Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Oct 04, 2024 4:30 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 12:36 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

There are some alternate hosts listed in the Tragic Muse FAQ, at the bottom of the page.

Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 1:36 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

*whines* I hate when this happens.

I have my own host, but I'm too lazy to upload there. I guess I can always upload there if/when I run out of space on PhotoBucket.

Gone, forever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 5:15 am 
PPT God
PPT God

...couldn't you just get another photobucket account with a different e-mail address? :roll:

<STOWA|Sleep> my sister questioned the title. "Half Blooded Prince? Does that mean he's a Moogle"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 5:55 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

meowth1982 wrote:
...couldn't you just get another photobucket account with a different e-mail address? :roll:

That's kinda why they've done their new system.

Photobucket.com has become one of the largest image hosting and online photo communities in the world. Over the last year and a half, we have invested a large amount of time and money in order to support all the users that currently enjoy our services. As most of you know, bandwidth, servers, colocation and power, employees, etc. cost real money. We feel that Photobucket has grown to where it is today because it is free, and we plan to continue the free accounts. The free accounts will be slightly more restricted due to overall cost control and the abuse of free accounts. We have also introduced a premium account for those of you that want more. This premium level includes extra bandwidth, disk space, FTP capabilities, and other additional features. The change in free accounts will be effective Oct 15th.

Many image hosting companies have come and gone over the last few years, but the founders of Photobucket.com have had a plan from the beginning and we plan on being here for the long term. We have admittedly experienced some problems lately, but these have been hardware related, due mostly to growing pains because of the popularity of Photobucket. However, we have always worked tirelessly to fix them as quickly as possible. As revenue allows, we will continue to upgrade the infrasture, add new features, and offer additional services.

If you have contributed in the past, all donations are automatically applied to a premium yearly account. If you have donated $25 or more, you have a premium account already and are automatically entered into the contest. Thank you again for choosing Photobucket.com. Click here to view the premium account features.

The Photobucket Team

Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 4:07 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

If what I've read on the forums was right, the abuse of the free accounts were people using them for things such as adult ads, and hosting for an adult website, as well as for advertisments in general. Maybe it's just me, but I don't know how they would even know that you have 2 of the free accounts...unless you're using every, single, picture that you have in the account and it's using bandwidth, I doubt you'd even draw attention.

<STOWA|Sleep> my sister questioned the title. "Half Blooded Prince? Does that mean he's a Moogle"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 4:42 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I'm sure they can check IP addresses and as well as where the images are linked to. If someone is abusing the free accounts for the purpose of hosting images for adult websites, then mostly like all of the pictures will be used for the same site. I'm Photobucket logs what websites as direct linking to images that they host.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 5:35 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Dawn2 wrote:
Album size 19.18 Mb ( 76.7% )

Why must all good things end? Why?

I suppose I'll just have to go back to Freewebs or 250free. :(

EDIT: 250free doesn't allow hotlinking. *grumbles*

OK, where in the name of Joseph Anza does it say that 250free doesn't allow it? I run 250free and I'm fine. (Of course, I'm a older account.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 5:41 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Album size 3.42 Mb ( 13.7% )
Total pictures 123

no problem for me :)

as long as hotlinking remains free...

and as for 250free, i don't trust it anymore, on some moments it doesn't allow people from europe and other countries to see the pictures

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 6:23 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

robot wrote:
I'm sure they can check IP addresses and as well as where the images are linked to. If someone is abusing the free accounts for the purpose of hosting images for adult websites, then mostly like all of the pictures will be used for the same site. I'm Photobucket logs what websites as direct linking to images that they host.

Sure, but what I'm saying is that's probably what they mean by abuse. Something else I've noticed is that I had donated 10 dollars in the past and had 47.7 MB in my account with no problem. I don't know what the other rules are, but *shrugs* I have two free accounts with them with no problems, as well as a paid account. I guess I'm photobucket loyal, but I don't see why everyone's so bleeding upset over this. :roll: Unless you've got every single one of your pictures linked and they're all being actively used 24 hours a day you can delete pictures...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 7:13 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

For me it's more the obnoxious pop-ups than the new limits...

Ah well. Luckily Livejournal offers image hosting, as does AOL. So I think I'll be fine. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 7:24 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Starchaser wrote:

Ah well. Luckily Livejournal offers image hosting, as does AOL. So I think I'll be fine. :P

o_O There's popups? *blinks*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 7:44 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

meowth1982 wrote:
Starchaser wrote:

o_O There's popups? *blinks*

I don't get popups, but I did notice the annoying new banners. >.>;;

The less space thing doesn't bother me, cause after deleting a couple of wallpapers I made for my brother:

Quote:
Album size 0.97 Mb ( 3.9% )

I was speechless when I saw that, I have quite alot of pictures. :o

Image Thanksies Dawn, sorry I didn't see it before. ^___^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 7:44 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Starchaser wrote:

You might want to check with live journal.

One of the commmunities I'm with couldn't post pictures until she found a new host because live journal didn't offer it anymore. So don't know it's actual or anything.

graffiti.net is good goes down sometimes I think they still offer 100mg of hosting but it's also tied in with your email space. and as long as you know how to figure out the url's it's pretty easy to use.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 7:46 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

BeDeviled wrote:
Starchaser wrote:

You might want to check with live journal.

One of the commmunities I'm with couldn't post pictures until she found a new host because live journal didn't offer it anymore. So don't know it's actual or anything.

graffiti.net is good goes down sometimes I think they still offer 100mg of hosting but it's also tied in with your email space. and as long as you know how to figure out the url's it's pretty easy to use.

GreatestJournal allows 1,000 images, and you can hotlink. But they don't work on PPT. They did. There's no ".gif" or anything like that at the end of the url. I don't remember LJ having hosting...*blink*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 8:12 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

The LJ photo hosting is a relatively new feature available only for paid journals (which I have). So, hopefully it'll be around for a while *shrugs*.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next