Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Sep 27, 2024 5:21 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 8:18 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Yeah seems like most foreign singers don't do well in the U.S. ...cept for Canadians. But the ones that we do like ae either old and don't play anymore or dead.

Mood:Sleepy x.x
Song of the Week:Ocean Breathes salty-By Modest Mouse

thank you vkceankraz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:17 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Chibzter wrote:
Yeah seems like most foreign singers don't do well in the U.S. ...cept for Canadians. But the ones that we do like ae either old and don't play anymore or dead.

We're foreign? That is hilarious.

Set by Medli

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:30 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

i_love_starburst wrote:
Ammer wrote:
i_love_starburst wrote:
Ammer wrote:
I hope Jet is a One Hit Wonder, no offence to Jet fans, but I hate their album and songs.

Awww...I doubt Jet will be a one hit wonder. Besides, they've already had some hit singles. :D I love Jet.

Really? I've only heard one song which I think is called, "Wanna be my girl?" or something along those lines.

Yeah, they've released Rollover D.J., Are You Gonna Be My Girl, and Cold Hard B**** and I think that's it, they may have released more. So no one hit wonder. :P Yay.

and they've toured the UK :D *saw them*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 5:05 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Ammer wrote:
Chibzter wrote:

I find that odd that Canadians are considered foreign in the U.S. o_O

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 2:02 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Let's see, how about Jesse McCartney or whatever? Apparently he is an actor as well though I have never seen him in a movie. But his voice is alright. But I think he'll have a career like Hilary Duff because he is associated with Disney. At least he's gone from that stupid kid band "Dreamstreet" *shudder*.

Also Aaron Carter, apparently he is still out there *X-Files music plays*.

Set by Medli

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 5:33 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Haha Aaron Carter. XP He's gone to a dead end and won't admit it.

Aaanyway, two supposed one hit wonders. Remember Eagle Eye Cherry with that song "Save Tonight"? I'm not even sure he had a single after that. Maybe he did, but I probably don't remember it...

And the Goo Goo Dolls. "Iris" was awesome, but I think the rest of their songs and singles (like their new one, which is a cover song that I can't remember the title of) didn't do nearly as well, lest get on the charts. Meep.

Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 5:45 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Yoshi wrote:
Remember Eagle Eye Cherry with that song "Save Tonight"? I'm not even sure he had a single after that. Maybe he did, but I probably don't remember it...

Yeah, I remember that. He's Neneh Cherry's brother, isn't he? *nods* I'm sure he had some other songs, but I think they didn't do very well as I can't remember them. -_-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:44 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Yoshi wrote:
Haha Aaron Carter. XP He's gone to a dead end and won't admit it.

Aaanyway, two supposed one hit wonders. Remember Eagle Eye Cherry with that song "Save Tonight"? I'm not even sure he had a single after that. Maybe he did, but I probably don't remember it...

And the Goo Goo Dolls. "Iris" was awesome, but I think the rest of their songs and singles (like their new one, which is a cover song that I can't remember the title of) didn't do nearly as well, lest get on the charts. Meep.

"Here is Gone" did pretty well, I think. So did "Black Balloon." But then again, I didn't start obsessing over the Goo Goo Dolls until last summer, so I wouldn't know for sure.. but I've heard "Here is Gone" a zillion times on the radio, and I've heard "Black Balloon" quite a few.

Hate to say it, but Pete Yorn is somewhat of a one hit wonder CD-wise.. his first album did pretty well, but I hardly ever hear anything about his second one. Bummer, too, 'cause he had some good songs on that one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:55 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Ah, how about those new rock bands that no one ever cares about? Every time I turn on MuchMusic a new rock band is playing but I never see a second video for them. For example there is a group called "Boy" which is sure to be a One-Hit-Wonder. It's sad really. Only very few rock bands do well, Good Charlotte, Evanescence, Linkin Park, Billy Talent etc...

Set by Medli

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 8:19 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Boy...is a Canadian band, I think? Hey, they're not under a major label, you can't expect much of them. Not to mention that their video was under VideoFACT...which pretty much warrants that they're not that big.

They're not likely to be a one hit wonder- they're only gonna chart in Canada anyway. Kinda like Pilate, who have a similar sound and are also making videos under VideoFACT.

Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 12:31 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Sisqo
Vitamin C
Vanilla Ice(Ice, Ice, baby) :D
Corey Hart
4 Non Blondes
Rednex (Cotton-Eyed Joe :D )
Marcy Playground
Eifel 65 (Blue Da Ba Dee)

A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge.
Thomas Carlyle

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 5:04 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

i_love_starburst wrote:
Ammer wrote:
Chibzter wrote:

I find that odd that Canadians are considered foreign in the U.S. o_O

We're not considered foreign to you guys. Not even a widdle?

Quote:
Let's see, how about Jesse McCartney or whatever? Apparently he is an actor as well though I have never seen him in a movie. But his voice is alright. But I think he'll have a career like Hilary Duff because he is associated with Disney. At least he's gone from that stupid kid band "Dreamstreet" *shudder*.

Also Aaron Carter, apparently he is still out there *X-Files music plays*.

I don't like jesse mccartney either or aaron carter. But um jesse McCartney is on the show. Actually i forget what the show is called but it was onWB.

thank you vkceankraz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:03 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Jimi Hendrix. Only lived to the age of twenty-seven, learned the guitar in fifteen years, and mastered it.

Thats a real snaggle-toothed needlepoint jalopeno! A truly strawberried television!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:51 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

kamehameha0 wrote:
Jimi Hendrix. Only lived to the age of twenty-seven, learned the guitar in fifteen years, and mastered it.
What?!?!?! Jimi Hendrix ain't a one hit wonder? Did you loose a chunk of your brain. Jimi is a legend!

thank you vkceankraz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 12:03 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Chibzter wrote:
kamehameha0 wrote:
What?!?!?! Jimi Hendrix ain't a one hit wonder? Did you loose a chunk of your brain. Jimi is a legend!

If you're talking about the music charts, he was a one hit wonder, since only one of his songs got on the charts. Though he still was a music legend.

Time stops for no one.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next