finding a poem that fit the occasion and spent the time making the card. And unlike a cooky-cutter store-bought card, it is a unique card and shows you cared enough to spend your time making it for your friend.

I think you were very thoughtful in even wanting to give an acquaintance something for their birthday. Most people don't. And, trust me, don't feel guilty that you didn't get a gift. It's an acquaintance, not your best friend.

Tested made this fabulous set for me!!! Isn't it great?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 3:55 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I'd rather get no gift than get a lame gift, but I doubt that way of thinking applies to a wide base of people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 4:22 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I'd prefere a hand-made card rather than a store-bought one,
It shows that you care enough to do something ncie for the person as most of you said.
I make my cards with some hallmark computer program that popped up on my dad's computer one day. There nice-looking and readable (because my handwriting sucks) and cheap! some of those cards at the hallmark store cost 7$ :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 4:27 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Yes it is the thought that counts. I am sure they will like it. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 4:39 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I personally don't think that the card matters much anyways. The only purpose it serves is to tell who the gift is from and who it is to go to. Even if you aren't getting them a gift but just a card to wish happy birthday then I don't think it matters that much. At least it shows that you took the time to make a card for them instead of not doing anything at all. Or maybe if you feel like you should do something more you could slip a bit of money in the card. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 3:32 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I agree with what Morningstar said-- I think it's just nice that you're thinking about an acquaintance on their birthday, and did anything at all. Myself, I'm pleased when someone remembers my birthday without someone telling them about it two minutes before.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 4:11 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

For me, it's definitely the thought that counts. I mean, sure, I'm not exactly averse to getting really nice things... but in all honesty, I've gotten cards scrawled in pencil on lined paper torn from binders that took all of 5 minutes, but that really make my day. Just knowing someone out there cares at all is nice. :)

I think it really depends on the person, though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 4:40 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Hmm...well, making the card yourself is definitely a step up from me. I usually buy mine because I a) always forget until the last minute and b) can never think of something to say. Though whenever I buy one, I add some sort of message in there. I don't only sign my name. BUT back to the topic at hand! I know I wouldn't be amazed by your gift, especially if it looked sloppy, but it would definitely be better that nothing, and probably better than getting a signed card from a relative even if it had a check or money inside. Even if you didn't put tons of effort into it, at least you took some of your time to make it more personal. That's always nice. :)

But at the same time...if you're just an acquaintance...well, I would be happy to get anything from an acquaintance! My last birthday someone I didn't know that well gave me a card. It was storebought, but I didn't expect anything from them (except for the verbal Happy Birthday since I knew someone would remind them beforehand). It made me feel very special and noticed! At least for a while, anyway.

Read Fast Food Nation by Eric Schlosser.
Watch Love Actually.
Listen to 80s and 90s streaming audio

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 5:05 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Location: Faster than a speeding IM! Stronger than an ox on steroids! Pinker than a bottle of Pepto-Bismol!
Definitely 100% the thought that counts. However, the thought must be genuine.

Hold onto your seats people... the SL is back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 8:53 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I would definately be happy with simply a hand-made card, if it was me. I'd probably prefer it to a hand-bought card plus a good present. I don't know why. It's just much nicer to think that the person spent time on you, and didn't just jump in a shop, grab a card and a present and go.

|| Set // WIS < 33 ||

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:19 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Right good...

I was worried they'd think i was something not nice but hopefully not :) Thanks :D

I'm gunna make someone a really good card now :D Just 2 find out whos birhtday is next!

Do you miss Bill? I miss Bill. Go to this thread to petition Bill Back!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 11:36 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Location: Faster than a speeding IM! Stronger than an ox on steroids! Pinker than a bottle of Pepto-Bismol!
Sounds great =] I much prefer something someone makes than something someone bought form a shop. It shows they give more effort and thought to their gift.

Hold onto your seats people... the SL is back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 12:12 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Some would get upset for not getting a good gift, but the thought does count. Those people are just closed-minded. Plus, anything hand made means more effort was put into it, which makes the gift better.

Yes, I'm still alive...still alive...

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next