Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Sep 24, 2024 4:25 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 543 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 37  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 10:17 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Kira's eyes flicked open. She had dozed off. Not that she cared, she often dozed off in the area she was in. She got up, grabbed her bag and slung it over her shoulder and started walking to the dinner hall. She opened the great door and walked in. Avoiding the stares of other people, she walked to get her food. It was the usual, a chicken salad wrap, grape juice and a roll. She walked over to a table, not far from Elily's, and sat down, her stomach growling.

(Sorry it's short)

Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 10:27 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

"im the black mage." Malea said to him. "But Menai is the white one. " She said looking at her. She looked back at the boy. "why do you want to know?" she asked the boy. She was very cureous, even though she knew not to ask to many questions. "well, you can answer that if you want to." She added quickly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 11:57 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Not very hungry, Menai took a seat with Elily and Malea and watched them eat. It wasn't long before a boy came over and asked for the White Mage.

"Yes, I'm the White Mage," Menai said, wondering why he needed her, "what is it?"

Last edited by _jade_em_ on Sun Jun 20, 2004 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 2:46 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Karmina entered the dining hall, ignoring the looks she was receiving. Ignoring things was an art she had mastered long ago so she could concentrate on other things. All the same, today she decided it would be better if she sat with the other Squad members. That way, they could share the looks they would receive evenly.

She asked only for a juice. Burgers and fries were too oily for her to eat so she would snack on her personal storage later. Oh wait, she realised. I packed it all and sent it home. Urgh. Now Karmina would have to buy some food - or eat the burger and fries. She picked the least greasy looking burger, passed on the fries and took another juice for good measure before making her way to the table.

The White Mage - she made a careful study of the girl's face, anxious to recognise her - and a second Gunner she had overheard say was a Black Mage (so why wasn't she wearing her outfit?) were talking to a young berserker. It was not the Squad's Berserker; he was much older than this young 'un. Elily the original Gunner did not seem to be preoccupied so Karmina addressed her.

"May I sit here?" she asked in a cool, collected voice. She had no intention of making friends but she did not want to be rejected for once, and have to endure everyone looking at her as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 5:14 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

The youngster took a breath, to start explaining himself, but then Karmina stepped by. He opened his mouth and shut it again, not quite knowing what to do now.

Finally he nodded faintly to Karmina. But remained quiet, until the group had answered her.

Set by WIS!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 5:31 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Menai smiled at Karmina. "Sure."

Noticing that the boy was waiting, Menai turned back to him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 6:06 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

"I am Sam," the youngster said, "not that it matters now, but it seems only polite to introduce myself. But in fact I was send here, to get you, miss Menai. I mean I don't want to.." Struggling with his own words, he finally got to the point, "with that I was asked to get you."

He lifted his hands, "because there was fight. Which was very good, by the way. I wish that I could fight like that." He began to swing his hands in example, "but I can't.. because I am only second grade..." He babbled happy on.

Sam finally ended almost casually, "anyways, Merlin got into a brawl with one of the teachers. Professor Gildom thought it might be a good idea you healed him."

The boy began to step back into the crowd, "they are in medical classes. Good luck."

Set by WIS!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 7:14 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Thankfully, Iaran had been in a very quiet unoccupied corridor. Quickly drying her eyes she got up and walked through the maze of corridors until she reached the dining hall. Grabbing a simple salad, juice and a chocolate bar, she quietly made her way over to Elily's table.

Sniffing slightly, she sat down and quietly began to eat. She heard a boy ask for Menai but still didn't look up. People in the squad are gonna think I'm really strange. After all, this morning I was all perky and happy. She stared at her salad thoughtfully before finishing it and starting on her juice. But they can think whatever they want, it shouldn't concern me what others think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 7:49 am 
PPT God
PPT God

[Medical... classes? O.o]

Menai's eyes flickered over to Elily and Malea, and also over to Iaran, who was surprisingly subdued. Menai decided to ponder over this later, and got up.

"Um... yeah, thanks for the message," she told the boy. She turned around, and bade the other three goodbye, before heading out of the dining hall. She felt rather nervous, almost as if it were yet another test.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 8:52 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Pondering for a minute, Andy came to a decision that as much as he like the new Berserker costume, he'll try using it later, as ridiculous as it sounds, he was already beginning to miss his old one...

Five minutes later, Andy casually strolled out of the dorm to the dining hall for lunch in his Gun Mage costume. He felt a rumble erupt from his stomach, a sure sign that he needed food. Fast. Luckily, the dining hall wasn't too far away and he managed to reach there without much effort.

Whe he got there, it seemed that burger and fries were the only food available for lunch. So he eagerly took a bite out of the burger, he didn't care much about the oilyness that everybody seemed to complain about.

[CommanderSwiss is way far behind! Should we slow down a bit to wait for her?]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 10:05 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

[Okay, Kuroro. Berserker info at the bottom of this post.]

Elily smiled at Karmina, but saying nothing as Karmina sat down. She certainly didn't seem to be in the mood to chat much. Elily held back a sigh, wondering how long she was going to put it off. She was feeling really glad that most of the squad members were sitting together, and she wasn't the only one receiving this stony treatment.

Dila looked about. Everyone else was too busy doing their own thing and minding their own business to be staring at her. But still, she took no chances. Pretending to drop her fork, Dila slipped under the table. She peeked out of the tablecloth at the other side of the table, and raised a gun. She vividly recalled the aiming and accuracy lessons she had as a gunner.

Target...locked. Ready.

Elily glanced at Iaran. She seemed...more glum than usual. Something was definitely wrong. Iaran was the happy-go-lucky sort.

'Iaran, what's wro-'

BANG!

'-uuuh...' Elily never had a chance to finish her sentence, as a bullet tore into the air and slammed into her back. There was no cry of pain. She just slumped down on the table.

[Berserker info.
A Berserker is one of the more powerful jobs. With high strength, and hitpoints to begin with, he/she can double the amount of hitpoints by a special battle cry, known as Howl.

Once mastered, not a single physical attack can hit a Berserker. Evade and Counter is the ability the Berserker can learn. Any physical attacks WILL miss, excluding the attacks that are 100% accuracy and will hit no matter what [such as Dark Knight's Darkness]. And on top of that, the Berserker will strike right back. So trying to hit a berserker is almost impossible, and it won't just miss, but the berserker will strike at you back. A Berserker can't dodge magical attacks, but can learn an ability to strike back at the opponent each time a magical attack is used. So, as a conclusion, you CAN'T hit a mastered Berserker in ANY way without he/she hitting you back.]

- Sweet set made by GlimmerFae-
"I wanted to change the world, but I changed nothing. That is my story." - Auron, FF X.

Avatar removed, hotlinking problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 10:24 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Iaran looked up as Elily began to speak then screamed shrilly when Elily was shot. "Get help! Please! Somebody! Help her!"

Frantically scanning the room, Iaran spotted a person holding a gun emerging from underneath the table. Leaping up, onto the table (and knocking over glasses and plates) she ran over to the strange girl. She looks like... DILA!! ((Iaran's a thief, she's VERY perceptive))

Quickly whirling her daggers around her hand, Iaran thrust it down, catching Dila's sleeve. "Quickly!" Iaran screeched, anger blazing in her eyes, "Get the principal in here! DILA JUST SHOT ELILY!!!!" People ran in all directions, and a group of 3rd and 4th grade White Mages ran over to Elily and tried to clean her up before a White Mage teacher arrived to help. ((That is, a teacher hasn't arrived yet))

Iaran quickly thrust her other dagger down onto Dila's other sleeve. "You horrible $#&@%!! How dare you even think of shooting Elily! She's 1000 times the Gunner you'll ever be! And she wouldn't be acting HORRIBLY because of missing out on the squad either!"

Iaran felt like slapping Dila, but she resisted for the moment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 10:46 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

When she thought Iaran was letting her guard down, Dila ripped her arms off. It didn't matter if her clothes were torn or not, escape was the key thing in her mind. Dila raced out of the dining hall, her heart pounding furiously. She didn't stop running until she reached her room. Dila collapsed to the floor, allowing only a few minutes to catch her breath.

She stood up. This wasn't the time to rest. She had to leave - at this moment. Anytime now, Iaran would be leading a couple of students to her room, and she would have no escape. Dila grabbed a bag and shoved as many clothes as she could get into the bag. She grabbed her toiletries, comb, and a lot of hair accesories (from her roommates' dresser). Oh yes, money. She packed that too.

Five minutes later, Dila burst out of the room, looking around. No one in sight. She was forgetting one thing. Oh yes, another sphere! She had no other choice. Dila ran to the next room door, and fired her gun at the lock. The lock was disabled soon enough, and Dila ran in. A glowing job sphere rested on the dresser. Dila snatched it up and pocketed it. She then shot the window, and jumped out of the window.

Dila landed gracefully on the ground. With her bag, she slipped out of the campus grounds and disappeared from sight.

- Sweet set made by GlimmerFae-
"I wanted to change the world, but I changed nothing. That is my story." - Auron, FF X.

Avatar removed, hotlinking problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 10:46 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

[Fantastic, Ria! I was just thinking that Iaran would be the perfect person to find Dila when I was reading Glass' post! :D]

[Oyee, ignore this post if it doesn't make sense, I was typing before Glass did. I'm changing it right now.]

Dropping the juice she had been holding, Karmina did not notice the spill. No one did. Everyone was on their feet now, some paralysed with shock, some running to get help and others already by Elily's side. A blur of white clothes pushed her away from Elily, hiding her from view. Shouts from Iaran seemed to indicate that whoever was responsible had been pinpointed. Good old Iaran, she thought, suddenly grateful. She's a through-and-through Thief. Guilt mixed with her other emotions, guilt for how she felt about Iaran. Her mind passed quickly from this; there was no time to be regretful. Pangs of longing hit her, wanting to be able to help a fellow member in some way but being unable to. Cursed Gunners, cursed spheres she had never learned to use. Whatever Mother said, Karmina had to use the powers.

Stalking out of the crowd that gathered around Elily, Karmina was in time to see a flash of cropped black hair flee from Iaran's knives. They had torn away with no care in the world, the leftoever scraps of material flapping. A glimpse of piercing green eyes was all that she saw before the culprit had disappeared. Karmina screamed in anguish.

"Iaran!" she yelled, beginning to break into a run. "Let's go after her!"

Surely Iaran would be able to get her, she thought, running towards her. Iaran was a Thief in heart, like Karmina was a Songstress. And somehow, nothing could change what you were inside, no matter what spheres you had with you or how good you were at them. Iaran had found her, Iaran had caught her, Iaran was the only one able to get to that witch as the most agile of them - and if she wasn't, she wasn't a squad member. It's like a test, she realised. Everything will be a test from now on. We have to prove ourselves worthy of who we are as the jobs we were born with. No matter whether Iaran was better than her or not, somehow she could never replace Karmina. With this dawning of realisation came peace of mind - and then adrenaline to catch Dina.

"Go, go, go!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 11:01 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Karmina's sudden faith in her boosted Iaran's spirits, she pelted after Dila. Her daggers dangling with torn cloth, she dodged around frantic students and followed Dila. She ran through so many corridors, and soon Iaran was lost.

Eventually Iaran made it near Dila's room, she heard a gunshot and turned the corner to see Dila, with a stolen sphere in hand, running back into her room. Quickly leaping out of the window, Dila made her escape, and Iaran knew she could do no more. Staring out the window, Iaran watched Dila run, then slowly turned and walked back to the dining hall.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 543 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 37  Next