This board is for anything to do with the Pink Poogle Toy Forum. If you have a question or want to suggest any ideas, then this is the place to do it.
Topic locked

Open Links in New Tab

Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:35 pm

Can you make it so that if you click a link outside of PPT, the link opens in a new tab? I'm tired of going to an article someone posted and having to hit Back a bunch of times to get back to PPT. It seems like this would be a very easy fix.

Re: Open Links in New Tab

Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:38 pm

Try holding down control and then pressing the link (or if you use a Mac, press command).

Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:12 pm

Or you can just right-click the link, then choose "open in new tab" from the menu that appears :)

Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:22 pm

i'm with toso here, i find it annoying to have to to remember to press control on every link i want to visit. We did used to have it open in a new window before the upgrade.

Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:26 pm

May wrote:Or you can just right-click the link, then choose "open in new tab" from the menu that appears :)

Yup...that's what I do. It's only one extra click. I, personally don't care whether this changes or not, but I can see how it can be irritating...

Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:21 am

There should also be a setting within your browser preferences where you can choose how links are opened (new tab, new window, etc.). I have everything set to open in a new tab.

Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:55 am

I don't trust my browser settings. Links are supposed to open as new tabs, but they don't unless I hold command. Psh.

Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:24 am

Regan wrote:Try holding down control and then pressing the link (or if you use a Mac, press command).

I know these tricks, but it's still annoying to have to do it every time. I go to a lot of forums and all of them have links set to open in new tabs. That's why I often forget.

Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:17 pm

You can also use the wheel click (basically the 'middle' click) to open a link in a new tab by default. I hardly even use the left click to open a link anymore :roll: Maybe it takes some getting used to, but it will solve this problem for teh entire interwebs all at once ;)

If you don't have a scroll mouse, then it's obviously time to upgrade your pc :P (or at the very least your mouse)

Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:59 pm

Kenjiro wrote:If you don't have a scroll mouse, then it's obviously time to upgrade your pc :P (or at the very least your mouse)

I don't have a wheel mouse as i use my laptop mouse thingy - i can still scroll with it but since it doesnt have a wheel your suggestion wouldn't work but i dont need to upgrade :P

Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:32 am

Kenjiro wrote:If you don't have a scroll mouse, then it's obviously time to upgrade your pc :P (or at the very least your mouse)

Tell that to my technophobic dad :P

Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:04 pm

OK, I finish work at 11:30am (BST - UK time) tomorrow (unless they convince me to stay til 4:30pm, which I will say yes, I need money :P), so hopefully I'll be back for about 12-12:30 and then I'm going to sort out some things for PPT.

And yes, one of them includes links opening in a new tab/window. :)

And if I don't, feel free to kick me until I do it haha

BNOEDIT: Added

Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:17 pm

Bno wrote:OK, I finish work at 11:30am (BST - UK time) tomorrow (unless they convince me to stay til 4:30pm, which I will say yes, I need money :P), so hopefully I'll be back for about 12-12:30 and then I'm going to sort out some things for PPT.

And yes, one of them includes links opening in a new tab/window. :)

And if I don't, feel free to kick me until I do it haha

BNOEDIT: Added

/me kicks Bno to make links open in new windows. especially for the dailies on the front page. i like to open the link in a new window, do the daily, then close the window. with all the dailies these days, its a pain to have to remember to either right-click, then scroll down to open in new window. i didnt see anything in the IE options that saysanything about always opening in new windows, but then again, i may be missing something. o_O

Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:36 am

If you mean the links on the PPT home page, I don't believe Steven has access to that. You'd have to ask Kym.

On the forum itself, I'm not sure what you're on about, as it's already been rectified.

Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:54 pm

Alex wrote:If you mean the links on the PPT home page, I don't believe Steven has access to that. You'd have to ask Kym.

On the forum itself, I'm not sure what you're on about, as it's already been rectified.

ah, my mistake :oops: , i thought we were talking about the home page for some reason. i guess i'll have to ask kym then. :oops:
Topic locked