Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:12 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: A little more on what's going on.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:43 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Greetings all.

...Yes I'm still alive. :roll: Stop gawking.

As you all know, there has been a bit of a slowdown here on PPT topped off with an exodus with a large portion of the staff resigning and/or leaving the forum. I'm writing this to address some of the current issues facing the boards. My previous post on the matter was very vague due to my needing to write a post on the spur of the moment. But some time has passed, we've been able to get some sleep and things have calmed down a little. The overall opinion was that something had to be said regarding what was going on. So I took it upon myself since I had opened my mouth once already. So I'm going to touch a little on the exodus, where have the admins been, and some steps being taken to recover.

Each individual has their own reason for leaving their position on the forum. For some it's a matter of real life calling. Others have seen their friends move on and with that, lose a piece of what made the community special to them. For some it's professional or even personal issues. It happens. We're a bunch of volunteer co-workers here. While we all get along fairly well, not everyone is everyone else's bestest best friend in the whole wide world. Sometimes things happen. Sometimes a quick resolution can be reached and life returns to normal. Sometimes it doesn't happen that way. Most of the relics here know that all too well. I will quote to our own Shapu when he said:

shapu wrote:
And, for those who are relative newcomers (relative to ME, anyway), there have been membership turnovers in the past. I can think back to a lot of great forum contributors who are no longer here and who, it seems, all left around the same time: V3n0m, Pidge/Red Mage, Magenta, Jim, Bob...the list goes on.

So for those who, like me, are sticking around for whatever reason (I don't know any better, so there you go ;) ), don't panic. This ain't the Titanic.

But no matter the reason, we do sincerely wish all those who are leaving the best of luck and good health wherever their internet life and their real life may take them.

As for why I am telling you all this and not an admin? Bad luck I'm afraid...actually it's not so bad now. But it was.

If I had posted this yesterday, I would have told you that according to what we have heard from Jasujo, her computer is busted. Since then she has been sighted for a few minutes here and there on her boyfriend's computer but it would appear that at the moment she is not able to spend a large amount of time on the internet. But it seems that her computer issues are ending so...so much for THAT.

Hunter Lupe is currently away on an extended vacation. We were alerted to this before his departure.

Yukio is healing from a significant arm injury sustained on a short vacation on his own and should not be anywhere near a computer if he knows what's good for him. The extent of his injury and is for him to tell and we have yet to hear how much time he will need to recover. But he's going to be fine. :)

We have not seen Rune in a while. The event of her returning before the others is unlikely.

Werepup and I are coming out of the woodwork to help make up for lost ground. Jas has also announced the temporary return of several retired mods to ease the transition between the exodus and the next round of new mods. And no...I don't know when they will be announced or who they are either.

Regarding the timeout, Werepup was able to tighten a few loose screws. Hopefully the site has been running better for everyone.

Thanks for your time, everyone. I'll be seeing you around the boards.

- Cyanna

Post subject: Re: A little more on what's going on.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:25 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Cyanna wrote:

What if I post under my INVISIBILITY CLOAK!!

*moves objects around the room*

Wooooo...wooooo...how is this happening?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:23 pm 

TDG wrote:
Cyanna wrote:

What if I post under my INVISIBILITY CLOAK!!

*moves objects around the room*

Wooooo...wooooo...how is this happening?

I think perhaps announcing you were under the cloak ruins the surWHAT THE HECK IS MAKING EVERYTHING MOVE AROUND?!?!?!?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:29 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I always pop in daily on here, but don't post much. I mostly just lurk and read up about what you fellas and ladies are saying about me. Not much, it seems, so I have no reason to really say much.

I know a lot of you don't really know me, but it'd be no big deal if I was to leave as some of our more valued members have, but I'm sure I would be missed... I hope. :oops:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:11 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Location: Faster than a speeding IM! Stronger than an ox on steroids! Pinker than a bottle of Pepto-Bismol!
Who are you again?

:lol: Just playing. Of course you'd be missed. Love the members... that's my motto.

Hold onto your seats people... the SL is back.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]