Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:16 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Lols - PPT April Fools!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:36 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

For you guys who want to know the real joke (I just spoke to Jas because I felt it was unfair you guys didn't know what was going on)...

The joke is, in all honesty, Jas's previous post saying it hadn't been taken down. I'm not sure why she felt that it would be amusing to toy with the users and raise their hopes, but I think the admins become evil after a certain amount of time here ;)

Honest to god. It's almost the 4th here (give it 30 minutes or so) - Kym would've taken it down by now if it was a joke.

To those people who are 'personally outraged', or whatever it was (I can't remember exactly) - just remember, Kym and the admins do this for free, and they kind of don't owe you anything :/ I mean yes, we're all loyal members, but at the end of the day, Kym owns the site and can take it in whichever direction he chooses. I personally don't agree with the anime selection as I have no idea what it's about - but hey, it's his site, his prerogative.

I just hope that people don't get cranky and leave the forum because of this. I know there's a lot of people who are members here and who only post on the non-neopets boards - this is probably what I'll do, and post in the remainder of the boards that are not Naruto based (particularly now, as I don't have the time to learn about it). I encourage you all to do the same - it's a wonderful community of people here and it would be a shame to see you leave :(

Gone, forever.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:50 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

o_O

o_O o_O o_O

:o

Still dunno whether to take it seriously... can we at least swap the boards around so I don't have to scroll past the anime trash each time :P

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:35 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Location: Faster than a speeding IM! Stronger than an ox on steroids! Pinker than a bottle of Pepto-Bismol!
No!!! Naruto!!! All the time!!!

Hold onto your seats people... the SL is back.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:41 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Phlameseeker wrote:
Still dunno whether to take it seriously... can we at least swap the boards around so I don't have to scroll past the anime trash each time :P

I don't think the admins will go for that. You guys don't know how much arguing it took just to get the neopets boards back in the first place so that there was at least a place to discuss Neopets in the meantime.

I tell you, I seriously should've become a lawyer. It required a whole lot of persuasion...

Gone, forever.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:06 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Alex wrote:
I don't think the admins will go for that. You guys don't know how much arguing it took just to get the neopets boards back in the first place so that there was at least a place to discuss Neopets in the meantime.

That's very distressing to hear. Considering that there actually ARE a lot of people around who still post there, to get rid of it completely could have been suicide for PPT. Sure, more people would come eventually, but PPT would just never be the same.

In fact, it never will.
I still say we just make it an all-around anime site.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:47 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

If the Narotu (or whatever) thing was real, I wouldn't leave, as long as Neopets remained the focus of the site.

I hate anime

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:21 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Ok, I think I've come to a firm conclusion after eating dinner.

I really don't have any problem with the change over to Naruto. Even though it isn't my favorite anime, I still enjoy watching it and reading the manga, coming up with theories and ideas for what might happen in the future, and discussing said ideas, as well as what could be done to improve it. However, it seems as if Kym has just gone all fanboy-mode and won't take five minutes to be mature and discuss the change with the community instead of just spamming "NARUTO > YOU!1!!" all over the place, leaving Jasujo and Alex to do all the talking (it didn't help that he chose April Fool's Day to unveil the change either). I will not mind the change if I can have constructive discussion about Naruto (and other anime as well), but if PPT turns into a fanboy magnet, I will enjoy it a lot less.

And if you know what's best for you Kym, you would get those graphics changed to more aesthetically pleasing ones ASAP. There are plenty of Naruto communities out there already, and if you really want this to kick off, having an appealing interface is VERY important.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:29 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

i am gonna stab myself in the eye if i have this dumb rank image for the rest of the month

why couldnt you .hack the forum up instead? lol

NDB Count: 835/1000

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:18 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Favorite Cheese: Brie de Meaux, Red Leicester and Wensleydale.
.hack would be worse than Naruto due to fact that not everyone worldwide knows about it (despite the fact that some .hack games have been released in Europe) or has seen it except maybe on DVD or over the net. Naruto however is on at 8pm (starts at 9pm on Jetix+1) for 1 hour and half on Jetix in the UK and I am sure that the Naruto is shown worldwide though I personally have never watched Naruto.

DragonBall Z would have been much more known choice than Naruto as I am sure more people worldwide have watched DragonBall Z in the past (than Naruto today) thus would have a lot of knowledge of DragonBall Z. (Pokemon would also been a good choice as the only people who wouldn't know about it are the people who haven't watched the anime or played any of the games.)

As for Arrow, well from what I have heard, the rumormill has it that Arrow went off training into the wilderness in the hope that he/she can one day eventually defeat Kakashi and gain his/her rightful place as the header of PPT again that Arrow feels belongs to Arrow. This means it could be days, months or even years before we see Arrow again.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:35 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Los Osos, CA, USA, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
Combusken BG wrote:
.hack would be worse than Naruto due to fact that not everyone worldwide knows about it (despite the fact that some .hack games have been released in Europe)

It would have been far superior choice than Naruto since .hack// does not make people physically ill when they watch it. The best solution if you accidently watch Naruto is to induce vomiting, but that is one of the side effects of the show so it is its own cure.

In all seriousness, a far more obscure or older show would have made a better prank since no one would have known anything about it.... except maybe Christopher or myself if the show chosen was anime.

Give us our Tron and Blade Runner forums!

Set by Cukupan
Ohayo Nippon every Sunday at LW
I *heart* R
I'm on a boat like a boss

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:24 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Combusken BG wrote:
.hack would be worse than Naruto due to fact that not everyone worldwide knows about it (despite the fact that some .hack games have been released in Europe) or has seen it except maybe on DVD or over the net. Naruto however is on at 8pm (starts at 9pm on Jetix+1) for 1 hour and half on Jetix in the UK and I am sure that the Naruto is shown worldwide though I personally have never watched Naruto.

DragonBall Z would have been much more known choice than Naruto as I am sure more people worldwide have watched DragonBall Z in the past (than Naruto today) thus would have a lot of knowledge of DragonBall Z. (Pokemon would also been a good choice as the only people who wouldn't know about it are the people who haven't watched the anime or played any of the games.)

As for Arrow, well from what I have heard, the rumormill has it that Arrow went off training into the wilderness in the hope that he/she can one day eventually defeat Kakashi and gain his/her rightful place as the header of PPT again that Arrow feels belongs to Arrow. This means it could be days, months or even years before we see Arrow again.

naruto sucks, .hack is WAYYYYYYYY BETTER

naruto is eh *throws up*.. its sorta a good show.. but not great.. and i hate people who walk around with the head bands *shivers* grrr

NDB Count: 835/1000

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:21 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

It has to be a joke. There's nothing about Naruto on the main site. Thank God.

"A lot of people run a race to see who is fastest. I run to see who has the most guts." - Steve Prefontaine

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:40 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

POWAH TO THA PEOPLE!!!

:D

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:28 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Arrow's in his top banner. All's right with the world.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:31 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Los Osos, CA, USA, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
munduses wrote:
Arrow's in his top banner. All's right with the world.

Yay! I can stop ad-blocking the banner again!

Set by Cukupan
Ohayo Nippon every Sunday at LW
I *heart* R
I'm on a boat like a boss

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next