Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Thu Oct 10, 2024 8:27 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 5:07 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

slowing strikes are nice but I don't think 15 points in is worth it. 3% at a time adds up plenty whn you're in a tough fight and shockwave comes in handy much more often.

Honk Honk Honk $#%#$% honk hooooonk.

- Honk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 6:06 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

lotusgenie wrote:
Bah! This is going so slowly! Does anybody have any tips on how to level up faster in chapter one of the insane game? I'm at level 11, and still haven't gotten to Zombom yet because those stupid skeletons beat me down every time I get near the stairs up. I don't want to use too many healing potions, so usually I beat a hasty retreat back to the village, but it's taking forever to get experience that way! Do I just need to keep slogging through, or is there a better way?

Get to maybe level 12 and just make a run for Zombom on normal mode (not hunt) to avoid the monsters. You should be able to take him, just watch your HP and use lots of potions.

Don't be afraid to see the truth, even if no one wants you to. Be yourself and not a fool. Don't ever be afraid to speak your mind and listen to criticism. Dissent is keeps our country progressive and willingness to challenge yourself is what keeps yourself ever evolving.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 6:33 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Ah well. Guess I didn't watch my hp close enough. Zombom got me with two decimates in a row, each knocking 31 of my remaining 56 hp off. :cry: Here we go again....

Thanks for all the advice though. I did get up to 12 right before I took him on, and I think that this next time I can do it, provided I don't get impatient. :P

ImageImageImageImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 7:05 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

lotusgenie wrote:
Ah well. Guess I didn't watch my hp close enough. Zombom got me with two decimates in a row, each knocking 31 of my remaining 56 hp off. :cry: Here we go again....

Thanks for all the advice though. I did get up to 12 right before I took him on, and I think that this next time I can do it, provided I don't get impatient. :P

That stinks. I've died four times on insane...it's not pretty and I'm way too impatient. The first three times was getting to Zombom. Never let your HP get below 40 when you fight him, 45 if you want to be even safer.

Don't be afraid to see the truth, even if no one wants you to. Be yourself and not a fool. Don't ever be afraid to speak your mind and listen to criticism. Dissent is keeps our country progressive and willingness to challenge yourself is what keeps yourself ever evolving.

Last edited by SpiraLethe on Mon Jun 21, 2004 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 7:07 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

lotusgenie wrote:

Ouch. :wince: I'm sorry to hear that. Leveling up to Zombom has got to be the most tedious part of the game.

As you undoubtedly found out, there's no way except to slog through. My strategy was pretty much to fight the strongest enemies I safely could (given the risk of 2 enemies or one of those skeleton knights showing up), burning Healing Vials and trying not to use stronger potions unless I was maxed out or in an emergency. Whenever my Healing Vials started running low, I ran back to White River to by more (and beat up on the smaller, weaker monsters for potions, XP and gold). I made zillions of these runs back to White River (at least, that's what it felt like).

I was actually leveling-up from 12 to 13 within sight of Zombom when I decided I needed to head back to White River for vials. I don't recommend doing this, I ran out of the vials and had to burn through some of my stonger potions. Fighting my way to White River and back in again almost got me that last level, though. :-)

On an unrelated note: Hmm. I'm fairly certain I got neither shockwaves or stuns on Terask II. Evidently if it does happen it doesn't happen that often.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 6:12 pm 

Quote:
The one skill I've always been curious on is Talinia's Ranged attacks; about how many seconds does an 11 in that add to a monster that tries to hit her? After all, if it's halfway decent, then come Terask every time he goes after her, it gives you extra breathing space.

Also, does it work on single/party spells?

Ranged attacks is quite decent, I didn't pile a load of points into it too early on but I kept it topped up every now and then especially in the final stretch of the game.

You really do notice it when people attack Talinia, their time to next more is normally a little higher. With Terask he's so fast but it does have an effect I think.

As for what attacks do it, I think all attacks directly at her, whether they hit or not, will count. I don't think GDD spells count though but I might be wrong there.

-Aesir

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 7:14 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Is 20 a good level to fight Kolvars or should I train more?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 8:25 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Tanwo wrote:
Is 20 a good level to fight Kolvars or should I train more?

Eh, you should be able to in normal, but you might want to level up a couple times to be safe; Most people don't fight him at 20.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 7:18 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I'd probably suggest training more, just to be on the safe side. I'm level 23, and only at the caves of terror. Granted, I'm on evil, but I'd still advise levelling.

It's always better to be overlevelled than underlevelled.

Gone, forever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 5:22 pm 

Congratulations!
You have beaten NeoQuest® II on Evil difficulty!
You are awarded a NeoQuest® II trophy...

...as well as 30,000 neopoints!

should i try to beat insane too?

i got a Halo of Devilpuss.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 6:55 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

go for it! When I beat evil mode (I'm in the haunted woods right now) I'm definatly going to beat it on insane. It can't be THAT much harder especially if I overtrain like mad =P

The rewards are well worth the time spent in my opinion

- Honk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 7:14 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

cap wrote:
go for it! When I beat evil mode (I'm in the haunted woods right now) I'm definatly going to beat it on insane. It can't be THAT much harder especially if I overtrain like mad =P

The rewards are well worth the time spent in my opinion

As for harder...hehehehe.....Um. Good luck. :) (I'm on insane right now, in the Haunted Woods)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 8:16 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

how hard is it? My theory is that only the bosses are harder. I do have a question though, do weapons/armor drop more frequently from regular enemies on insane mode?

- Honk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 10:39 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

cap wrote:
how hard is it? My theory is that only the bosses are harder. I do have a question though, do weapons/armor drop more frequently from regular enemies on insane mode?

The bosses (except Terask II, he's always a pain) are not bad, getting to the bosses is the challenge. The enemies are harder to kill (more HP) and it takes more experience points to level. Getting Mipsy is the hardest part. I died several times in the second cave. Insane takes a lot of patience.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 1:19 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

SpiraLethe wrote:

As for harder...hehehehe.....Um. Good luck. :) (I'm on insane right now, in the Haunted Woods)

Same here. I may be there a while, as I'm starting to get REAL sick of NQII. :-)

I wouldn't say NQII is harder per se... although I haven't met Terask II yet, I may change my tune then. :-) It's more that it's longer and more tedious. All the enemies have twice as many HP as they did in Normal, making it take that much longer to whack the monsters, earn XP, and gain levels. Moreover, if you're being careful you spend much of the game at a higher level than you do on Normal and Evil, so you don't earn as many XP per monster.

But it's still the same drill... pick the right skills, whack the monsters, watch your levels, try not to die. :-)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next