Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:05 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
 Post subject: ASP and CCC
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:39 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I've heard a lot about these two groups and I think I was actually part of one once, but I don't remember what it was! Could anyone tell me?

(Steal the rhythm while you can.)

Post subject: Re: ASP and CCC
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:15 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: New Zealand Weapon: HaaH Sword Species: Human Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
*Ties you up and drags you away to a facility deep within the mountains*

(Yes, I dragged you the whole way there myself).

That's CCC :P

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:09 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Whoa. Ok, I get it now, me guesses.

(Steal the rhythm while you can.)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:01 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

If I remember right, I think you were in CCC.
I miss it. A lot. :(

I miss Q.O.E.T.Y.O.G. too, but I'm too old for it now. :(

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:12 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Location: Faster than a speeding IM! Stronger than an ox on steroids! Pinker than a bottle of Pepto-Bismol!
If we told you we'd have to kill you.

Hold onto your seats people... the SL is back.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:46 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Christopher + Cheese + Cyanna.

kudos sasha+gregory // PPT's Unofficial President

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:23 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: New Zealand Weapon: HaaH Sword Species: Human Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Paul wrote:
Christopher + Cheese + Cyanna.

Error - does not compute.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:50 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Favorite Cheese: Brie de Meaux, Red Leicester and Wensleydale.
This post will go from talking about the CCC to name changeing because they are related to each other. (long post)

About the CCC wrote:
The CCC stood for Cheese, Christopher, and Crescenty (they were the leaders of the group) and they were a group that welcomed new members by scaring them. (Newbie scaring was the CCC's hazeing on new members)

The CCC was founded on February 27th, 2003 when Crescenty now known as Ecliptic joined PPT.

Eventually, around May 2003 or June 2003, the number of members in the CCC increased dramatically. People were joining, getting newbie packs, and telling others about the CCC. This continued for a couple of months and came to be known as The Golden Age of the CCC. The Golden Age reached its highest point in Late July/Early August, during the Spirit Era of the Golden Age. What happened was that a member known as Spirit (Now known as .:Ivan:.) started his own newbie scaring group. He had gotten cool rank buttons for it from Yoshi. However, it didn't get off to a very good start, so Cheese offered him a seat of power in the CCC, and the buttons could be used for it. Those buttons are the original Training, Novice, Scarer, and Leader buttons. A little while after that, Cheese requested some more buttons from Yoshi- the Honorary, Legend, and Scare Staff buttons. Before the Spirit Era, the CCC really had no organized ranks. It was just Leaders, Foreign Dept. Leader (Now the Scare Staff Leader is the Foreign Dept. Leader), and member. With the new ranks, Cheese made Spirit the Foreign Dept. Leader and the Scare Staff Leader. Spirit eventually resigned from his post since the amount of new CCCers was overwhelming. The Golden Age came to a close when Newbie Scaring got banned.

In Early September, the CCC got banned from Newbie Scaring. That kind of "ended" the CCC. Chris was Internet-Impaired, and Cheese had left PPT in a rage because of the ban. Some people hated the CCC, and some others didn't even know what it was. It was pretty much forgotten until Cheese returned...

In December 2003, Cheese returned to PPT and he was shocked to see that a lot of people didn't know about the CCC. He discovered that there were still some loyal CCCers after he chatted with Jahbal in the ChatBox one day. He gave Jahbal the position that Spirit once had. And when Chris returned, the CCC started to come back. Thanks to the CCC's friends at ASP, Cheese got inspired to "restart" the CCC and for it to become similar to ASP. The CCC decided to be completely random people who posted random things, not to scare but to confuse (E.g. Identity Crisis week where the CCCers and ASPers would pair up and switch names, sets, and other stuff and it put Yoshi in the situation where almost kicked people out of the guys group in the confusion of it.). There you have it :D

It was early February 2004, and the Anniversary would be coming up at the end of the month. Cheese started hanging out more in the ASP thread, and Cheese called the ASP our "Partners in Crime". All the CCCers were getting ready for the Anniversary. Meanwhile, in Banjo City (a reference to Infernobanjo who was another former PPTer) , where CCC Headquarters is located, Cheese signed the Pact of Partnership, also known as the Pact of Parsley, with Lady Night, one of the ASP leaders. It declared that on February 27th, the Anniversary, CCC and ASP would "merge", while still remain separate. It would create a parent company called CCC/ASP Enterprises. It had 6 leaders, the 3 leaders from each group. However, in the Mega-Departments of it (CCC and ASP), the 3 leaders from the other group would have almost no extra power in that group unless that group's leaders gave it to them.

Finally the, CCC/ASP Enterprises had a goal to take over the Non-Usergroup Group world. They were intended to own all the groups as trying to get members in all groups but when the Big Reset came the CCC and ASP became groups in NNV (now known as Coconut Isle).

Source: http://www.freewebz.com/ppt_ccc/about.html

Surprisingly The CCC never did decide to get its own forum like Runanites did. (Runanites were people who worshiped goddess Rune)

The CCC and ASP are most to blame for the reason why the users can't change their names at Christmas and Halloween unlike how the PPT staff can. (These days though in order to change your name you have to PM a Super Moderator or Administrator to change it and there are good reasons for that.)

Other reasons why the name change hack was got rid off was because:

Yoshi and ahoteinrun from the Name Changing Hack topic wrote:
It was an abuse of the ability.

Some people, legitimately wanted to change their name, and then the CCC and ASP would go and do multi name changes, or people would switch names without telling anyone else... and it's incredibly hard to deal with.

Others would also change names to "avoid" getting in trouble (note, this DOES NOT WORK).

Unfortunately, the bad far outways the good of allowing name changes on PPT.

The big deal, is that we shouldn't be forced to scroll through pages upon pages of confusing posts just to figure out who someone is. If there's someone who honestly has no interest in the CCC or ASP (not that that they hate it, just, they don't have an interest in it, so please don't take offence to that), it's rather tedious to have to search through posts and work things out.

But what's worse? When people switched identities. It caused problems and if it happens and say some user gets a strike under a name? And nobody tells the mods, nor does the user say "Well I've switched" what then?
Someone innocent gets a strike.
And how fair is that?

Yours turly was in the CCC and I did take part in the newbie scaring back during days as the Cyber_Shadow_Usul however, I never took part in their name changing events because I honestly thought that the CCC were going overboard with all their name changing confusement.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:18 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

It didn't start off as newbie 'scaring' or hazeing'. But rather when you see someone say (as they still do) '*gives [insert food item here]*', I would say something like 'it's poisoned', or 'it'll explode', and from there the thread would usually be thoroughly derailed into multiple pages of nonsense, such as how you have to brave the deadly gaunlet to enter the doors of PPT (jump through the swinging axes, cross the pit of fire, fight with american gladiator barbells on a greasy pole, etc). It was a vague attempt to say something other than a copy and paste 'Welcome to PPT' to the scores of new members.

After a while images of things accompanying them would show up, like 'Welcome to PPT, here are your free cupcakes' *picture of cupcakes*. This of course, led to someone such as myself saying, 'Welcome to PPT, here is your free clobbering stick/battleaxe/guilitene, you'll need it.' At some point this became formalised into a series of images that was posted by Cheese, while Crescenty and myself were generally text based nonsense-mongers. It didn't actually turn into anything bad until during the time I lost my internet access for 7 months. I came back to PPT to find that something really bad had happened and never really found out what exactly.

The Big Reset of course, was a conspiracy to stop our dastardly plotting btw.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:49 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

*reads through thread*
This sounds insane.
You're all insane.
But wait - people (like me etc.) do things like " 'Gives out[insert item] because whatever [person] gave you will explode" or my fabourite, "Gives out cookie shield to protect you from insanity."

Does that mean the CCC have been secretly infuencing us all? D:

I don't exist. omo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:33 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Helena wrote:
*reads through thread*
This sounds insane.
You're all insane.
But wait - people (like me etc.) do things like " 'Gives out[insert item] because whatever [person] gave you will explode" or my fabourite, "Gives out cookie shield to protect you from insanity."

Does that mean the CCC have been secretly infuencing us all? D:

Yep.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:22 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I remember all that. It was awesomeness. My life had a purpose when I took part in CCC events. Okay, maybe it didn't, but still...I've always wondered where Cheese went. He disappeared without a trace a little bit after the forum asplode.

No, I never officially left; yes, I am gone forever. I have also permanently left AIM. If you need to contact me, drop a line on LJ. Same username.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:59 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Oh yah. I remember the Newbie Scaring too.
My pictures weren't as scary, though. :(

AND ALL THE CCC NAME CHANGES ZOMG. I think I had like six or seven.
Of course, back then, I got a little too addicted to name changes. Now I have too many graphics with this username on them to change. XD

I'm kinda curious where Cheese is too.
Last I heard from him, he was trying out for Jeopardy. :o I don't even think he's on these forums.

EDIT - Oh, and while I'm at it.
Y'know what else I miss?

Mafia. A lot.
Mafia = the coolest thing ever.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:40 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Oh man, I miss Cheese! (aka snakebite.) I miss the CCC; it was the first thing I felt "part of" online, ever. As a subset of my first forum ever, it's special to me.

I remember the newbie scaring, the name changes, the special set weeks and days and such...

This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 305 character limit.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]