This board is for anything to do with the Pink Poogle Toy Forum. If you have a question or want to suggest any ideas, then this is the place to do it.
Topic locked

Neodex is down

Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:05 pm

Hey y'all. The Neodex has been down for a few days now, and I'm having all sorts of wiki-editing withdrawal symptoms. Does anyone know what is going on and if/when the Neodex will be back up?

I'm so close to finishing all the stamp album pages...

Re: Neodex is down

Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:47 am

emeraldosprey wrote:I'm so close to finishing all the stamp album pages...

Even though I don't know what that is without context, I'm gringing at what it could mean. My old habits as the Wiki Admin are creeping up on me. :evil:

Security of a wiki is rough, because the coding is out in the open. Hackers are always finding new ways to break the code, even if it's supposedly solid after the millionth update. I'm guessing that's what happened. Then again, I really know nothing about computers and networking, and my expertise in coding is simply in wiki. :D Hopefully it's sorted out by the tech soon enough...*nudge*

Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:29 pm

emeraldosprey wrote:Even though I don't know what that is without context, I'm gringing at what it could mean. My old habits as the Wiki Admin are creeping up on me.

I think the stamp album articles are cool. They're basically a photo-guide to all of the stamps in the stamp album, with one article for every "page" in the stamp album. I assure you that they are nice and organized and well coded. ;)

There are no "item database" shenanigans going on, if that is what you are worried about.

Anyway, I'm gonna e-mail Kym and see what is up with the Neodex. I hope it's back up soon; they released a new Petpet on Thursday, and I need to make an article for....

Yeah... I have a problem... o_0

Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:33 pm

I haven't checked the 'Dex in a while. I really haven't had time.

Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:58 pm

Goodness me. I'm always forgetting we have a forum.

Anyway, just a heads up on this, Kym got it fixed about a week ago (I know EmeraldOsprey at least has noticed! :P). Corrupted SQL tables, apparently.

My old habits as the Wiki Admin are creeping up on me

You're always welcome to come back, Jacob ;).

Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:28 pm

I didn't realize how comforting it is to see the Main Page of the Neodex.

Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:05 pm

domo_hello_kitty wrote:I didn't realize how comforting it is to see the Main Page of the Neodex.

It's certainly better than OM NOM NOM I AM EATING YOUR SERVER NOM NOM NOM!!! :D

Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:54 pm

Jacob wrote:
domo_hello_kitty wrote:I didn't realize how comforting it is to see the Main Page of the Neodex.

It's certainly better than OM NOM NOM I AM EATING YOUR SERVER NOM NOM NOM!!! :D

-_-

True, true.
Topic locked