Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:56 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: Customization Board
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:49 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Just a suggestion...there seems to be A LOT of discussion regarding Neopets Customization in the General Chat...perhaps there is a need for a separate board for it...I mean...There are boards for other major portions of Neopets (aka games, battledome, plots), perhaps we should have some sort of a Customization Board too...just a suggestion.

Post subject: Re: Customization Board
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:51 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Good idea. *votes for Customisation board*

I don't exist. omo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:00 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Great idea! I also vote for it.

*scribbles cheese Customization Board on ballot then drops it in box*

Set by Byakuya'<3

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:14 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Los Osos, CA, USA, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
I just can't see what threads would be covered here. Would it be discussion on every new clothing that is released? Would it be 'Oh look at my cute pet!'? Would it be wishlists of items for TNT to release? I'm sorry if this is short-sighted on my part (which is most definitely is), but I don't really have a good idea of the variety of threads that would be covered. You can probably sway me with some examples.

Set by Cukupan
Ohayo Nippon every Sunday at LW
I *heart* R
I'm on a boat like a boss

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:30 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Skynetmain wrote:
I just can't see what threads would be covered here. Would it be discussion on every new clothing that is released? Would it be 'Oh look at my cute pet!'? Would it be wishlists of items for TNT to release? I'm sorry if this is short-sighted on my part (which is most definitely is), but I don't really have a good idea of the variety of threads that would be covered. You can probably sway me with some examples.

*deep breath*
1. It would move a lot of the topics from Neopets General Chat into a new area, so it's not as crowded with customisation topics.
2. It's obviously becoming a big part of Neopets, so if there are battledome, games, and plot boards, why not customisation?
3. It could include wishlists, customisation polls, help topics, discussion on items, and probably some more too :)

*cannot think of anything else*

I don't exist. omo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:36 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

People could also discuss their rants and raves about certain aspects of customization, new things released and the such.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:50 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

pinkflamingonewsgirl wrote:
People could also discuss their rants and raves about certain aspects of customization, new things released and the such.

Yeah.. and that sort of things. I think it's a very good idea.

I don't exist. omo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:35 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Watching little birds fly kamikaze missions into the walls.
I personally think everything is fine where it is.

Quote:
It would move a lot of the topics from Neopets General Chat into a new area, so it's not as crowded with customisation topics.

Really not that many topics would be moved, and the customization topics aren't discussed nearly as much as when the system first came out. It has died down quite a bit since then.

Quote:
It could include wishlists, customisation polls, help topics, discussion on items, and probably some more too

Polls about anything Neopets-related go into the poll board, help topics again go to the Neopets-related help board. If there was a customization board, those polls and help topics would be moved by the mods to the appropriate poll and help boards.

Quote:

New things are released with the news, which is posted almost daily. There's the place to discuss the newly released clothing.

Also, there are quite a few threads ranting and raving about things. It just doesn't seem like there's enough to justify creating another board. I dare someone to take the time to count how many topics there are regarding customization. I bet it's not as many as people think.

Again, just my two cents :)

It was an honor serving you PPT. I will miss you.
Click here to join my new werewolf forum!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:50 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: I don't know, but there'd better be chocolate. [art by Fiddelysquat]
It seems like creating a customization-related board would be problematic. Do we discuss wearable AC items in a separate topic on a different board from all the other AC discussion just because they're wearable? Do we make a separate thread for new wearables instead of commenting on them in the "today's news" topics?
Also, if we created a board just for customization, it might actually stifle a lot of discussion about wearables. In the natural course of a thread, if the discussion turns toward a new background or hat, it would be considered to move rather off-topic and a new thread would have to be started in the Customization board just to pick up the topic. That doesn't sound like a lot of work, but moving a topic of discussion to a new board just because it's drifted off-topic seems to kill the discussion. The more you splinter Neopets discussion, the more energy is lost in the transfer.

"Oh, better far to live and die/Under the brave black flag I fly/Than play a sanctimonious part/With a pirate head and a pirate heart."

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:06 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

After scrolling through the first page of General Chat I only see one topic dedicated towards customizing your neopet. Could you provide some proof that the board is becoming cluttered, such as links to several topics? I dont play neopets so its possible that I am missing threads based soley on their topic name. If GC truely is becoming over run with these topics I see no reason to not create a new board because I have seen how quickly GC can become congested and disorganized. I don't really feel that its being over-taken by customization threads at the moment though.

~~ Set by YesItIsh <3

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:05 am 
PPT God
PPT God

>.< *stumped* So much for that piece of idealism. I see your point(s), though.

I don't exist. omo

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]