This board is for anything to do with the Pink Poogle Toy Forum. If you have a question or want to suggest any ideas, then this is the place to do it.
Topic locked

Re: Grammatical error

Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:04 pm

Twizzler0171 wrote:
Rachel wrote:
Moongewl wrote:And I believe the meaning Rachel's alluding to is synonymous with cycle anyway...so why wouldn't we use it? There's no particular reason NOT to use it.

As far as i can tell you have at least four meaning for the word "period"

Period - eg "period of time"
Period - eg "i just got my period"
Period - eg "put a period at the end of your sentance" - aka full stop
Period - eg "eeew, i have maths next period" - aka class/lesson

i just think its silly to have so many meanings for one word.

There's also at the end of the sentence, when you want to get your point across. eg -- Ice cream is the coolest. Period.

But usually, people only say 'Period.' at the end of sentences when they call the punctuation mark '.' a period.
I.e I'd say, ' Ice cream is the coolest. Full stop.'

Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:12 pm

XD

The typo would be a mistake on phpBB's part, not PPT's. ^^

Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:55 pm

We call them periods in Canada. I've never heard it called a "full stop".

Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:28 am

kcharles wrote:We call them periods in Canada. I've never heard it called a "full stop".

"Full stop" sounds like something you'd do while driving or playing music.

Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:24 am

We've used that phrase in music class before. :lol:

Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:09 pm

What if the world decided to end this argument by adopting a telegraphic style so that everyone wrote "stop" instead of a thingie? That would be a disaster.

this is an example stop my dad is listening to a football game stop the washing machine is making sounds stop i am posting stop go is what a green light means stop a red light means stop stop

It would be in all caps too. >_<

Maybe I should start calling it a full stop...then it wouldn't be synonymous with something that tends to put any happiness I might be experiencing to a full stop.

Or I could just use other punctuation! There are so many solutions! We can just ignore it altogether! Who's with me? Who thinks I'm crazy? I do!
Topic locked