Sports discussion. Towel whipping is strictly prohibited. It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye.
Topic locked

Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:17 am

Soda wrote:israel won its first gold medal in sailing or surfing or whtever. thats good.

Yes, we got our first ever gold medal! It was in windsurfing, and the name of the winner is Gal Friedman. There were lots of big celebrations and such, and everyone here is very happy here! :D :D

Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:14 pm

Mistykal wrote:
Soda wrote:israel won its first gold medal in sailing or surfing or whtever. thats good.

Yes, we got our first ever gold medal! It was in windsurfing, and the name of the winner is Gal Friedman. There were lots of big celebrations and such, and everyone here is very happy here! :D :D

ack tell me about it. we have the israeli channel thing here and all they talked about on the news was: medal, MEDAL, medal, medal, anarchy and violence in gaza, medal, MEDAL, medal, medal. i got up and walked out of the room eventually.

Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:20 pm

Soda wrote:
Mistykal wrote:

ack tell me about it. we have the israeli channel thing here and all they talked about on the news was: medal, MEDAL, medal, medal, anarchy and violence in gaza, medal, MEDAL, medal, medal. i got up and walked out of the room eventually.

Yeah, I also thought they talked about it a bit too much, but, it's ok to celebrate.. :)

Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:30 am

This has been a good week. Another silver added to our total! Though its nothing compared to Americas medal hoarding, every one we had one has gotten its on front page story.

Sun Aug 29, 2004 1:14 am

Aye. We're evil little medal-hoarding devils, aren't we?

Sun Aug 29, 2004 1:21 am

Atamand wrote:Aye. We're evil little medal-hoarding devils, aren't we?

Yes yes...*ahem* 100 medals? Standings are here...

...with Canada ranked in 17th with 12 medals. Eh.

Sun Aug 29, 2004 1:25 am

It was expected, though (the 100 medals thing). Seems to happen each time.

Sun Aug 29, 2004 1:26 am

Yoshi wrote:
Atamand wrote:Aye. We're evil little medal-hoarding devils, aren't we?

Yes yes...*ahem* 100 medals? Standings are here...

...with Canada ranked in 17th with 12 medals. Eh.

ooo, thanks for that link :)

YAY!!! We're (UK) 9th.... shame we're not 0th! If there were such a place...

Mon Aug 30, 2004 7:51 pm

Mistykal wrote:

I was pretty surprised when it heard it was Israels first gold.......
But then again, we didn't have as many competitors as the US or China did...
Topic locked