Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Sep 24, 2024 8:37 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 543 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 37  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:59 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

[Remember, this RP only has 12 jobs. That means no Mascot (I had to omit this, because I felt it was too powerful) and Lady Luck (Too complicated to explain to the none-FF X-2 players. I'm afraid you'll have to stick to the 12 jobs listed. ]

[Glad to know you're enjoying yourself in this RP, me too, actually. ^_^ ]

[Professor Gildom is a he, by the way.]

Professor Gildom waited patiently for all the students to buzz off, leaving the selected twelve behind. The other professors looked on, eyeing the several chosen students carefully.

Finally, after making sure everyone was gone and no one who weren't involved in this matter was listening, he started.

'The assignment the Selected Squad has to go through will be no easy task. We'll dispatch you tomorrow after a quick briefing, first thing in the morning, so you get to skip lessons for today, and prepare for your journey tomorrow. We, the professors of this school, wish you the best of everything. This isn't much, but we believe it will help you on your mission.'

Professor Merra stepped forward, holding a beautiful casket. She opened it to reveal 12 equally pretty spheres of glass. Each was glowing a different colour, and in the middle of each sphere was a semi-transparent symbol of a different job.

There was a white feather, symbolizing a White Mage. A witch's hat symbolizing a Black Mage. A silver Gun indicating Gunner. A special, queer-looking gun showing Gun Mage magic in the sphere. A musical note, quaver, to be exact, revealing a Songstress. A swirl of seemingly unlimited darkness showed a Dark Knight, and a human skull symbolizing a Samurai. A little creature symbolized the Trainer job, and a vial of liquid showed an Alchemist. A human fist gave away the Berserker contained within the sphere, while a dagger showed a Thief. The last sphere was a Warrior, and a sword glowed in the core.

'I'd like each of you to take one, each one different from your current job. I know it probably won't be of much help, as you will not be familiar with your new job, but variety will prove to be helpful in certain situations. Take one.'

- Sweet set made by GlimmerFae-
"I wanted to change the world, but I changed nothing. That is my story." - Auron, FF X.

Avatar removed, hotlinking problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 9:05 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Menai couldn't hide her surprise as the casket was opened. She let out a deep breath of amazement. They were letting the squad get another sphere each! It was going to be a difficult choice. The thing was, Menai didn't even know which she wanted. Her White Mage job was useful, she knew. She looked at the glass spheres uncertainly, before stepping back.

"I'm taking what's left."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 9:37 am 
PPT God
PPT God

((Oh well, i know which sphere want anyway))

Iaran squealed in delight, "Ohmigosh! How cool! I'll take the Songstress sphere professor!" She grabbed the sphere in delight and immedietely changed. A golden light spun around her like a giant ribbon.

She was left wearing a short halter neck top with a mini-skirt, the top was gold and sparkly, the skirt was black and shiny. The outfit was completed with knee high black boots with gold glitter, elbow length gold gloves laced with black, and many sparkly black and gold ribbons.

Iaran danced around with joy, waiting to see what Elily, Menai and Karmina would choose. "Come and choose guys. Hmm, i wonder who will pick the Thief sphere...."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 9:59 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

((*quiet scream* So many pages! Backtrack in order! Dratted school. The teachers have decided double normal amoutn of homework is good training for next year. That or to make up for exams, so I'll rush this. Sorry. v_v))

.:Glass Miracle:. wrote:
Proffesor Gildom cleared his throat, and spoke in his usual commanding voice, shushing every single person in the crowd. [I hope that's not power hogging]

toiled [is there such a word?]

((It isn't PHing. And yes, toiled is a word. Discipline to whoever was asking.))

Just before Karmina thought she would scream from fear of potions, Iaran returned. "Oh thank - " she began, but with a jerk she was up on her feet and running. My water! she thought in horror, watching her beloved bottle remain on the wooden table. "Iaran!" she cried out, but the girl didn't hear her. They were running faster than before - it was a good thing Karmina had light feet - and skidded to a halt. Attempting to make sense of what was happening, the Songstress trainee brushed down her dress as demurely as she could. "Ia-" she began, but she was hushed by a cry of "squad results!"

Oh, so that was what was happening, she realised. Her heart beat a little faster. She looked vaguely at her hands for the toast she had been using to take her mind away from the subject. Never mind, she concluded. It would be better to get this over with soon - but still, she could not help but be interested and hopeful.

Though she was perhaps the most self-disciplined and industrious girl in her class, her hope had never exceeded her expectations. Yes, Karmina did want some recognition for her abilities and achievements and this would be a way of being recognised. On the other hand, the actual aim of the testing had never appealed directly to her. To Karmina, it was what was most of her work - a job.

A job her parents wanted to do. It seemed she had never really asked herself what she wanted.

When her name was called, she was stunned as were most people and unconciously joined in the scattered applause that followed. Me? she thought. Wow. They'll be proud. "They" were her parents. She was barely aware of the name of anyone else who was chosen, her mind only on the letter she would write and maybe, just maybe, some praise from them...

Falling back to reality after the last name had been announced, a vague feeling of guilt entered her heart. What would she say to Iaran - Iaran who... had not been chosen, most likely. Iaran was so happy-go-lucky that Karmina began regretting to pick this day of all days to spend with her. Her fears were relieved when the said subject gave a whoop of joy and hugged everyone (presumably her friends), including Karmina, hard. Even Iaran had been picked - somehow.

"Oof!" The Songstress gasped for breath. No one ever hugged her - and if they did, not that hard! Is it just me or am I caught up in a whirlwhind of motion when I'm next to Iaran? she wondered bemusedly. A pile of potions poured into her hands cut short her train of thought yet again. Not potions! But yes, they were potions.

"Iaran!" she cried out at last. "They're not mine! I don't have any! Oh Iaran!" Karmina was thoroughly exasparated as the girl went off yet again. She looked miserably at the potions, unsure of what to do with them. What if she dropped them?

The Professor called for the chosen students to stay behind. As the others - many dejected, some not caring, some shouting good luck to their friends who were left behind - filtered from the hall, Karmina's gaze landed on the Alchemist of the team. Sliding up to him, she smiled briefly. "I think these are yours," she informed him, dumping them into his surprised arms. Then she ran away to as far as she possibly could.

[Apologies Swiss. I hope that's alright with you.]

[Now.]

New spheres? That was strange - very strange. It was something that Karmina had never thought of and never wanted - definitely never wanted. Dread filled her up slowly. She wasn't even nearly good at being a Songstress! How could she ever be something else as well? Her parents' words ran through her head. "Jack of all trades, master of none." But I don't want one! she thought in a panic. Her parents had taught her to look down upon having another job - ever. What was happening? Her world was going topsy-turvy. This wasn't meant to happen!

She wished fervently she had never won. The reward was more like a punishment. Karmina was horrified as Iaran snatched the Songstress sphere. Karmina's job. Never had she felt so threatened in her position as then. She clutched at her dress tightly and drew out a piece of cloth. Wrapping it swiftly round her hand, she made a frantic grab for a random sphere. As planned, she did not change costume. She wasn't sure how she would like being Karmina the - she looked at the sphere - White Mage instead of Karmina the Songstress. Songstress was her born and bred job, wasn't it?

Later upon reflecting on her choice of White Mage, she realised she had been quite lucky. Songstress and White Mage were most closely related in defending, aiding and helping companions. At least she would not need to attack anyone. But that was much later.

Last edited by Lillie on Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:00 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Kira pushed through the other 12 to the casket. She immedetly took the Thieve sphere, it was the other Job her parents wanted her to have, but she choose dark knight. She quickly put it in her jacket, not wanting to use it yet. She started walking back to the back of the group.

Image Image

Last edited by Mandy on Tue Jun 15, 2004 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:10 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Iaran smiled at Karmina sheepishy, "I hope you don't mind me using this dressphere, i've always admired Songstress' they have so much grace, just like you do. I think this job can help boost my Thieving abilities. Then again, i'm sure you're happier that I got your job too, 'cause now we can dance together!"

Immedietely, Iaran began dancing, she managed to dance her way over to a Dark Knight and bump into her, causing the Thief sphere to come flying out of her jacket. "Oops, sorry about that. I guess Karmina's gotta teach me how to dance without hitting people." Then Iaran noticed the sphere, "Thief!!! Oooo! You got Thief!" Iaran immedietely changed back into her Thief sphere.

"Yay! How cool, you should try it out! And just for this, you can have this potion back that I stole from you!" Iaran handed back the stolen potion giggling.

((This is really fun! I find myself laughing at Iaran and all the hyperness she thrusts upon people. And I love the way she keeps stealing potions!
This is getting really easy to write. Too bad I have school tomorrow, I'll post when I get home though))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:31 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Menai glanced rather uncomfortably at Karmina. Karmina looked... well, she looked talented. What if Karmina proved to be a better White Mage than Menai?

Menai looked hesitatingly at the casket. Should she choose, before she got a job she didn't like? Nah. She'd take what was left. It would seem silly to say she was picking last, and then changing her mind. And she still didn't have any idea of which sphere she wanted, either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:38 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Merlin had followed the conversation with some anticipation. His hands crossed behind his back and a stiff face. A new job? This came unannounced indeed, he thought silentfull. He had read about the other jobs, studied other classes, but never thought about taking on another one himself.

Difficult choice, what would be the most reasonable? A flash of small lights illuminated the room when the first student activated her sphere. Which turned out to be Iaran, now a Songstress.

He put his mind back into thinking of his own choice, finally he thought the gun mage would be the best. He didn't prefer another job where he needed close contact with his enemies, because he then risked getting lost into berserking.

While he was thinking, Iaran whirled past. He quickly side-stepped, in one turn stepping forward and taking the gunmage sphere. But not activating it.

He heard the young girl blurting out; "Thief!!! Oooo! You got Thief!"

He frowned, stepping next to her.

"A thief sphere is a sphere like another, I see no reason for excitement?" His voice sounded quite emotionless, unless for some tone questioning tone.

((Forgive me, but I'm re-seeing Star Trek and I just loove the vulcan character. Think like him. He doesn't mean badly, but he just lacks the emotions relating. By the way, I love your character, Iaran, as well as the others. It is a really interesting cast! :D ))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 12:06 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Rosa stood, numbed for a moment, still getting over the initial shock. She noticed only after most of the students were out of the hall that everyone was leading, and stood stupidly for a moment or two.

She wondered what would happen, if she would be the first to die...she did have one of the lowest HP in the group, or if she would be a burden to the group, most of the other's were younger than her, and if they were also better it would be a humiliation.

She sighed, but before she could start her own way out of the hall, another hand grabbed hers. Rosa felt herself pulled along after another...Iaren?

Rosa found herself with the other 11 and the proffeser was saying something...a new sphere?!
Rosa's eyes opened with wonder, mabye she wouldn't be so burdeness after all!

"I guess I'll take Aclchemist.." She spoke quetly, taking the glowing sphere in her hands. Mabye she wouldn't be so usless after all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 1:08 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Karmina looked at the Alchemist sphere. Really, thank goodness she had got the White Mage sphere. Imagine using potions, or an actual weapon to attack. Sure, dancing could be quite a weapon in itself, but you could never hurt someone accidentally by dancing. It wasn't like a gun, or a sword. Those could really cause injury even if you didn't mean it. A dance had certain steps. Do them wrong and the dance was wrong - nothing happened (for the most part). But if the gun backfired, or she dropped a sword - she shuddered at the very thought. Those were violent weapons indeed.

She looked up while she was wrapping the White Mage sphere up and saw the real White Mage looking at her. She felt like a fraud and smiled wanly, not particularly responding to Iaran. She doubted Iaran would hear her anyway. At any rate, this was not a time to go into a dancing lesson. From the looks of Iaran, it might take a while. Her strong point was her speed, but speed wasn't everything in dancing. Especially those death dances. Her face grimaced. Those were the worst.

She nodded politely to the White Mage and screwed her face up to show what she thought of the new jobs. It was obvious that Karmina did not want the sphere but there was little she could do...

"Professor," she said suddenly, breaking her personal rule of not speaking unless spoken to by a person of authority. "Why must we have a new job - and must we excel in these as well?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 5:16 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Malea looked at the spheres. White Mage was taken, so she too the Gunner shpere. Something different would be fun. She looked around at the people dancing happily, and exparimenting with their new abilities. She put her sphere in her pocket, and silently drifted to the back of the room.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 6:45 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

{ {*grins evily* }}

Dumbstruck.

That was the only way to describ poor Aki. He didn't move or respond when people congratulated him. Just stared at Profesor Gildom like he's just anouced he was going to parade around the school in his boxers.
Heck, he might as well have said that, and Aki would never have known, so lost was he in his own thoughts.

ME? A member of the selected squad?

Aki had hopped to be a part of it, but it was something he did knowing he wouldn't make it from the begining.
He had wanted to be on the squad so badly...
but what were the odds of an alchemist like him getting the spot?
Next to none.
And yet..here he was with-

"I think these are yours."
Kaplucnk!

Huh?Wha?

"EH?"
Aki found himself with an armfull of potions, more than he knew what to do with, and not a glimpse of who dumped them in his arms (other than that is was a she by the voice).

"aww piffle."

*******Tis' raining so I must skip some parts to make it faster*****

A new sphere? Why on earth?
Ah well...

Aki made he way to the basket of sphere's his heart set on a gun mage, and if not that a gunner (for what better for an alchemist than another job with guns? He could always use potions on the side after all)

Alas, Aki was to slow.

Both Gunner and Gun mage had been taken by Merlin and Malea. To top it off, he hadn't realy though about any other sphere. He knew he didn't want a sword-weider like a warrior or samuri ( he'd cut himself with that wopping big knife!) or beserker( beserk? As in hit the the monster? With your own hands and feet? Nuhuh!!)...and he was just bad at magic..

but...
people say I'm a nice guy...

Aki shifted his load of potions and reached a hand over the remaing spheres to grab the traniner sphere.

Perfect! I stand over behind a rock and tell the creature what to do, then give it creature-snacks !
How much better can it get?

Aki backed up a ways (it might be a big creature!), balancing his new sphere with his load of potions, and prepared to activate the sphere...

"Here we go..."

(( A question before Aki sphere-changes, can I make up my own creature or do I have to use the FFX-2 crew's creatures?
Also, sorry for the quickyl wirtten post, it's raining so I'm typing fast. I don't want my post to be lost in a power-outage.))

Looks like I'm back!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 9:13 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Malea sat in the back of the room, and was looking at her shpere. She tossed it back from hand to hand, admiring it. Working with guns would be intresting. Maybe she could take some of her black mage magic and mix it with the guns. How fun would that be! She was a little nervous about the trip. She put the sphere back in her pocket. She decided she would be the last one to activate her sphere.

She saw a boy with lots of potions start to activate his sphere. She slowly made the potions float in the air, helping him a little. She began to think she was one of the most experenced here. Her, Iaran, Merlin and Rosa-Christine were all year 5 and 6. She looked back at the boy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 1:10 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

((AAAAAHH! :shock: I leave for the Space Center for three days, and 5 new pages pop up? :dies:

This is going to be a huuuuge post with much backtracking, so...prepare.))

Myrei felt a strange, wet something at her ear. She lay in a puzzled silence, half-asleep and half-awake. Finally she pulled her awaked, the wet something still moving across her ear. She opened her deep grey eyes to meet a similar pair, though these shone with an eager happiness. Her pet, or, as she preferred to put it, companion, Tamir (Tuh-MEER) lay with his head above her, licking her ear gently. She laughed softly, then sat up, pushing the wolf off her chest. He sprang obediantly off the bed, settling to his haunches with his head turned slightly to the side.

Myrei grudgingly pulled herself out of bed, sliding behind a screen. A few moments later the emerged dresses in a lovely, flowing gown, deep navy with embroidered silver stars. She signaled to Tamir and started down the stairs, her pet following abediantly by her side. One of her small hands rested on his head.

As she entered the room, she discovered that she was late. Very late. They were already announcing the names! She'd entered just in time to hear her own name read....they'd pronounced it wrong, but only because they didn't have her own rather odd, lilting accent....

'What wonderful timing...' she thought; the full effect of her being chosen not yet sunken in. And it didn't fully begin to sink in until she beagn to move forwards, becoming more noticable to the 12 left in the hall, Tamir matching her pace perfectly. She took a few steps forward, reaching the remaining spheres. Her stern grey glaze flickered briefly over the symbols. Somebody'd already taken the trainer sphere....she'd have to find out who.

With very little hesitation, Myrei plucked the Warrior sphere from it's place, and turned to stride away to a corner, Tamir remaining at her side, neither turning their gaze, despite the stares they sometimes attracted.

Mas mothaionn tu fein mar rud eigin caite ar an dtra...
Lig dom goideail an croi duit...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 6:05 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Kira looked at the girl with wide eyes. Someone was talking to her? Kira started to get happy, which was a feeling that she rarely got.

Dicipline

Quickly Kira tried to control herself. The feelings would just get in her way of her goal.

"Thanks" she murmured, taking the potion and putting it back in her jacket. She then carefully picked up the sphere, making sure she did not transform.

Image Image

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 543 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 37  Next