Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:01 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: Re: Members: What do you feel about how things are run?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:10 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Jasujo wrote:
Actually, there is a neat new feature with phpbb3 where we can make Global Announcements. GA are placed at the top of each board across the forum (above the regular announcements and all that). If a new forum announcement is posted, at least for a while of maybe a week or two, maybe it can be posted as a GA. In this way, everyone will be sure to see it and won't have to worry about missing it. :)

Cool beans! That's exactly what I was thinking of. Gotta love the new features!

my first original set!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:30 pm 

thelilbear wrote:
Jasujo wrote:
Actually, there is a neat new feature with phpbb3 where we can make Global Announcements. GA are placed at the top of each board across the forum (above the regular announcements and all that). If a new forum announcement is posted, at least for a while of maybe a week or two, maybe it can be posted as a GA. In this way, everyone will be sure to see it and won't have to worry about missing it. :)

Cool beans! That's exactly what I was thinking of. Gotta love the new features!

Yep. That would be a good idea! No one will miss it!

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:10 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

thelilbear wrote:
I think the real issue is is that discussion is allowed in the announcements board, so when I see there is new posts and I go to look, it might just be someone adding their thoughts to a announcements that's a few weeks or days old..... But when almost every time I check the announcement board, it's just the continuation of an ongoing discussion, I'm not going to be checking it every time there's a new post. Hence, I might miss things like the down-time post, where there was just two days notice.

Yes, what s/he said! But my bad for assuming it wasn't there at all. Having Global announcements will be very nice.

While I'm still here... any word on the possibility of the autosubscribe-when-posting feature? Is anyone other than me even interested in it?

Thanks to all those who voted for ethuiladdie!
Cingular users: Try Neopets on your cellphone! CLICK HERE
I <3 Jack ~*~ I <3 Jack ~*~ I <3 Jack ~*~ I <3 Jack

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:20 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: I don't know, but there'd better be chocolate. [art by Fiddelysquat]
miz sparrow wrote:
While I'm still here... any word on the possibility of the autosubscribe-when-posting feature? Is anyone other than me even interested in it?

Mine's been turned on for years. I'll go figure out how you do that in this version, because it's still sending me email notifications.
EDIT: It's under "post defaults" in the UCP. Select yes for the "Notify me upon replies by default."

"Oh, better far to live and die/Under the brave black flag I fly/Than play a sanctimonious part/With a pirate head and a pirate heart."

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:43 pm 

My biggest complaint with the old style was that when using the search feature, the searches were defaulted to return as threads rather than as posts. That seems to have been fixed.

It'd be nice if they'd bring back fiddelysquat, too.

I think really the only other thing I can suggest is a rotating tagline along the top, where it now begins "This is a Neopets Forum." Perhaps a rotating tagline system could be set up that keeps that first sentence and then finishes with something else?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:03 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

shapu wrote:

LUCY, I'M HOOOOME!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:45 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Fiddelysquat wrote:
shapu wrote:

LUCY, I'M HOOOOME!

Quick, put tarps down on the carpets before she gets mad!

Evisceration is a sign of respect.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:16 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Moongewl wrote:
Mine's been turned on for years. I'll go figure out how you do that in this version, because it's still sending me email notifications.
EDIT: It's under "post defaults" in the UCP. Select yes for the "Notify me upon replies by default."

Thank you for taking the time to look that up for me. I did not see that option when looking there previously.

However, what I was hoping for was an on-site option, rather than an email notification. If an Admin is interested in checking out this feature, the easiest place I can point you is to http://www.lotro.com/forums (the forums for the MMORPG Lord of the Rings Online) which uses the feature I'm mentioning. You tell it to auto-subscribe you to every thread you post in, but then it gives you the option to send you an email for every reply you get, one digest email every day, one digest email every [week??], and no emails.

Then, by default, when you click on User Control Panel (link says User CP on that site), you see your subscribed threads that have responses within the last 24 hours (or since your last viewing of the page, whichever was newer). If there are none with responses, or if the responses are more than 24 hours old, you can click the "my subscribed threads" link to view the list of all your subscribed threads, and ones with posts that you haven't viewed will show as bold.

That is to say, if I haven't been on the site in a week, then log in on Saturday noon, I will see a list of posts where people responded within the previous 24 hours. If someone had posted on Wednesday, I wouldn't see that in my list until I click "my subscribed threads", and in that full list, the threads with posts that I haven't read from Mon, Tues, Weds, etc would be bold. Once I click and view them, they unbold so I know there hasn't been any activity since I last looked at that thread.
Then when I log in again on Saturday at dinner time, my user CP will only show a list of threads with posts since I last logged on (noon).

Make sense? I think it's a nice function.

But like I said, does anyone care but me?

Thanks to all those who voted for ethuiladdie!
Cingular users: Try Neopets on your cellphone! CLICK HERE
I <3 Jack ~*~ I <3 Jack ~*~ I <3 Jack ~*~ I <3 Jack

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:09 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I didn't see a thread for posting things we like about the new layout, and I am too shy to start one, so I'll post here.

A few minutes ago I wrote a post and clicked submit, and a note appeared that said that at least one new post had been made in the time that I'd taken to type my post, it showed me the post and gave me the option of changing my message before posting. What a great feature! and one I haven't seen elsewhere.

Thank you, PPT!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8