Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Sep 24, 2024 4:17 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 543 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 37  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 9:51 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Iaran stopped her dance when Elily entered. "Elily?!! Look at you as a Dark Knight! Whoa! Let's battle!!"

Without a second glance, Iaran began to dance, this time a different magical dance. She began to gracefully sway and swing with her microphone, and began to chant slightly. "Cold, ice, wind, sleet, snow! Come forth! Send us to the land of ice and snow!"

A white, harsh blizzard surrounded them, and soon, Iaran lost control and fainted onto the floor. The blizzard still swayed around the room and slowly died down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:01 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Iaran had completely caught Elily by surprise. She hadn't expect to battle, she wanted to work on her agility! But it was too late. Before Elily could protest or say anything, Iaran had started to chant some spell. A blizzard started and began to engulf the dome. But it soon faded away, as Iaran, who apparently had lost control of the magical dance, fainted. Elily who was left unscratched, ran to Iaran.

'Iaran! Iaran!'

- Sweet set made by GlimmerFae-
"I wanted to change the world, but I changed nothing. That is my story." - Auron, FF X.

Avatar removed, hotlinking problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:12 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Iaran opened her eyes blearily, she hurt all over. It looked like being a Songstress wouldn't be very easy after all. She carefully sat up, "I'm okay Elily, I just lost control. How about we practise getting used to our new spheres for a while. Songstress isn't that different from Thief but I'm sure that Dark Knight is very different from Gunner. We can practise by ourselves for a while."

Iaran carefully stood up and dusted herself off. She walked over to a corner of the hall and closed her eyes, "I'll make up a song and dance carefully this time. Oooh! I know! I'll make up a song and dance that will boost the party's agility, that'll help everyone, especially you Elily."

Then Iaran opened her eyes and thought of a quick dance, she based it on the Thief sphere; quickly hoping around, she swung her microphone as she would her daggers, quicker! quicker! she thought.

((Yay! Dancing, even if I can't dance, Iaran can!))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:29 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

[Long post forewarning. It's a Friday afternoon, I'm relaxing.]

In the safety of her room, Karmina quietly took a quick look around. She knew there were plenty of things she could not bring as she gazed longingly at her many stuffed, overflowing drawers. Dance items, music sheets, photographs lay all over the little corner of the room she shared that was "hers". Each girl had a corner, Karmina's the most recognisable. Of all these things, she had to bring only the essentials.
The girl had no idea how long they would be without civilisation, or more importantly, water, nor did she know if this would last until the winter months.

In the end she picked three pairs of trousers (two tight, one loose), two sweaters, two long sleeved shirts, five loose, short-sleeved, cotton ones for everyday wear, two skirts (one long, one shorter), seven pairs of socks and other necessities, a pair of tights for dancing, two pairs of dance shoes (low heel and a higher heel for the tap), walking shoes, a pair of boots, a winter jacket and a long black coat.

There was also her Songstress dress. She looked at it thoughtfully, then placed it to one side. One day she would have to wear it. Maybe that day was now.

She selected an outfit from the clothes listed and placed it neatly to one side for the next day. The rest she packed into a tight leather bag, along with toiletries, nightclothes, a sleeping bag and the minor details. Miraculously, there was still space at the top for other things.

Closing her bag firmly, she swung it onto her back and winced under the weight. Her mind was busy at work, trying to think of something non-essential, but really, there was nothing she could think of. It had been almost impossible not to stuff her toys and photos in as well. All she had of home was a silver necklace with a tiny pair of dance shoes dangling from it.

What of the rest, though? All her other items - she might not be back for a long time. Will I ever be back? she wondered, a sudden dark shadow crossing her heart. Rapping her wooden nightdresser nervously, she shook the thought out of her head. But if I don't want to lose anything...

With a sigh, she packed everything she owned into a few suitcases. In one of them, she dropped a note.

Dear Mother and Daddy,

I hope these things don't come as too much of a shock to you. I've been picked to be a member of the Squad. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. I don't know where I'm going or how long for, but please send me money regularly to my account. Whenever I'm in town someplace, I'll send you a message and get whatever I need. These things are going to be home for safekeeping until I come back.

Your loving daughter,

Karmina

Calling up one of the school's personal servants on the telescreen wall (the wall served as a television to contact whoever the students needed in times of assistance), the excess luggage was displaced of.

Now for the last few items she needed: books.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:47 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Menai gazed at herself in her mirror. Black Mage clothing. She wore a sweeping black cloak, with a black hood (drawn back.) This cloak was quite different from the white mage's one - it was to make her look good, trailing behind her, rather than protect her from the warmth, as her old cloak did. She didn't wear a white robe anymore - it was rather like a midnight-black bathing suit, only made of a light cloth. Long, loose silk sleeves were connected, reaching to her wrist, but it wasn't hot. In fact, it didn't feel like the sleeves were there at all. She were tight spandex shorts over half the bathing-suit-like garment. She lowered the top of the shorts to her waist. She looked back at herself in the mirror, and grinned. Her idiot sisters would die to wear things like this. The only problem was, the black mage's costume were so... summerish. She'd be frozen if she tried to wear this during the coming winter. She looked down at her feet. Shiny, heeled boots. She looked back up at the mirror again to admire herself, and noticed the hairband. It was amazing how she hadn't noticed it before, because the black stood so clearly against her mane of red hair. It was made of some sort of lightweight, black, steelish material, and had spikes running across it. The spike in the middle was the tallest of all, so it kind of had a tiara effect. Menai gazed at the reflection of the hairband. It was so pretty. And yet slightly evil-looking.

[Yeah, I made up the costume, seeing as I have no idea how a black mage would dress >_<]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 11:05 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

[http://www.ffshrine.org/ffx2/ffx2_dresssphere.php for those who want a look at FFX-2 dresspheres.]

Passing by the dome, Karmina saw everything that took place. Iaran changing into a Songstress (however, fortunately, the outfit was slightly different). Iaran performing the Darkness Dance - a dance that Karmina had taken a week to master without the sphere. Iaran beginning a blizzard attack so powerful she fainted. Iaran recovering so quickly and making up her own choreography. Tears of jealousy and hurt sprung up in Karmina's dark eyes. It wasn't fair, it just wasn't fair!

Sprinting to the toilets, Karmina washed her hot, red face in the cool water that came splashing out automatically. The sink offered her a towel which she unconciously accepted, drying her face and giving it back. The sink then disposed of it in a towel-basket.

All her life, Karmina of the Lirit family and been taught to dance using a minimal amount of the sphere's powers lest she wanted to bring shame upon the family. Even now, when she knew that society would not care if she used the sphere, she trained and all she knew was pure hard work alone. The only times she had begun using the sphere was when she joined the school and found people doing dances she could not do without it. After asking permission from her mother and getting a rather strained, dry note of assent, she began to use the powers but never forgot her mother's belief:

A person who relies too much on the sphere will be no person at all should the sphere be removed from him.

Never wanting that to happen to her, Karmina had worked harder than everyone to be top of the class. No doubt why she was chosen, but nevertheless - Iaran was somehow better than her with the sphere's powers.

[Now that is a terrible post. I'm hungry.]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 12:57 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

[Go see the link Lillie gave if you're still clueless. ^_^]

Elily smiled weakly, and with the help of her sword, got up from her kneeling stance. She trudged further away from Iaran, and found a little training space of her own. Hmm. Now to practise agility. Maybe she could try running?

Elily focused, and gathered her energy. GO! She forced her legs up.

And fell flat on her face after one step.

Elily got up slowly, groaning. This was impossible to get used to. She couldn't even MOVE in this armour, let alone use the sword. Maybe she could try jogging?

She fell flat on her face after two steps.

Not good. Elily got up with much effort, blinking away tears of frustration. Everyone seemed to be having fun with their new job, but not her.

That does it. I'm going back to my room.

Elily left the dome, and reached her room half an hour later. She hobbled over to her bag and pulled out a book which she had packed up for the trip.

Dark Knights: Warriors of the Night

Introduction
Dark Knights are one of the most powerful jobs, with high strength, defense, and endurance. Unfortunately, there is a great price to pay for the immense boost of power, a Dark Knight has low agility.

Death, night, the darkness, and the underworld are associated with the Dark Knight. Thus, it is no wonder most of the abilities and attacks a Dark Knight has are particularly devastating, with a few specially to torture. The most powerful and famous Dark Knights are particularly known for their coldness and cruelty. The government of the world take in the best Dark Knights for their Defense troops every year, with Warriors being a close second.

A few of the strongest attacks of the Dark Knight require sacrifices of hitpoints [endurance]. No pain, no gain. Darkness and Charon are among the attacks. The Darkness attack is a wave of darkness sweeping over all enemies in the battlefield, in exchange of some damage to the user. Charon does extremely heavy damage in exchange for the Dark Knight's life. Several other attacks do not require a Dark Knight to move much, the Knight can cast the attacks without budging, thus minimizing the disadvantages of being slow.

As a conclusion to this summary, a Dark Knight can be easily overthrown due to their lack of swiftness, but that is, if the opponent can defeat the Knight before he/she is hit with Darkness or Charon. A Dark Knight can be a double-edged sword at times, but will prove to be an excellent fighter, once mastered, in the battlefield.

Elily shut the book, now thoughtful. So there WERE a few attacks that allowed her to stand at one place and not run around. Hmm...a Dark Knight may not be so bad after all. She just needed...practice.

- Sweet set made by GlimmerFae-
"I wanted to change the world, but I changed nothing. That is my story." - Auron, FF X.

Avatar removed, hotlinking problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 5:17 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Rosa placed her Samurai sphere down gently on her now empty desk. She closed the suitcase and lugged it down to beside the door, she would move it later.
One thing Rosa was unsure about with the Alchemist...the gun, she had never used one before.

Mabye she should go and practise...yes, she would go and practise. One thing that Rosa loved about this new job was the potions she might use, she had hundreds of them herself, many of them poisens. Yes, Rosa would have fun with this.

((Can I mix any potions together, for instance, pheonix down and potion to make a pheonix down recover more of the persons HP AND revive them, whereas normally it would only recover a couple of HP and revive, or some HP, and not revive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 8:14 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Malea turned aound and saw Iaran talking to her. Before she go tthe chance to answer, Elily walked in. Bretty soon, they started to practice battle. Malea steped back, and watched as Iaran danced around Elily was getting frustrated in her heavy outfit.

As Elily went out of the room, Malea walked back to Iaran. "I would love to train with you." she said, taking out her guns. A smile crept onto her face. "but, my old sphere is back in my room, ill get it later."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 12:52 am 
PPT God
PPT God

((Whoa, I wake up and wham! There are like 10 extra posts, lol))

Iaran nodded at Malea, "Okay, but do you mind if I change back into Thief now? I want to practise changing between the two spheres using both magic and my daggers to attack." Iaran changed back into a Thief, her daggers shining in her hands. She ran forward to steal something from Malea and got a Super Potion! "Yay!" she squealed, before running back and changing spheres.

Iaran began to perform the dance she had used before, the Darkness Dance. Darkness began to swirl around Malea, this should make it harder for her to shoot me she thought.

(( http://www.ffx2.net/ ))
(( http://ff.warcry.com/ ))

((The two above sites have info on FFX-2, items, storyline, dresspheres and anything else. Just PM me, Glass, or anyone else that has played FFX-2 if you want to know anything))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 1:38 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Myrei strode to her room with her usual air of indifferance; Tamir at her side, mimicking her step and attitude to perfection. The two worked well together. Ascending the stairs, Myrei made sure they were well out of the way of others before she let her concentration drop. The resuktant change seemed as though she'd suddenly taken away a mask that she'd been holding before her face. Her expression softened, almost seemed to sag. Her eyes lost their cold edge, though they could not exactly be called 'warm'.

It was a mere ten minutes or so before she returned wth a fully loaded bag; apparently carrying not only her own luggage, but a few of Tamir's things as well, though the wolf provided for himself, for the most part.

Mas mothaionn tu fein mar rud eigin caite ar an dtra...
Lig dom goideail an croi duit...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 2:50 am 
PPT God
PPT God

[We-ell, the costume I made up sorta fits the third picture of the black mage from the link Lillie gave, except mine's all black and doesn't include those long socks, nor the hat O.o I suppose I couldn't just add socks and a hat to my outfit and keep it like that? :P]

Menai turned around to find a pointed black hat sitting on her bed, next to her white mage sphere. She picked up her white mage sphere. Uh-oh. No pockets. She sighed, and opened her suitcase. She dumped in the white mage sphere, the black mage's hat, and pulled out a piece of paper and a pen. Then she sat down at her desk, and wrote,

Dear Mother

She paused, and sighed, closing her eyes. What would her family care if she had been chosen for the squad anyway? Her mother would, as always, declare that Menai was a disgrace to the family. But then, her mother had never seen how important intelligence and talent was. She only cared about appearance, and hated the way Menai resented makeup.

Menai felt a deep misery welling up inside her. Why can't they care? she thought, why can't I have a normal family?

She imagined her father. If she had told him. He would be so proud of his daughter! He was decent, and Menai had loved him. Only he had left the world. Menai suddenly found herself furious with everybody and everything for being so unfair. Why did her father have to leave her alone to endure everything? And right now, after she had been selected to defend her world, when she most needed him to praise her and say that she'd succeed with the other members... he wasn't there.

That was when she remembered she was writing a letter. She stared at the piece of paper, and sighed. No use thinking of her dad now. She pulled herself together, and began to write.

I've just been selected for the squad, along with eleven others. There's only one person from each category. We all got a second job sphere. I chose black mage. I like the outfit. I've packed everything. I'm not sure when I'll see you and my siblings again. We're leaving tomorrow morning. I just thought you should know.

Your daughter,
Menai

There. That would do. She didn't want to write some amazingly long letter - her family wasn't very dear to her, and anyway, her mother would just be bored with reading. Menai got out an envelope, folded the letter neatly, sealed it, and wrote out the address with meticulous handwriting.

It then occured to Menai that she should were a belt that she could tuck things into. She pulled out a belt from her suitcase and snapped it around her waist. She couldn't put the envelope in, of course, so she left it on her now-empty desk, and went out of the dormitory. She first looked around, wondering if Iyani was in sight for her to taunt - but Iyani had gone, probably steaming with so much jealousy that she was doing unusually badly during her lessons.

Why not get used to this job? Menai thought. She hurried along to the Training Hall, which wasn't very far away. As she entered, she saw that some of the other selected squad members already there. She saw a large swirl of blackness in the middle of the room. She squinted, and could just see the silhouette of a person dancing in the middle of all the darkness.

Iaran or Karmina? she wondered.

[Er, yeah, semi-long post XD]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 3:12 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Iaran stopped her dance, panting harshly, she should really ask Karmina for advice later. Then she saw Menai standing at the door to the hall, calling to tell Malea to stop the fight, she ran over to her friend. "Wow! You look really awesome in that Black Mage outfit! I was just training with Malea, maybe you'd like to join us? We're practising with our new spheres."

((It doesn't matter if your outfit's different, it's really up to you. I just based my outfit off the FFX-2 ones because I have a large knowledge of them.))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:41 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Menai smiled shyly. "Sure, I'd love to join you. I see you're doing well with your new job already."

Menai wondered how a Black Mage would attack. Sure, the outfit made her look like Black Mage, but she had an odd feeling in her that made her think she really didn't know how to start.

To her surprise, she found that her hand was itching slightly. She looked down, and with a metallic swish, a black staff ending with a dragonish cresent slid into her grasp out of nowhere.

[I didn't know how else the staff was going to appear, so... O.o]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:41 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

((hehe, cool! thanks for the sites))

Malea pulled out her guns, she didnt want to hurt Iaran, but before she could fire, she stoped and looked at the girl that was now the black mage. This was the first time she actually thought of the person that would learn the stuff she mastered in. She lowered her guns for a second. "uhh...h-hi..." she said, stuttering a little. She was a little worried, but shook it off. "im Malea." She smiled at her. "i dont think i know you...but, i could help you with your black mage powers, it was what i mastered in." she said, trying to be friendly with out showing fear. "here, come train with us." She pulled out her guns again and fired one just above Iarans head. "im ready when you are" she said, feeling a little more comfortable around people. maybe this new job wouldnt be so bad. it gave her more confidence.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 543 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 37  Next