Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Mon Sep 30, 2024 4:29 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Theme Months?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:21 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I didn't quite know where to put this, but I have a suggestion.

On some of the other forums that I post on, they have something called theme months. They put it in a sticky in the top of the General chat, and everyone then discusses it. Then, for the duration of the month, it's the theme of their sigs and avatars.

Things like Monster Month, Anti-Drug month, Turkey Month, these end up being a ton of fun, and a lot of people support it by making their sig sets reflect this forum activity.

I've found in the forums I post in that it really brings the forum together even more than they already are and thought that I would post the suggestion here as well.

Thanks for listening. :oops:

<STOWA|Sleep> my sister questioned the title. "Half Blooded Prince? Does that mean he's a Moogle"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:41 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I like this idea!

the greatest love story never told.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 1:21 am 
PPT God
PPT God

...you know this is kinda what ASP did that everyone got so mad at us for...

Image~My Neko Set!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 1:31 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

From what I remember about Asp...
There was a lot of name changing; and thats why people got mad.

Evisceration is a sign of respect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 2:07 am 
PPT God
PPT God

ahoteinrun wrote:
From what I remember about Asp...
There was a lot of name changing; and thats why people got mad.

no more or less that what the mods would do sometimes, the whole thing was blown out of proportion anyway.

Image~My Neko Set!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 2:15 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Quote:
no more or less that what the mods would do sometimes, the whole thing was blown out of proportion anyway.

Mmm.
We changed our names on april fools, and on christmas (though that wasn't me, you can't change ahoteinrun into anything interesting for christmas. Not to mention, I wasn't a mod then; and so did many of the regular members)

Not monthly. Theres a big difference.

Evisceration is a sign of respect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 2:33 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Well since you obviously can't change your names on this version of the forums it'd just be with your avatar and signature. I'd link an example, but the forums I've seen it on aren't exactly appropriate to this forum :oops:

<STOWA|Sleep> my sister questioned the title. "Half Blooded Prince? Does that mean he's a Moogle"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 3:42 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I'm sorry, but I'm personally against the idea.
Many members would just not like to do it, members are attached to their current sigs, and changing them once a month sounds a little often for people who like their sets,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 3:52 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Not everyone would have to change them, though, just the people who chose to. I'm not sure if I'm for or against this, but I thought that should be pointed out. This could also easily be accomplished by another (or existing) group on the NNV board. They could meet and decide what their theme would be every month and discuss and change their sets for it. Then they could start a new thread for every month, like my monthly giveaways and have the old one locked.

Image Image
<3 Divas rock! Click to join. <3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:31 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

The thing that got annoying with name changes, is that large groups of people would all change their entire name, as well as their set, all at the same time, so that it was basically impossible to tell who was who without putting in a greal deal of effort. However, I think it was ok for name changes that still left a clue to who you were, for example, if I changed my name to "Sapphire Snowflake" for Christmas, you'd still know who I was, but if I changed it to "Snowy Dove" it might not be as obvious. However, the ability to change names won't be coming back. So that's all irrevelant.

I'm fairly certain that Theme Months probably won't become an official PPT thing. That doesn't mean members that were interested in doing it couldn't do it on their own. As Miss Jas has stated, someone could create a thread in the No Nutritonal Value board, and anyone that wanted to participate could.
The fact that names wouldn't be able to be changed (just sets) would stave off a great deal of confusion. Also, you might not be able to officially change your forum name, but that doesn't mean you can't write whatever name you want for yourself on your set.

Love is blindness. -- Set by my Secret Santa =D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:50 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I think this is a brilliant idea! I support it.

[="Sapphire Faerie"]The thing that got annoying with name changes, is that large groups of people would all change their entire name, as well as their set, all at the same time, so that it was basically impossible to tell who was who without putting in a greal deal of effort. However, I think it was ok for name changes that still left a clue to who you were, for example, if I changed my name to "Sapphire Snowflake" for Christmas, you'd still know who I was, but if I changed it to "Snowy Dove" it might not be as obvious. However, the ability to change names won't be coming back. So that's all irrevelant.[/quote]

You are saying about how at christmas people could change their names to suit the season, but some people would not use it "proparly" and change it to something festive that didn't sound like their proper screen name. But you have to remember that nearly all the mods and admins were doing it last christmas. Runevalkyrie was Runedeer and Jim was The Jimch. I was Satan Claus. Lillie was Ten Snow and White Wolf was Barf Snow (I think). Their names were niothing like their current names yet people knew who they were. Andif they didn't know who different people were, they could always ask. But let me just say this. At christmas, I think the admins are going to be flooded with name change requests from alot of users and I shall be one of them.

ImageImage
Set - Sunnie
Blinkie - Chass
Left.
ALL HAIL XENU!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 12:47 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I don't think it would ever be a required idea...but something that was pretty well known...I'm willing to start a thread in NNV, if someone would be willing to sticky it for me...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 12:51 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Ixistant wrote:
I think this is a brilliant idea! I support it.

Sapphire Faerie wrote:
The thing that got annoying with name changes, is that large groups of people would all change their entire name, as well as their set, all at the same time, so that it was basically impossible to tell who was who without putting in a greal deal of effort. However, I think it was ok for name changes that still left a clue to who you were, for example, if I changed my name to "Sapphire Snowflake" for Christmas, you'd still know who I was, but if I changed it to "Snowy Dove" it might not be as obvious. However, the ability to change names won't be coming back. So that's all irrevelant.

You are saying about how at christmas people could change their names to suit the season, but some people would not use it "proparly" and change it to something festive that didn't sound like their proper screen name. But you have to remember that nearly all the mods and admins were doing it last christmas. Runevalkyrie was Runedeer and Jim was The Jimch. I was Satan Claus. Lillie was Ten Snow and White Wolf was Barf Snow (I think). Their names were niothing like their current names yet people knew who they were. Andif they didn't know who different people were, they could always ask. But let me just say this. At christmas, I think the admins are going to be flooded with name change requests from alot of users and I shall be one of them.

I think all of the mod's names were pretty obvious - Rune and Jim's contain their original name, and Lillie used to be Ten Snow for quite a time, anyhow, it wasn't just a seasonal change. White Wolf, I think, had her real name somewhere in her profile. So yes, they were quite like their current names.

Frankly, I'm very glad there's no name changing - it annoyed me to no end. But if people want to have an unofficial theme and change their sets, I'm fine by that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 12:55 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

meowth1982 wrote:
I don't think it would ever be a required idea...but something that was pretty well known...I'm willing to start a thread in NNV, if someone would be willing to sticky it for me...

I don't think you can have it stickied. It'd be another group like the Gnomes, CCC, or ASP. You can start a thread, but since it's not official PPT, you'd have to get permission from an Admin to get it stickied.

Image Image
<3 Divas rock! Click to join. <3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 12:55 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Jasujo wrote:
meowth1982 wrote:

I don't think you can have it stickied. It'd be another group like the Gnomes, CCC, or ASP. You can start a thread, but since it's not official PPT, you'd have to get permission from an Admin to get it stickied.

Ok, I wasn't sure...

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next