Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:05 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 5:46 pm 

Cheese wrote:
Exactly. The CCC needs it so we can do our events, which we've got a long list of, and without name changing, it's impossible.

I'm not sure exactly what kind of events you have in mind, mainly because I have no idea what CCC really is, but why not just put your CCC-ness (or whatever you need to change about your name) in your signature? Sure, not as conspicuous, but it would help solve confusion that any name changing may bring.

If your events require name changing so much signature changing won't help, perhaps not many non-CCC members would appreciate them or like to be a part of them? Like I said before, I'm not sure what this CCC does, so sorry if I'm totally off-base here, but if you're interested in letting non-CCC members participate in your events, maybe you should rethink them so they're not a problem or annoying for others.

Just a suggestion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 6:09 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

ahoteinrun wrote:
Quote:
Exactly. The CCC needs it so we can do our events, which we've got a long list of, and without name changing, it's impossible.

It's for this reason that I think it shouldn't be allowed.
It was an abuse of the ability.
Some people, legitimately wanted to change their name, and then the CCC and ASP would go and do multi name changes, or people would switch names without telling anyone else... and it's incredibly hard to deal with.
Others would also change names to "avoid" getting in trouble (note, this DOES NOT WORK).
Unfortunately, for people like me the bad far outways the good of allowing name changes.

I don't see the big deal in allowing name changing, if your that confused in what's going on then read some post on the CCC board and you should know what's going on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 6:26 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Personally, I hope that name-changing doesn't go back. I understand occasionally, people get tired of their names, and want to change them for legitimate reasons (I did that once).

But in my opinion, and no offense meant, the name changes associated with CCC/ASP were getting to be rather obnoxious, and I wouldn't be sorry to see them gone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 6:30 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I don't believe the name changes will be back. If they do ever come back, it'll only be around the holidays so we can change our name to go with the holiday (like Christmas).

Yes, I'm still alive...still alive...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 6:32 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Quote:
I don't see the big deal in allowing name changing, if your that confused in what's going on then read some post on the CCC board and you should know what's going on.

The big deal, is that we shouldn't be forced to scroll through pages upon pages of confusing posts just to figure out who someone is. If someone like me, per say who honestly has no interest in the CCC or ASP (not that I hate it, just, I don't have an interest in it, so please don't take offence to that), it's rather tedious to have to search through posts and work things out.
I'm horrific with names, and I do have a memory problem. But whats worse? When people switch identities. It's caused problems, as Yoshi has mentioned and if it happens and say some user gets a strike under a name? And nobody tells the mods, nor does the user say "Well i've switched" what then?
Someone innocent gets a strike.
And how fair is that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 1:53 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I would like the name changing back,but not for CCC/ASP reasons. Just because I simply like to change my name a little with my sets/holidays. (I would change it to Fireworks Medli if I could,for the 4th,for example.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:22 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

*oohhh my head* When i attempted to do my PPT stats... (still lingering down there) it hurt to try to figure out who changed what sn to what and where they were on the list... @.@

Not only that... it was confusing in the general forum as well. Lets leave it alone. Maybe open it up on holidays. That sounds fine. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 7:26 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

ahoteinrun wrote:
Quote:

The big deal, is that we shouldn't be forced to scroll through pages upon pages of confusing posts just to figure out who someone is. If someone like me, per say who honestly has no interest in the CCC or ASP (not that I hate it, just, I don't have an interest in it, so please don't take offence to that), it's rather tedious to have to search through posts and work things out.
I'm horrific with names, and I do have a memory problem. But whats worse? When people switch identities. It's caused problems, as Yoshi has mentioned and if it happens and say some user gets a strike under a name? And nobody tells the mods, nor does the user say "Well i've switched" what then?
Someone innocent gets a strike.
And how fair is that?

Sorry about your memory problem and all ahoteinrun, but maybe us at the CCC board can just make a list or something of who is who during the evnt then that should make more forgiving, I still want it back though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 11:25 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Quote:
Sorry about your memory problem and all ahoteinrun, but maybe us at the CCC board can just make a list or something of who is who during the evnt then that should make more forgiving, I still want it back though.

I thought the whole point of those days was to confuse people?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 11:40 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

xerai wrote:
It's not a hack.

It's a checkbox in the administration panel to allow members to change their name or not.

I think it's a stupid idea to be allowed. If you really want to change your name, you can just PM a Super Moderator or Administrator to change it.

Yeah. but what about us CCCers who need it for IC Week? Besides, I can never stay with one username. And a admin would get pretty tired of me asking every day to have my name changed. It's one of the few joys that makes us happy, no?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 12:04 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

ahoteinrun wrote:
Quote:

I thought the whole point of those days was to confuse people?

Yes, but we could PM a mod the whole list of the switch.

We'd still confuse all the civilians. ;)

Long live Ken Jennings!
June 2, 2004 - November 30, 2004

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 12:34 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

DM was on fire! wrote:
Yeah. but what about us CCCers who need it for IC Week? Besides, I can never stay with one username.

You need to be able to change your name? I think not. You can just alter your sig if all of you want to go with a particular theme. It'll still confuse some people, but if the whole point of it is confusing people then it demerits your argument.

And again, I highly doubt they'll be back.

Yes, I'm still alive...still alive...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 12:49 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I don't care if the name-changing option is back. Personally, I've always just wanted to be _jade_em_ forever here.

Except for pranks. No more pranks for me >_<

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 1:08 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Some people ((*cough* *cough*)) would like to change their names because some of us ((*cough* *cough*)) thought their accounts had been deleted when the new forums came and created new accounts with the same name except a random number ((*cough*2*cough*)). These certain people ((*hacking cough*)) would be extremely happy if the name changing thing were back so they could correct the *random* ((*cough*2*cough)) number issue.

the greatest love story never told.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 1:31 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Dawn2 wrote:
Some people ((*cough* *cough*)) would like to change their names because some of us ((*cough* *cough*)) thought their accounts had been deleted when the new forums came and created new accounts with the same name except a random number ((*cough*2*cough*)). These certain people ((*hacking cough*)) would be extremely happy if the name changing thing were back so they could correct the *random* ((*cough*2*cough)) number issue.

If it's one change back to their original name, they can contact an admin or super mod for that.

...If it's for constant changes, I suggest just sticking to one.

Image Image

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next