Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 4:16 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 6:38 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

tymaporer wrote:
Eo wrote:
Unfortunately all my Roleplays were wiped out by people not caring BEFORE PPT switched servers- so hey, I'm not complaining about losing RPs because of the switch! Hmm... mebbe I could get Furcadia to donate smiles? Furcadia has good smilies. :D

I want the old smileys baaaaack! :cry:

I'm gonna go against what everyone else says and say, I don't. Those smilies were wonderful, but there were also at every other forum/blog I visited. The YIM smilies are actually quite nice and you don't see them everywhere else. ...except YIM.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 6:42 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Nessa wrote:
tymaporer wrote:
Eo wrote:
Unfortunately all my Roleplays were wiped out by people not caring BEFORE PPT switched servers- so hey, I'm not complaining about losing RPs because of the switch! Hmm... mebbe I could get Furcadia to donate smiles? Furcadia has good smilies. :D

I'm gonna go against what everyone else says and say, I don't. Those smilies were wonderful, but there were also at every other forum/blog I visited. The YIM smilies are actually quite nice and you don't see them everywhere else. ...except YIM.

These are the used-to-be smileys from IDNQ. They're not new. I want the old smileys back and if I were Jim/SL/Hunter/Rune, I'd force the old database to come back. I don't care about my post count. I just want the old forums back. *pounds on keys*

No, I never officially left; yes, I am gone forever. I have also permanently left AIM. If you need to contact me, drop a line on LJ. Same username.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 6:51 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

tymaporer wrote:
Nessa wrote:
tymaporer wrote:
Eo wrote:

These are the used-to-be smileys from IDNQ. They're not new. I want the old smileys back and if I were Jim/SL/Hunter/Rune, I'd force the old database to come back. I don't care about my post count. I just want the old forums back. *pounds on keys*

These are also the smilies (albeit, the versions before the revamp) that were here before the 'popular' smilies. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 8:53 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Tyma, you're one of my good friends here, and this will be the first and last time I say this and do not take it personal, but get over it. Smilies are pixels. People and internet friends are real. And they are here. I don't know about you, but I'd much rather have all of my PPT friends than some dumb smilies or usergroups.

the greatest love story never told.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:23 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I don't think thats fair. I think user groups are an important part of PPT, and I really hope some are added soon!

ImageImage
Thanks Rachel!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 11:27 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

twinklyspangle wrote:
I don't think thats fair. I think user groups are an important part of PPT, and I really hope some are added soon!

It's not fair for me to have a different opinion from yours? *raises eyebrow*

Well, I've been here for about nine months, and I've met lots of people who I've become great friends with. And I'd rather have forums at all and those friends than usergroups. Just me. Not that I don't want usergroups- but I've found that there are more important things.

the greatest love story never told.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 12:21 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

It's not a huge deal to me.
I miss some of the smilies, the main reason is because they were a lot less creepy than these Yahoo ones, though we did have Yahoo smilies when I first joined, I missed this one: Image as to me, it looked like Fidds.
But smilies are just pixels, they can easily be changed, or gotten used to. I recall that when we first switched from the original Yahoo smilies, to the others (Invision, or whatever they were) I missed the Yahoo ones, so whatever.
Usergroups can be recreated. The only difference are the ones that required a certain number of posts to get in.
True the member list is much shorter, but what have we lost? Unactive accounts.
Our stars are gone, but again, I like these new bubbles (however, the orange Moderator ones look like they've been badly recoloured).
The ranks are different, but I like these, they're cleverer.
There's loads of hacks and such that are missing, but they can be readded. I'm speaking of the Buddy one, the Neopets Username one, the PM notification system, Personal Quote, Skins, text effects, etc.
Sometimes it's refreshing to have a new start. Having 3,000 posts was nice and all, but I didn't feel that it made me better than someone with 800 posts, nor did I feel that someone with 5,000 posts was better than me.
But if post counts do matter for something, a clean slate gives you the chance to get closer to the top, without having to get past people that had a huge headstart. **smiles at Dawn**
Everyone that really cares about PPT is here, so what's the problem?
It's the people that make PPT, not the hacks. Would you rather have an empty forum with all the things your used to, and none of the people, or this?

Love is blindness. -- Set by my Secret Santa =D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 11:38 am 
PPT God
PPT God

*gives an applaus to saphire faerie*

actually you're totally right, the post counts are actually unnessecairy DELETE THEM XD...

the smilies can actually change the way how you think of someone.

Now you look more silly when you use :D then using an MSN wide-smile...

as for the post counts, there must be groups where more experienced PPT members can chat with each other (with this i mean Gods), because (sorry for saying it) there are some people that just come here straight from NeoPets and ask on every board the same question (not now, this was more in the previous forums) and they remained member with only 6 posts... in that meaning posts are important...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 3:36 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Sapphire Faerie wrote:
There's loads of hacks and such that are missing, but they can be readded. I'm speaking of the Buddy one, the Neopets Username one, the PM notification system, Personal Quote, Skins, text effects, etc.

Everyone that really cares about PPT is here, so what's the problem?
It's the people that make PPT, not the hacks. Would you rather have an empty forum with all the things your used to, and none of the people, or this?

I agree with you completely, Sapphire...guys, hope isn't lost. If we don't get the old PPT back, then we can always make this one like it. It's not like we've lost stuff that we can't get back (well I suppose that the topics are lost, but it's not like we can't make new ones, is it?).

On the contrary, if we were to ever move back, we'd lose the stuff that we had here, so...

*sighs*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 3:59 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Actyally, I vernever subscribe to ppt before...
so i don't really know what was the other things yuo are talking about
But honestly, it seems really great...

New Set By: Moi!
Wishie: Pirate Paint Brush : 137,790 NP/ 1.2 Millions

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 4:26 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

*Claps* I agree Sapph. We didn't join PPT in the first place because we wanted to become the top posters, right? We didn't join it because it had cool hacks or anything like that. I do miss the old forums, but it is nice to start over new.

"I'm not superstitious, but I'm a little stitious."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 5:11 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Lol, sorry Dawn, I didn't mean that it's not fair you opinion is different, just that I...actualy I don't know what I meant really, so, sorry anyway!

I didn't say I didn't like these forums, I don't actually care that much, they seem the same to me, maybe I don't notice many details, I know a few things are missing.

Anyway, I wasn't complaining, just wondering lol

ImageImage
Thanks Rachel!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 8:21 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Well said, Saph! Although you probably killed your hands typing that, you made a good point.

I think all of the hacks at PPT have a purpose and are quite nice, and it's good to have them, but it isn't as important as everyone here (but they arent ^^;).

Image Thanksies Dawn, sorry I didn't see it before. ^___^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 12:53 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Kristina wrote:
Well said, Saph! Although you probably killed your hands typing that, you made a good point.

Bah, that's nothing. I type much more than that all the time. I seem to be famous (or perhaps infamous) for extremely long and completely pointless LJ posts.

Love is blindness. -- Set by my Secret Santa =D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 1:01 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I hope we're not stuck here forever. Because I just can't think of this as PPT. This is like a fake PPT to me. Because it just doesn't feel like PPT.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next