Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:21 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Questions/problems after the update
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:43 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Hi, all. :) There are quite a few changes since we upgraded to phpbb3 (the reason for the downtime ;) ). We are working on updating the FAQ. Until that gets posted, I ask you to post any update-related questions here. I will update this front post with answers found so far. I'd also advise you to not click a button if you don't know what it does unless it was already answered here. On that note, feel free to ask yourself if you do not know. ;) Also, if you run into any kind of problems (something not working, something out of place, something weird, etc.), post them here as well. We could only test so much with the staff before going live, so there are bound to be things that come up that you find which we couldn't. ;) Thank you very much for your cooperation! :)

Answers so far:

On new font sizes:
The new number in size tags is a percentage of the default font size - 100 is 100%, 92 is 92% and so on.
The change was made to prevent you from specifying an absolute font size (which is what the phpbb2 size tags take), which would not be scaled by the browsers' Text Size setting. The browsers' Text Size setting allows people with poor vision to magnify all text on webpages - essentially, the new size tags enable browsers to scale text size rather than always displaying the same absolute size.

On finding moved boards:
If you were the author of a moved thread, you should be PM'd if it is moved. If you are not, but you are interested in a thread, you should bookmark it. The bookmark will still be active even after the thread is moved (if it is). You could also post in the topic and look it up in your post history, whichever is easier for you. If you choose to post, your post must be relevant to the thread, though. Also, you can use the search feature to find the topic if you remember something close to the title, if not the exact title.

Look through this EYNTKATPF thread for more answers.

Image Image
<3 Divas rock! Click to join. <3

Post subject: Re: Questions/problems after the update
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:53 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Um, is it just me, or does the forum look extremely generic (as in, what every forum looks like before anyone does any special modifications)? I'm a bit scared...are you ever going to make it look like PPT again? :(

No, I never officially left; yes, I am gone forever. I have also permanently left AIM. If you need to contact me, drop a line on LJ. Same username.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:15 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Tymaporer wrote:
Um, is it just me, or does the forum look extremely generic (as in, what every forum looks like before anyone does any special modifications)? I'm a bit scared...are you ever going to make it look like PPT again? :(

That's because it pretty much is generic. :) This isn't the final release of phpbb3 and instead of adding all sort of mods that will have to be re-added, we are waiting until the final release to pretty everything up and use the more useful features in the meanwhile. :)

Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:20 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Tymaporer wrote:

Of course not, that's a silly idea! Looking like PPT is so last season - we thought we'd go for this cool new generic-forum-with-no-modifications look.

(I do not believe we look that significantly different; what exactly is it that makes you so scared?)

Will you stop with the honour stuff?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:49 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Is Phpbb3 still a mess of code and a giant pain to use on the admin sdie--or have they actually cleaned it up a bit?

Looks a good deal nicer than the old forums if you ask me. Almost as nice as SMF. ~:>

Lady Night made me do it :P
Click for Werewolf!
Click for more Werewolf(as well as Role Playing)!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:37 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I noticed that when I am making a reply that there is a "submit" and a "save" button. "Submit" enters the post. What does "save" do?

Is there a forum where we can try out features of the site without posting in the discussion forums?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:15 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: I don't know, but there'd better be chocolate. [art by Fiddelysquat]
Will new color schemes be available any time soon, or do you have to wait for the final release?
I miss my subBlack a whole lot.

"Oh, better far to live and die/Under the brave black flag I fly/Than play a sanctimonious part/With a pirate head and a pirate heart."

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:29 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: In the white forest, hiding in a hollow tree (come find me)
It's probably gonna wait till the final release is out. If we were it add them now, we would have to constantly modify them in order to comply with the future RC releases... and plus it saves Hunter from going bonkers on us :)

.. In between the cover of another perfect wonder where it’s so white as snow //
Running through the field where all my tracks will be concealed and there's nowhere to go...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:40 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Moongewl wrote:
Will new color schemes be available any time soon, or do you have to wait for the final release?
I miss my subBlack a whole lot.

I know! I miss subBlack.

Oh well, I'll wait.

(I'm a bit annoyed that two weeks didn't produce any new smilies, and that Arrow isn't entered in by :arrow: anymore... oh well.)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:00 pm 

Oh well. At least we still have ~:>

EDIT: OK, where it says the Moderators for the forum, it shows everyone's name twice.

Quote:
Moderators: sir zorg, Nessa, .neko., sir zorg, Nessa, .neko.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:14 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Arka wrote:
I noticed that when I am making a reply that there is a "submit" and a "save" button. "Submit" enters the post. What does "save" do?

Is there a forum where we can try out features of the site without posting in the discussion forums?

I've just created one. :) Have fun experimenting here: viewforum.php?f=68

siouxper wrote:

EDIT: OK, where it says the Moderators for the forum, it shows everyone's name twice.

Quote:

lol I did that. It's our new cloning experiment! Now the boards will be modded twice as much! w00t!

(Actually, I was trying to figure something out and probably pressed something I shouldn't have and waalaa! The new ACP is a bit difficult to pick up :P)

Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:17 pm 

siouxper wrote:

Quote:

lol I did that. It's our new cloning experiment! Now the boards will be modded twice as much! w00t!

(Actually, I was trying to figure something out and probably pressed something I shouldn't have and waalaa! The new ACP is a bit difficult to pick up :P)[/quote]

Yay! Twice as modded! Anyway, on my forum it took me forever to learn phpBB 3, so I understand. You guys have fun experimenting :P

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:26 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Los Osos, CA, USA, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
I have been noticing an auto-refresh if I am on a page for more than a couple minutes. I like that feature (if it isn't me) since I know I tend to refresh at about the same rate.(I am pretty sure that it is not my browser since I have yet to figure that out).

I'm just curious at what rate that is set at if you are willing to share.

PS: Is there a way I can do strikeout again? I don't mind hiding Gogo in a spoiler for now, but strikeout would be better.

Thank you for help on either!

Set by Cukupan
Ohayo Nippon every Sunday at LW
I *heart* R
I'm on a boat like a boss

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:50 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I have a bit of a problem. Not too big, but big enough.

Whilst looking at my delightful PM folder, I found out I could finally delete a message that'd been sitting in my outbox for a long time. Yay! However, upon doing so, I'm told that I have 0 new messages, -1 unread messages. It's a bit odd.

Click the wonderful signature. You know you want to.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:54 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Pixa wrote:
I have a bit of a problem. Not too big, but big enough.

Whilst looking at my delightful PM folder, I found out I could finally delete a message that'd been sitting in my outbox for a long time. Yay! However, upon doing so, I'm told that I have 0 new messages, -1 unread messages. It's a bit odd.

I'm not sure, but I believe any unread messages you had before the update will stay counted that way. It's a known bug with this release and will probably be fixed in the future.

Image Image

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next