Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 10:21 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:30 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Well... one things for sure. At least the Neoboards can't give the answer away, no? We can be thankful for that, right? ^_^'

ImageImageImage
Set by WIS (I think XD), awesome fader by Bangel!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:41 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

MoD3RaToR wrote:
Guys. the answer is still 2200. although i rounded it off. here is why:

The Lenny C will close the entry of answers after a set amount of time. It does not matter IF 2Million people took part. They will not accept it Anyway. So for last week, only 2200 people managed to get their answers in on time. Hence, only 2200 people took part in last weeks LC.

Evidence is actually in the previous LC.

On some weeks, we see as many as 1 thousand people getting the prize pool. and every week, the number changes. This proves that there is an actual time limit to the acceptence of answers.

The question only Asked how many took part in the LC for last week. They never asked how many SUBMITTED their answers.

This is my explanation anyway.

Disclaimer: this is MY PERSONAL educated Guess. I COULD BY ALL MEANS be WRONG.

Thank you

I still don't think I understand your reasoning. If 2 million people put in an answer (whether it be correct or incorrect) then 2 million people have taken part in the LC - the definition of "taking part" I do not read to include getting the correct answer. I read "taking part" as "submitting your answer" and I don't see why simply "submitting your answer" would not be "taking part".

If 2 million people take part and get it correct then 2 million get a share of the pool, if 2 million take part and only 1 gets it right they get the pool. I don't think there is a cut-off, I think its simply those that answer it correctly before judging starts 6-7 days later.

If I'm reading your logic correctly then you are assuming that only 2200 people even managed to submit an answer before the LC was shut down (if I was) and all of them got it correct (?) - I doubt it.

Not only that but it was more than 24 hours before I placed an answer, I got it correct (hence being one of the 2200) and I don't doubt that many 1000s of people actually submitted an answer during that time.

I suppose only time will tell. This time next week we'll know for sure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:05 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Personally, I put 12200 as a random guess. But the number won't be very high because it was a hard LC anyway so not many people will have entered

Get your egg at http://www.pickle-green.com/egraphics/main.php?id=eggs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:13 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

arogance1 wrote:
Personally, I put 12200 as a random guess. But the number won't be very high because it was a hard LC anyway so not many people will have entered

yeah that's the reason why I guessed 4200, I figure if only 2200 won then about 2 times that amount must have guessed, because I think not alot of people even care about the LC much...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 1:58 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I know a lot of people don't bother entering just because it is too hard. This weeks was very hard so even more people would hvae turned away. So I though of a relitivly small number :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 2:15 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Wouldn't it be a nice surprise if there was just 1 winner this week, taking all 2million np (crosses fingers) :D

Get your egg at http://www.pickle-green.com/egraphics/main.php?id=eggs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 3:57 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I think I'm gonna use a psuedo-random number like other have as well, based on my current NP... as soon as the servers come back up. -.-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 4:15 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

From the Neopian Times Editorial:

I love the Lenny Conundrums. I love solving puzzles like that. The problem is that I'm not very good at it. Now that you've made them harder, I can't even begin to try and solve them. So, instead of making every one a really hard one, can you make every other one be really hard and the rest be easier. Or have different questions for different levels of difficulty. - Maidencrow

Heh. Recently we set the guy who creates them a challenge to make them super super hard. We will alternate between fiendishly hard and not-so-hard so you should have a better chance at some of them.

-----

So, was this one "fiendishly hard" or just "fiendishly stupid?"

I suppose making something "super super hard" just means randomly choosing things like a "minus" sign to make fewer people get it right.[/b]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 5:10 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

This LC is remarkably stupid...
Just think - every other LC we'll have "How many users entered last week's Lenny Conundrum? Please round to the nearest 100." and every other LC we'll also have someone winning 2 million.
O well..random guess..2700. I think i'm right in assuming that not more than 500 idiots on neopets took their time to guess a wrong answer for the last LC?

Its not about what you do, but about how you go on doing it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 5:35 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

And I'm one of those idiots. WOOHOO!

Anyway, they're just toying with us now. So don't be so negative. Think of it as a sarcastic solution to our complaints.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 6:22 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I think they are rubbing in how many people got the answer WRONG last time!

Image Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 6:49 pm 

I may be alittle paranoid :> buttt.... maybe this is their way of finding out how many people figure it out and how many lurkers there are. without the answer being blabbed in boards maybe the lurkers wont answer or they are going to see how many enter the same answer??

My 2 Cents go Here

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:18 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Yes! i have the same chance as you guys do on this one!
*enters random number divisible by 100*

Losers are those who do not try

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:21 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: Set by DM was on Fire! 2nd place in my set contest.:)
I guessed 3300.......cos I like the number! :P

ImageImage

TGSET: http://www.pinkpt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13685

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:56 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I guessed 9900...i figured it was a nice number to try. It would be nice to be the only one that wins thats for sure. :D

ImageImage
Set by Medli.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next