Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:58 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Informing the member when moving thread
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 3:02 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

PPT is one of my favorite sites, and you do a lot for people who love Neopets. Thank you.

Something that came to my attention was that when threads are moved, the member may not be informed about the move- which leaves the member puzzled about why and where.

Something that is standard procedure at the sites I help moderate is to inform the member by way of PM when their thread is moved or deleted.

There is also the option when moving a thread to leave a marker or ghost so that the member or anyone else following the thread knows where to look for it.

I don't know if PPT has the thread ghost option, but speaking as a member, being informed about where a thread ends up would be very helpful.

Thanks again for the fun site and the hard-working moderating team!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 3:07 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

When it is a new member in question, a PM is often sent explaining things such as the rules, where things should go and linking to relevant threads if needed. However, when it is an older member, it becomes too strenuous to constantly be PMing people, so it usually becomes a case of posting on the thread and moving it.

Most people seem to find there threads alright, but if you can't find where your thread has disappeared to, all you have to do is go to your profile by clicking your name on any post you have made or on the list of active members, then click "Find all posts by ..."

And we don't tend to delete threads, merely lock them. If we do remove them, its for a serious reason (or its a spambot etc). In that case, we will always PM the person explaining why and often disciplining them

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 3:22 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Some moderators PM and some don't. Personally, I most often do. Its not a standard policy to do so though. However if one of your threads ever dissapears and you can't find it, or figure out why, you are welcome to PM a moderator of the board it was on to ask about it.

Also, aside from searching for your posts via your profile there is another way to locate missing threads.

If you go to the forum index, you will notice a list of four links on the top right hand side. They are:
View posts since last visit
View your posts
Show own topics
View unanswered posts
I am sure that you will find these are invaluable in locating both threads and posts if they are recent.

~~ Set by YesItIsh <3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 3:41 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

D'oh!!!!!

Thank you! I see the list now! I couldn't find my most recent posts so couldn't find my profile and click recent posts on it. But I figured I could use my username in the list of users online next time, as was suggested above. The link to recent posts makes it even easier. Thank you!

I don't understand why my post was moved, since it did not ask for help but for information about a feature at neopets, and I see another post asking for help has not been moved from the Plot forum. But I respect and abide by moderator decisions, so I am not complaining.

Once again, I thank you all for all the help both in how to find a moved thread and in general throughout the whole site. A well-moderated site is a pleasure.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]