Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:27 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 9:02 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Nessa wrote:
162 wrote:
It's only a hypothetical public bus!
And hypothetically, I'm leaving Friday next week, so in my hypothetical wallet there's only 20 hypothetical dollars.
Hypothetically.

Hypothetically, I would steal more from my mother. Since it is for a hypothetically good reason, I doubt my mother would hypothetically angry.

Hypothetically, I might take a voice recorder. To record any hypothetical threats from a hypothetical angry/violent father that I'd hypothetically encounter. Hypothetically, it might come in handy in the future should you have to go to court concerning the hypothetical angry/violent father.

Good call with the voice recorder nessa! I'll have to remember that next time I'm hypothetically doing something like this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 9:19 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

We all know that this isn't hypothetical. 162- Please don't do this. That's not hypothetical advice. SO many things could happen to you. You could get in trouble with the law because what you're trying to do is against the law and considered kidnapping. PLEASE don't do this... I mean, really- you could get hurt. If there's a problem with your dad and he's abusive, you need to call the police, not break the law. :?

the greatest love story never told.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 2:03 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Hypothetically:

I know we have never talked one-on-one, 162, but I've read your livejournal and I know some of the story. I agree with Dawn, please - don't do this. There must be another way to get your sister back without getting yourself, her, or anyone else hurt or in trouble.

If you do decide that this is the way you MUST go, take a cell phone. It'll come in handy. And some more money, just in case.

Whatever you choose to do, please, take care.

Set by robot. Van Den Hoogenband is the best name, ever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 2:36 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Hypothetically, you put your self in most danger alone. The police are profesinial(sp), therefore, hypothetically, I call them. Hypothetically, of course.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 3:12 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

*is going to die laughing if this ends up actually being really hypothetical*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:38 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Such a hypothetical situation as this... defintely shouldn't be done. Its much to risky.

It wouldn't be ideal to put yourself or your sis into a more hypothetical worse position than before.

Please don't do this. Find some professional way to resolve this problem...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:43 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

You would also have to consider that your father will probably try to get to where you live before you can return there with your sister or even try to get you en route, which would make the whole thing pointless.

Yes, getting the police in on this would be a much better idea than doing it yourself.

If you really want to do this by yourself, refer to my last two posts and note that you should also read up on first aid and martial arts a bit, just in case.

Yes, I'm still alive...still alive...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 5:01 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

You shouldnt do it. Cause your gonna really do it,I can tell.

Dawn is very right. Your dad might and probably will come and find you..sorry to say,you need the police in on this.

If you do this anyway,God bless you..I am thinking,maybe,I should ask my parents to pray for you. It seems like your in the poo hole. (As in,lots of trouble)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 5:54 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Aye, I agree with Medli and Dawn...even if, in court, you could get him done for something or other, wouldn't he try and get you for trespassing?

that's me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 6:07 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Of course, but the you'll need rock solid proof that he is dangerous and abusive, otherwise the police won't do anything.

kudos sasha+gregory // PPT's Unofficial President

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 6:17 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

He has friends that are incredibly well-versed in law- so he knows exactly how to break them without getting into trouble. -.-
Hypothetically.
Look. Say you hypothetically had a sister that's one year younger than you, and she's one of the most important things in the world to you. Say your father used to beat you up, and repeatedly tried to kill you while in a drunken state. Say you didn't want to wait for your father to explain his way out of hurting your sister.
Would you do the same? Hypothetically?

Aah, and Jill, I'm 15. Can't hypothetically rent a car yet- but have the identification to ride a bus for four hours.
Hypothetically.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 7:22 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: Politically Sanitized, Non-Jim-Slappable Location. La Button par _jaye_
Dude, I don't know if you know anyone around there, but you should try to find someone, anyone, just in case.

Even if its a friend of a friend of a cousin of a school mate, just so you have a place to crash. Preferably one with a car.

I realize I know nothing about the situation, but my initial reaction is to keep the pcoket knife at the botton of your pack and the pepper spray above that.

Do take care of yourself.

EDIT: I'm going to try to talk you out of this, briefly and in vain for two seconds. Don't do it, call whatever your country's equivalent of ministry of children and families.

Now you can finish ignoring me and listen up.

As much as I hate to say this, don't tell your mom or legal guardian.

Now before people start hitting me with the are-you-stupid stick...

You will be breaking the law and that puts you at risk for some criminal prosecution. However, you are underage. If your mother could be charged with abetting a kidnapping and it will be much worse for her than you and could result it extreme badness.

Also if your father is well-versed in the law, the chances of him getting your sister back if he has legal custody are quite good.

If you can, try to get some people with you. I'd hate for you to be stuck in this alone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:34 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

162 wrote:
Look. Say you hypothetically had a sister that's one year younger than you, and she's one of the most important things in the world to you. Say your father used to beat you up, and repeatedly tried to kill you while in a drunken state. Say you didn't want to wait for your father to explain his way out of hurting your sister.
Would you do the same? Hypothetically?

No. This time it really is hypothetical.

I wouldn't. I have a brother who is one of the most important things in the world to me. Make him younger, replace him with a girl and keep the feelings of sibling love and I would not do it.

I would probably feel so bad, dream of so many horrible imaginings, that are unexplainable in words and be unable to sleep. I could not do it. In all likelihood, it will fail. What are the chances of succeeding? I would say tiny.

Say I somehow get to his place without being noticed. Say I found my sister without anyone noticing. Say she agreed to come home even though she has never indicated this before to me. Say she didn't put up a fuss, didn't scream, didn't call for Dad that I'm there and trying to take her away. Say I somehow bring her out without anyone in the neighbourhood poking their noses out, which they always seem to. Say no one knows or tells him or reports to police for kidnapping. Say I can put her on a bus and take her somewhere. Say the police aren't already out and looking for us, searching everywhere. Say they never notice us if they do. Say I go home and the police aren't waiting there, because it's most obvious. Say I bring her home safe. Then what?

The police come. The police search. The police always find. Sister is taken back. I am charged with kidnapping, trespassing (well maybe not, I'm a daughter), and who knows what else. My mother is charged with more complicated things. Go to court again. Mother put in jail for a term? Maybe. Possible. I put in juvenile? Quite. Or mother obviously cannot look after me so I must be put into custody of my father. There goes any hope, ever, of getting sister away. Somehow in the end, the situation is worse.

Because what can I do? I am no hero. I'm a girl who's in pain because my sister is with my abusive father. If I don't go I'll regret it. If I do go, I'll regret it even more.

And say you aren't caught first step into the plan and charged with intentins of kidnapping or holding dangerous weapons or something.

Your sister will be the one to suffer.

Because as long as she is in his legal custody, no matter what you do, he is her legal guardian. The only way you can win is by the law. That's the truth.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3