Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Wed Oct 02, 2024 7:27 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:08 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

DM was on fire! wrote:
Callie wrote:
I'll try it sometime when I have time,i'm not too good at drawing with a mouse yet.

That's what you use the zoom tool for. :) And that's also what the undo button's for. :)

I'm pretty familiar with undo :) I tried getting PSP 8 Trial but it'd take like 9 hrs

Awesome set by Tomatie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:09 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

DM was on fire! wrote:
Callie wrote:
I'll try it sometime when I have time,i'm not too good at drawing with a mouse yet.

That's what you use the zoom tool for. :) And that's also what the undo button's for. :)

Just go one pixel at a time, you can't really make a mistake ;P

Example:

Zoomed in example: Use contrasting colour to start out with, it'll help you see. You can always change the colours later. Zoom in and go slow, One pixel at a time.
Just type your letters using one colour, and then slowly outline them using another.

Love is blindness. -- Set by my Secret Santa =D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:22 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I've done it a little bit.I just haven't uploaded yet.

Awesome set by Tomatie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:16 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

You can make gradients in Paint too. It can be rather time consuming, as it's done by hand...but if done correctly it looks like you've done it in a program like adobe instead of Paint.

Another suggestion I have is to you a pixel font for subtext. It makes the set more clean looking.

Gone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:24 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Flame wrote:
You can make gradients in Paint too. It can be rather time consuming, as it's done by hand...but if done correctly it looks like you've done it in a program like adobe instead of Paint.

Another suggestion I have is to you a pixel font for subtext. It makes the set more clean looking.

Ok what are gradients and what are some pixel fonts?

Awesome set by Tomatie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 10:51 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Callie wrote:
Flame wrote:

Gradients are like going from one color to the other but the colours blend in. Something like this :

http://wdvl.internet.com/Authoring/Lang ... dients.gif

Some good pixel fonts are :

Silkscreen
Redensek
Sevenet
Bitdust 1
Bitdust 2
Mini 7

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 12:19 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Callie wrote:
Flame wrote:

Well, since you didn't know what a gradient was, but now should if you've looked at Paladin's post, I'll explain how it's done in Paint.

In Paint, go to Color > Edit Colors.

Click 'Define Custom Colors'

Click anywhere on the large area of colors. The bar on the right should then show various shades of the color you've chosen. (lightest to darkest) Once you have one you like, hit the 'Print Screen' key on your keyboard.

Next past the image you took a screen cap of into Paint, and just crop everything off EXCEPT for the bar with the various shades of the color you chose. Then go to Edit > Select All and adjust the size of the gradient accordingly to whatever the height of your set is.

Then hit 'Select All' again (if you had unselected it) and then Edit > Copy.

Expand the workspace in Paint to the dimensions of your sig. Then paste your gradient bar next to each other the whole way across the area. That'll give you your gradient background.

I hope that made sense. ^^;;

Gone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 5:16 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Paladin wrote:
Callie wrote:
Flame wrote:

Gradients are like going from one color to the other but the colours blend in. Something like this :

http://wdvl.internet.com/Authoring/Lang ... dients.gif

Some good pixel fonts are :

Silkscreen
Redensek
Sevenet
Bitdust 1
Bitdust 2
Mini 7

Another good pixelfont is Kovensky. It's like Silkscreen, but it's kind of different.

Click

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2