Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Sep 27, 2024 6:15 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 4:46 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

i_love_starburst wrote:
Igg wrote:
Kugetsu wrote:
She's okay, I'm not a HUGE fan of her, but I enjoyed a couple of her songs. I like her older work more than her newer work though (moreso anything back from 2000).

Igg wrote:
And the song Ironic really gets on my nerves. Most of the situations aren't ironic. How is rain on your wedding day ironic!?

Easily, someone that has dreamed of having the perfect wedding only to have it suddenly rain out of nowhere and ruin it when the time comes (remembering that this is a scenario and are no "what if's"). Whether its literal or symbolic is debatable. That seems ironic to me.

I don't see why rain should necessarily ruin a wedding. Note- the song says rain, not monsoon etc.

It might affect the camera taking the wedding photos? Oooh or maybe the people would be getting married outside? I'm thinking about it too much. -_-

Yes yes yes, but look deeper, wedding day is the happiest day of your life! A little thing like rain wouldn't ruin it!
OK, I suppose there could be a wet road and the car with your prospective hubby/wife in could skid and they could die...
But that's not what the song says. The song doesn't even say where the rain is!
I think too much. *headdesk*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 8:01 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Nah, Igg, this just shows we're clever and umm...think things through...nah I don't know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 8:56 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: Outside on your boulevarde scaring small children. Um... or in Illinois.
Well... I doubt the song was written with that much thought put into it (or so it seems). It may be written with the impression that many people would be disheartened for it to rain on their wedding? Obviously its an outside wedding and maybe everything from the cake to the dress got ruined by the rain? It could really be anything, though clarity would be nice.

Seeing as events affect people differently, I can see how a lot of these things would have almost no signficance to the song. In the end, this would probably end up being the happiest day of the couple's life anyway, which would be ironic to the song in itself... or something like that. Perhaps she writes songs just to make us sit here and spend a lot of time thinking about it.

I've always wondered about the song "Thank U". It was rather strange, video and songwise... Seems like she's got a lot of things to thank... even India... and transparent dangling carrots... and all of those other strange things. :lol:

CLICK IT!
Thanks to Laq. :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 12:23 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

She's okay, I guess. My favorite song by her is "Ironic", but I do agree that none of those instances said sang about were actually ironic.

*twitch* My language arts teacher would be tearing her up by now if she didn't know what ironic meant. Dx

Image Thanksies Dawn, sorry I didn't see it before. ^___^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:44 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Kugetsu wrote:

I've always wondered about the song "Thank U". It was rather strange, video and songwise... Seems like she's got a lot of things to thank... even India...

Yeah...tis strange. Didn't she go to India or something and it kinda opened her eyes to things? I know she started wearing a lot of "Indian influenced" clothes. I don't know, so maybe that's why she's thanking India? Meh, I'm not too keen on her stuff from that period, I prefer the stuff from the "Jagged Little Pill" era and the stuff she's doing now is pretty good. ^_^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 8:23 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Starburst, your set has me singing 8 Easy Steps. Anyone want the lyrics? I'm obsessed with the song. I played it 8 times when I found the video. Yes, 8. I found it funny too.

I'll teach you all this in 8 easy steps, a course of a lifetime, you'll never forget...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 3:39 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

DM was on fire! wrote:
Starburst, your set has me singing 8 Easy Steps. Anyone want the lyrics? I'm obsessed with the song. I played it 8 times when I found the video. Yes, 8. I found it funny too.

I'll teach you all this in 8 easy steps, a course of a lifetime, you'll never forget...

*thumbs up* That song rules. I could say that was my intention, but it wasn't. But never mind. I just like that line. *points at set*

Oh Alanis Morissette got mentioned in my English class at school today.

My teacher went
"So can anybody explain what dramatic irony is?" and this lad went
"Has that got anything to do with Alanis Morissette and that song? Is it like rain on your wedding day?" and the teacher replied
"no and it's not like ten thousand spoons when all you need is a knife"

Hehe, about the only interesting thing that happened in my English class today.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 9:49 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Alanis Morissette is freakin' awesome. That's pretty self-explanatory.

My favorite song by her is either Ironic or Joining You. I haven't decided which. It's hard to decide.

I signed in to my account at 11:03 pm on Mon Jan 05, 2009. My last visit beforehand was Thu Dec 01, 2005 at 10:26 pm. Um....wow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 9:53 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

pokemew233 wrote:
Alanis Morissette is freakin' awesome. That's pretty self-explanatory.

My favorite song by her is either Ironic or Joining You. I haven't decided which. It's hard to decide.

I was waiting for you to post, I knew you liked her. :)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2