Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:49 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:34 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

No more staff. I figgure each staff member can warn 30 people an hour. Assuming then are awake for 18 hours a day thats 540 people warned per staff member. Increasing staff is just gonna increase number of people warned :D

Lady Night made me do it :P
Click for Werewolf!
Click for more Werewolf(as well as Role Playing)!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:46 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

yeah but at least they can actually tell if a person is doing something wrong or not...

ImageImage

Boom-shaka-laka! Rawr come and join us in the Randomness
Sig Halloween'd by Tom!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:54 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Anoohilator wrote:
yeah but at least they can actually tell if a person is doing something wrong or not...

Imagine you're the head of Neopets. You're trying to make the site as profitable as possible, without selling out too much. Frozen accounts may be a minor concern to you, because it means less accounts to brag about to people you're selling ads to, but warnings?? Who cares?

It's a wonder that in a company as large and fast-expanding as Neopets, they even bother to look at and act on reports, let alone spend company time researching exactly how, if at all, profane you were, just so they can be 100% sure that the meaningless (to them anyway) click they're about to give is justified.

Dya see what I'm getting at? This isn't at all a "ong neo iz goign all comercial!" post, what I'm saying is, we sometimes forget it's a company, and I think they do well acting on as many of the reports, including ours if you think about it, as they do.

I'm still sorry you got warned unfairly, though.

Set by Hellyer :D Going to use all my set contest entries eventually!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 11:17 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Angus Young wrote:
Adam loves Hilary Duff wrote:
TNT Office wrote:
Adam: Let's play a game!
Donna: What game?
Adam: How about WARN AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN FOR NO REASON!
Donna: OK! SOUNDS FUN!

I dont think Adam and Donna have warned a single person.

Actually they have...and frozen people. Donna alone had frozen over 800,000 people last time they posted how many Adam and Donna had frozen...or maybe it was 80,000...I dunno :P But they did post how many Adam and Donna had frozen ages ago in the news...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 11:42 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

the_dog_god wrote:
Angus Young wrote:
Adam loves Hilary Duff wrote:
TNT Office wrote:
Adam: Let's play a game!
Donna: What game?
Adam: How about WARN AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN FOR NO REASON!
Donna: OK! SOUNDS FUN!

I dont think Adam and Donna have warned a single person.

Actually they have...and frozen people. Donna alone had frozen over 800,000 people last time they posted how many Adam and Donna had frozen...or maybe it was 80,000...I dunno :P But they did post how many Adam and Donna had frozen ages ago in the news...

Well then please kick my face.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 3:58 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Xerophyte wrote:
Yeah, but I don't post topics anymore. And the only boards I went to today were all on topic. I didn't even say much. I just rated a couple of avatars and then got this neomail from the supposed "framer".

I even answered as nicely as I could, even when he started getting annoying. :(
Totally upsetting ...

did he and you correspond by neomail or on the boards ?? If it qwas by neomail then maybe you could send in the alleged neomail content to show that you did not do anything wrong and he just reported you out of spite.

Post subject: Re: You have received an official warning from the Neopets T
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 6:42 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

OmniIcyshelf wrote:
shapu wrote:
Xerophyte wrote:
TNT should check these things before sending someone a warning ...grr

They just don't have the staff - they just go by what is in the report form, which is easy enough to forge.

I'd be surprised if they didn't get at least 2,000 reported chat board messages, trades, or neomails an hour.

If you look at the URL at the top when you click "Report Message", it has the message typed into the URL; a person who is determined enough could change that URL and file a false report based on that information they entered. And even if they didn't modify that URL, they could probably change the original message in the text box anyway and the monitors wouldn't bother to check it. THEY NEED MORE STAFF.

*points to snarkies post*

http://www.pinkpt.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... c&start=15

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 7:54 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Like I pointed out, if someone just went to the normal report form page, they could easily fill it out without using the direct link (and hence providing more information for the staff/monitors to assess).

"If you're lucky, I might just settle with eating your firstborn."

Post subject: Re: You have received an official warning from the Neopets T
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 9:03 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: Politically Sanitized, Non-Jim-Slappable Location. La Button par _jaye_
OmniIcyshelf wrote:
shapu wrote:
Xerophyte wrote:
TNT should check these things before sending someone a warning ...grr

They just don't have the staff - they just go by what is in the report form, which is easy enough to forge.

I'd be surprised if they didn't get at least 2,000 reported chat board messages, trades, or neomails an hour.

If you look at the URL at the top when you click "Report Message", it has the message typed into the URL; a person who is determined enough could change that URL and file a false report based on that information they entered. And even if they didn't modify that URL, they could probably change the original message in the text box anyway and the monitors wouldn't bother to check it. THEY NEED MORE STAFF.

According to our good friend, Dougy-boy, they have over 60 staff. Now, judging from the output, which is representative of a staff of 60 people there needs to be some hard-core time managment issues resolved.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2