Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Thu Sep 26, 2024 11:20 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 
 Post subject: Imadoki [nowadays]
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:14 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Hmm does anyone else know about this anime? I've read the first manga and it's pretty funny. :3

Set made by SECRET SANTA! ♥ Thank you! ^___^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:35 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I think I've heard of that one. Is it by Watase Yuu?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 7:24 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

There is an anime, too? I didn't know that. I have the first manga volume, but haven't gotten the chane to read it yet. robot has been on me about it, though. She seems to think it's pretty good. :P lol

Image Image
<3 Divas rock! Click to join. <3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 4:34 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I haven't heard anything about it being an anime, but I do have the first three volumes.

Marissa, yes, it's another Yuu Watase series.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 11:36 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Location: New Jersey. The state we love to hate and hate to love.
Yuu Watase is an absolute genuis. I'm getting the mangas for Christmas I hope. *prays* It sounds cute, and it's one of her romantic comedies. So I imagine it'll be wonderful. Plus, I love her art. So detailed! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 10:38 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

It's a very cute series. It lacks the magic that most of Yuu's stories seem to have, though. I think that's what made it so appealing to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 1:11 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Oh oops. I don't think it's an anime series. ^^; Does anyone know how much manga volumes there are? :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 7:00 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Oh, wow, now you guys are making me want to read it - I love Yuu Watase's work.

Question. I think I've heard of it before, maybe even seen an episode or two of the anime if I'm thinking of the same thing. Was it something about a high school, or something, and there was an elementary school student...? Bah, I don't know. I just know one of my friends was like, obsessed with the one I'm talking about, and the title Imadoki rings a bell.

Any posts made from this username after midnight PST and before I sleep for ten hours are not guaranteed to make sense.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 9:48 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Here is the summary from Amazon.com:

Quote:
For Tanpopo Yamazaki, life at the elitist Meiô Academy seems way out of her league. The daughters of wealthy families snub her; other students make light of the fact that she actually tested into Meiô instead of relying on family connections, and the cute boy she saw tending a dandelion the day before wouldn't even acknowledge her existence. Hoping to make friends and have some fun, Tanpopo starts up a gardening committee, but will this help her survive in a school where superficiality and nepotism reign supreme? IMA DOKI follows the trials and tribulations of a budding horticulturist as she makes her way down the winding road to friendship. From Yû Watase, one of Japan's most beloved shôjo artists, IMA DOKI packs comedic charm and heartfelt antics into an adorable bouquet of whimsical fantasy.

Although, Imadoki is not a fantasy story. o_O Unless the writer of the summary meant fantasy = fiction.

Image Image
<3 Divas rock! Click to join. <3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 5:02 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I think they meant fantasy in the literal, non book related sense. As in ; Main Entry: 1fan·ta·sy
Pronunciation: 'fan-t&-sE, -zE
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural -sies
Etymology: Middle English fantasie -- more at FANCY
1 obsolete : HALLUCINATION
2 : FANCY; especially : the free play of creative imagination
3 : a creation of the imaginative faculty whether expressed or merely conceived: as a : a fanciful design or invention b : a chimerical or fantastic notion c : FANTASIA 1 d : imaginative fiction featuring especially strange settings and grotesque characters -- called also fantasy fiction
4 : CAPRICE
5 : the power or process of creating especially unrealistic or improbable mental images in response to psychological need <an object of fantasy>; also : a mental image or a series of mental images (as a daydream) so created

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 8:12 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I think there's 5 volumes of Imadoki and the 4th one is going to come out on Jan 05. ^^~~ Can't wait!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 1:21 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Location: New Jersey. The state we love to hate and hate to love.
magikwishez wrote:
I think there's 5 volumes of Imadoki and the 4th one is going to come out on Jan 05. ^^~~ Can't wait!!

Heh, already? Man, I gotta speed up. I haven't even gotten Volume 1 yet. (Not untill Christmas at least!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 5:30 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Sock wrote:

Question. I think I've heard of it before, maybe even seen an episode or two of the anime if I'm thinking of the same thing. Was it something about a high school, or something, and there was an elementary school student...? Bah, I don't know. I just know one of my friends was like, obsessed with the one I'm talking about, and the title Imadoki rings a bell.

Imadoki is a manga.
The story you are referring to is Azumanga Daioh. That's both an anime and a manga. It's really cute as well. I recommend it. Although, sometimes it does seem like an acquired taste. It's similar to Imadoki in regards to it's very realistic storyline. No magic, etc, just normal people with very strange lives. ;P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 12:47 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I love Imadoki--it fact it was the first manga I finished reading! Yuu Watase does great work! I also love Alice 19th! Anyways, at first I thought Kouki-san was really strange and coldhearted. Though, after reading more he seemed more caring and thoughtful. It goes to show you that first impressions aren't always right.

"The path I've chosen had no effort, unless I took that chance, at the decision I've made, for all I've done and suffered." - Mi-Ku, © Mi-ku All Rights Reserved.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 8:33 am 
PPT God
PPT God

robot wrote:
Sock wrote:

Imadoki is a manga.
The story you are referring to is Azumanga Daioh. That's both an anime and a manga. It's really cute as well. I recommend it. Although, sometimes it does seem like an acquired taste. It's similar to Imadoki in regards to it's very realistic storyline. No magic, etc, just normal people with very strange lives. ;P

Ahh, alright, thanks :) I thought I was mixing things up somewhere along the line.

Any posts made from this username after midnight PST and before I sleep for ten hours are not guaranteed to make sense.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]