Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Thu Oct 10, 2024 8:24 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 5:14 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

so then insane mode is just a tast of endurance? The enemies don't do more damage do they? If not, then insane mode sounds tedious but not very hard to me.

Honk Honk Honk $#%#$% honk hooooonk.

- Honk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 6:36 am 

I don't think they hit harder but it gets difficult because you need to have your skills finely tuned and need to know when to cast/attack/heal. Any of those wrong and it could be back to square one.

-Aesir

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 8:30 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

cap wrote:
so then insane mode is just a tast of endurance? The enemies don't do more damage do they? If not, then insane mode sounds tedious but not very hard to me.

Heh. It's quite a bit harder. You get less EXP, the monsters have more HP, and it just generally takes longer to complete.

And the fact that if you die, you go right back to the start.

Gone, forever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 2:42 pm 

Hmm I have a query of sorts...

http://www.digifort.com/idnq//index.php ... pc&npc=152

That page says that Patannis sells his weapons for 1110 gold. As far as I can remember from playing on normal the guide was always correct.

I'm playing on evil now though and they cost 1320 - Are the weapons meant to get more expensive with the difficulty level?

(In that town you can get a discount for the potions shop and I have it but it doesn't apply for this one)

-Aesir

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 2:50 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I'd assume so. I think I was wondering about that too, then just put it down to the difficulty level. You might want to ask Hunter or another person at IDNQ just to confirm, though.

Gone, forever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 6:05 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Weapons and armor cost more as you go through the difficulty levels, but the cost of inns stays the same.

And yes, monsters shell out more damage in InSaNe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:54 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

dog wrote:

Do they? I hadn't really noticed, but then I'm usually at a higher level in a given area this time around than I was in my Evil game.

At any rate, they certainly do more overall damage in that they take longer to kill (having more HP) and so have more chances to hit you.

I stand by my original statement -- at least as of where I am now (leveling up to face the Spider Gundo) I think the biggest between Evil and Insane is the amount of patience Insane requires -- sometimes a considerable amount more than Evil, like when leveling up to face Zombom. You also need reasonable skill point and boss-bashing technique, of course.

I guess one thing that is different is that I think that pre-Velm it's a lot more important to keep track of your next source of healing potions in Insane -- because if you end up running out of potions in a tight corner, you're toast. For example, after fighting Ramtor at the end of Chapter 1, you have to go to Chapter 2, fight your way to the Leximp, and defeat the Leximp before you can buy any more healing potions. So if you start the chapter underleveled you're stuck trying to do serious leveling up against strong monsters with no new potions. Not fun. But if you gain a few more easy boring levels in Ramtors tower, then after defeating Ramtor in a cakewalk you can waltz straight through and kill the Leximp. So I guess in my Insane game I did think a lot more about how far I was from my nearest potions source, whether I could get there (backtracking if necessary) before running out, and whether there were any weaker healing potions I needed to stock up on that I wouldn't be able to get at the next potion shop over.

Boy, am I glad to have Velm and no more healing potions worries. Now I have to worry about damage, speed, and slow potions instead. :-)

Mind you, I've yet to take out the four Faeries. Once I've done that, I may change my tune about how difficult Insane actually is relative to Evil. :-)

Blah. I should go wipe out the Spider Grundo. I'm afraid the tedium has finally overwhelmed me -- I haven't played for days.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 1:24 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

bgryph wrote:
dog wrote:

Do they? I hadn't really noticed, but then I'm usually at a higher level in a given area this time around than I was in my Evil game.

I'm pretty sure. Right now, in the middle of my game, it's hard to tell, but I seem to remember grumbling about it earlier. ;) Plus they do in neoquest I, so it makes sense...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 1:28 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

bgryph, I actually agree with most of what you've said about the important differences in insane mode... the biggest difference is the amount of patience required. I think most people, though, have a strategy worked out by the time they've played through twice, and so long as you continue to be careful the faeries shouldn't be a problem for you. (=

My theory, by the way, is that all monsters are effectively a higher level themselves as you go up in difficulty levels, hence why they both have more hit points and tend to hit you harder unless you level up more to compensate. I've also noticed that if you're too low of a level for a particular area, the monsters tend to hit you harder, so you're at a disadvantage both because you have fewer hit points and because you're taking even more damage beyond what they would do if you were a higher level.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:47 am 

The question with Insane is 'Do I have the patience to deal with the annoyances of evil and then some?'

Of course, in all 3 modes every annoyance more or less goes away as soon as you get Velm, except EXP grinding, and one or two of the bosses.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:49 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

I haven't noticed any signiifigant diffeences between evil and normal mode.

Right now I'm level 50 in evil and beating the faeries and nox were a breeze. Nox was a little annoying how he'd heal 150 and my people could usually dish out 160 damage a round.

In fact, the only trouble I had was with zombrom and I didn't die to him either.

Plus, the only character of mine to die was mipsy when some nox sorcerers obliterated her a few times in a row.

I do expect insane mode to take longer but will it be more difficult? I doubt it.

Honk Honk Honk $#%#$% honk hooooonk.

- Honk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 5:46 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

:D :D I just beat the game on evil...and unlike the game I played on normal, it only took me one time to defeat Terask in the west tower. :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 2:37 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Congrats! ;) What prize did you get?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 3:05 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

cap wrote:
I do expect insane mode to take longer but will it be more difficult? I doubt it.

You'll be amazed. Or maybe not.

Evil is almost the same as normal -- I don't think that it was any more difficult (or longer, for that sake). Insane, on the other hand, is significantly longer (because it is harder to beat all of the monsters and come out of it alive).

Will you stop with the honour stuff?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 9:25 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

dog wrote:
Congrats! ;) What prize did you get?

Tooth of Terask. It's in my SDB until I get the pack rat avi (which will be a while I think) and then I am going to put it in my evil gallery.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next