Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 6:48 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 
 Post subject: Faerie crossword answers
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 7:23 am 

Why does PinkPT have to cheat and post the answers for everyone? Do they really think it is fair to the other players that work hard and play the games fairly? Someone should do something about the person that is posting the answers and report him to neopets because it is really fair when someone cheats like that.

I also saw another place where PinkPT has posted ways to cheat other games such Dice-A-Roo. Why does PinkPT support cheating neopets like this? Everyone should play the game fairly. What do you really gain by cheating other children from winning some jackpots of their own?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 7:25 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Umm....Faerie Crossword doesn't have a jackpot or trophy or anyting. Anybody who completes it gets neopoints, so it's not really cheating children out of neopoints.

Image - Set by Sapphire Faerie

Post subject: Re: Faerie crossword answers
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 7:28 am 
PPT God
PPT God

osmium wrote:
Why does PinkPT have to cheat and post the answers for everyone? Do they really think it is fair to the other players that work hard and play the games fairly? Someone should do something about the person that is posting the answers and report him to neopets because it is really fair when someone cheats like that.

I also saw another place where PinkPT has posted ways to cheat other games such Dice-A-Roo. Why does PinkPT support cheating neopets like this? Everyone should play the game fairly. What do you really gain by cheating other children from winning some jackpots of their own?

Can you support this accusation with examples? I wasn't aware that PPT taught "cheats" to any games. They let their users in on secrets (such as "type in such and such word to gain an extra life"), and game guides, but I've never known them to cheat, or post cheats. In fact, the site owner, Yukio, is against any form of cheating, and has based this site around that.

Knives wrote:
I swear Johnny, we could stalk each other without even trying.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 7:36 am 

Johnnydontgo wrote:
osmium wrote:

Can you support this accusation with examples? I wasn't aware that PPT taught "cheats" to any games. They let their users in on secrets (such as "type in such and such word to gain an extra life"), and game guides, but I've never known them to cheat, or post cheats. In fact, the site owner, Yukio, is against any form of cheating, and has based this site around that.

Hmmm, Yukio is the one that is posting the answers. Yes, it is cheating, because when people don't have to spend the time to figure out the answers and get more neopoints that changes the whole economy by bringing more neopoints into the system. Yes, it is cheating the system.

You don't believe me that they have posted cheats? Take a look here!
http://www.pinkpt.com/index.php?page=dicearoo_sec

and here:
http://www.pinkpt.com/index.php?page=fcaves_sec

and here:
http://www.pinkpt.com/index.php?page=scratchcard_sec

etc., etc., etc.

let's learn how to play this game fairly people!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 7:46 am 
PPT God
PPT God

That's why Neopet fan sites are here, to give hints and tips to Neopets games. If you don't like it, you don't have to be here. ;)

Image - Set by Sapphire Faerie

Last edited by Ken on Fri Jul 02, 2004 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 7:49 am 
PPT God
PPT God

osmium wrote:
Johnnydontgo wrote:
osmium wrote:

Hmmm, Yukio is the one that is posting the answers. Yes, it is cheating, because when people don't have to spend the time to figure out the answers and get more neopoints that changes the whole economy by bringing more neopoints into the system. Yes, it is cheating the system.

You don't believe me that they have posted cheats? Take a look here!
http://www.pinkpt.com/index.php?page=dicearoo_sec

and here:
http://www.pinkpt.com/index.php?page=fcaves_sec

and here:
http://www.pinkpt.com/index.php?page=scratchcard_sec

etc., etc., etc.

let's learn how to play this game fairly people!

Ok, for the first link: How is playing the game faster cheating? You pay the same amount of NP to play, you earn the same prizes you would if you were to do it slowly, you gain no advantage over any other user.

Second link: Point conceded, and I'll tell you what. You should express your concerns to Yukio, as I agree if there's a "possible freezing", it shouldn't be on the site

Third link:
Quote:
Buying more than 1 scratch card
Submitted by Ashley Aamold
Sometimes when you are buying a scratch card, if you click it twice you will get two! But you pay the amount of two.
Need I say more?

Knives wrote:
I swear Johnny, we could stalk each other without even trying.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 7:53 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Location: Faster than a speeding IM! Stronger than an ox on steroids! Pinker than a bottle of Pepto-Bismol!
To osmium, I have looked at the pages you specified. Where is the cheating in them? It's not cheating. It's a viable method to playing games. It appears to me you're basing your allegations on fallicious claims which are neither supported by evidence that they lead to freezings.

Cheating is interperated on Neopets as using programs or abusing a glitch. Something which I strongly disagree with nor advocate. You should be careful about who you throw your claims of cheating at.

In addition, posting faerie crossword answers is not cheating. It is posting solutions to a game. Your claim that it is is utterly rediculous. If it was, then you can say goodbye to all the solutions and walkthroughs that are published in your country and all other countries not only in books but also on the internet for hundreds and thousands of games... that is, if you're willing to attempt to bring millions of companies based on publishing solutions for games to court where you would undoubtedly be laughed out of.

P.S, I will revise the Faerie Cave secret after contacting someone at Neopets to verify if this method can be used now.

Hold onto your seats people... the SL is back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 5:09 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I really don't think people getting a mere 600 NPs in 2 minutes instead of 10 will have a dramatic effect on the economy. Some games can be played for the same profit, if not more, in the same amount of time.

Gone, forever.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 8:18 pm 

Johnnydontgo wrote:

Ok, for the first link: How is playing the game faster cheating? You pay the same amount of NP to play, you earn the same prizes you would if you were to do it slowly, you gain no advantage over any other user.

Using that logic, then how is using a program to play the games faster, cheating? You pay the same amount of NP to play, you earn the same prizes you would if you were to do it slowly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 8:26 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Quote:
Using that logic, then how is using a program to play the games faster, cheating? You pay the same amount of NP to play, you earn the same prizes you would if you were to do it slowly.

Never once has PPT promoted using a program to "help" earn NP. And there is a difference, you're doing it manually one way, and the other you are lazy and not doing it yourself.
Using YOUR logic, I could say that if I was playing a game of cards, and someone outside of the game looked at your rivals cards and then told you what they had, that that would be ok. Which it's most obviously not.
PPT doesn't offer cheats, it offers tips, and walkthroughs.
Earning the same ammount of neopoitns for simply playing a faster version of a game is just a easter egg as I do believe the industry calls it. A bit of fun for the programers. It doesn't give you an up in the game, or a special ability; it's just for fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 8:43 pm 

ahoteinrun wrote:
Quote:

Never once has PPT promoted using a program to "help" earn NP. And there is a difference, you're doing it manually one way, and the other you are lazy and not doing it yourself.
Using YOUR logic, I could say that if I was playing a game of cards, and someone outside of the game looked at your rivals cards and then told you what they had, that that would be ok. Which it's most obviously not.
PPT doesn't offer cheats, it offers tips, and walkthroughs.
Earning the same ammount of neopoitns for simply playing a faster version of a game is just a easter egg as I do believe the industry calls it. A bit of fun for the programers. It doesn't give you an up in the game, or a special ability; it's just for fun.

Exactly!!!
By being lazy and copying the answers from someone else you ARE cheating. I say that is wrong! But you say that is okay.

It is actually worse to use someone else's answers because you didn't do it yourself. It is the same as looking at your opponent's cards.

You say it is okay to take advantage of a glitch and hold down the enter button to play a game faster. How is that any different from having a program that holds down the enter button for you and does exactly the same thing? They are BOTH cheating!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 8:49 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Quote:
Exactly!!!
By being lazy and copying the answers from someone else you ARE cheating. I say that is wrong! But you say that is okay.

It is actually worse to use someone else's answers because you didn't do it yourself. It is the same as looking at your opponent's cards.

You say it is okay to take advantage of a glitch and hold down the enter button to play a game faster. How is that any different from having a program that holds down the enter button for you and does exactly the same thing? They are BOTH cheating!

You're twisting my words, and putting words into my mouth, neither of which i'm pleased with.

I'm not saying it's ok to take advantage of a glitch, it could have been put there on purpose for all we know. None of us here coded the game, now did we? And downloading a program is exploiting the glitch. I myself have never done this, I myself have never even bothered to worry about game play in such a matter. I'm a casual neopets player for the most part. (Admittedly, with reguards to the gallery I am not)
In this case, I don't think it's black or white. Right or wrong.
Downloading or creating a program is worse in my opinion then simply glancing at some answers (oh, and by the way, I don't do that either) or exploiting a glitch. Because at least if you're holding down a key, you're holding down a key.
But if you've created a program, it's like two people doing one thing. You're using an unfair advantage to do something over other players. You don't even have to be there if you use such a program. You could get up, walk away, see a movie, come back, and BOOM, whatever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 8:58 pm 

ahoteinrun wrote:
Because at least if you're holding down a key, you're holding down a key.
But if you've created a program, it's like two people doing one thing. You're using an unfair advantage to do something over other players. You don't even have to be there if you use such a program. You could get up, walk away, see a movie, come back, and BOOM, whatever.

You can also use a book or a piece of tape to hold down the key, walk away, see a movie, come back, and BOOM, whatever. There is no difference. Both ways are cheating and it's wrong for people to do it.

Maybe YOU don't look at the answers, but PPT is giving them out, and that is cheating, the same as if you used a program to tell you the answers, no different.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Quote:
You can also use a book or a piece of tape to hold down the key, walk away, see a movie, come back, and BOOM, whatever. There is no difference. Both ways are cheating and it's wrong for people to do it.

Maybe YOU don't look at the answers, but PPT is giving them out, and that is cheating, the same as if you used a program to tell you the answers, no different.

And i'm fairly sure theres a lot of neo guilds that give them out, a lot of people willing to give them out for something in return on the boards, and a few other fan sites that give them out as well.
I'm not endorsing the cheating, mainly because I don't cheat and make it a point of mine to not cheat, but people sent in these "tips" to have them posted, and posted they were. I do believe that a few of them have been debunked as not working.
Also, I think you should acknowledge that Yukio, the owner of the site, and the person who IS posting the answers answered your post and yet you give him none. (Oh, Shoryu Lover, is Yukio)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 12:21 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Location: Faster than a speeding IM! Stronger than an ox on steroids! Pinker than a bottle of Pepto-Bismol!
osmium wrote:
Johnnydontgo wrote:

Osmium, that is utterly rediculous. Using a program to play games faster is CHEATING because neopets says it is. You're trying to make an anology between running a race on foot and running a race using a car and attempting to pass them off as the same thing.

Are you completely trying to ignore my posting? I have more than addressed your claims that 'posting solutions to a game is cheating'. Furthermore, a lot of those secrets are added by Neopets itself. Now you're just being totally silly. If you want a final decision on whether posting solutions to a game is cheating, you more than welcome to email Neopets yourself - oh btw, have you looked on all those guilds on neopets that also post solutions to games? Neopets doesn't freeze them.

Just for you, I've emailed neopets myself to ask them, and they've replied with no, it isn't cheating. End of story.

Hold onto your seats people... the SL is back.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]