This board is for anything to do with the Pink Poogle Toy Forum. If you have a question or want to suggest any ideas, then this is the place to do it.
Topic locked

Mozilla Font Problems

Mon Aug 30, 2004 11:12 pm

Hey, I jsut recently got Mozilla Firefox, grossly unhappy with IE's performance. I have toyed with loads of now features and I adore it.

However, there is one problem when viewing PPT, the author's details at the side of each post are, well, a little too large, bigger than the normal font. You know, the bit that displays the post count, and location and that.

Is this a permanent problem that I can't solve and will have to tolerate, or do I just need to fiddle with my browsers settings to get it right?

Thanks for your time,
Matt :)

Mon Aug 30, 2004 11:22 pm

I think someone's mentioned it before and the answer was just to deal with it...but I don't know. >< No way to shrink font size in Mozilla?

Mon Aug 30, 2004 11:27 pm

Yoshi wrote:I think someone's mentioned it before and the answer was just to deal with it...but I don't know. >< No way to shrink font size in Mozilla?

I tried it, yet, alas, it shrinks all font sizes, and I'd rather have an oversized details than having all posts in this size font and having to squint to make the posts, I was just wondering if there was an option of some sort, but it's not the end of the world if I get 14pt detail sizes.

Mon Aug 30, 2004 11:49 pm

Thats really weird since the font size for the info. is smaller than the default in-post text.

Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:25 am

I'm having the exact same problem in Mozilla, it looks like another case of coding meant for ie not rendering properly outside.

Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:06 am

I've been having the same problem in Netscape 7.1 since the database was destroyed. I just live with it, though it looks quite ugly.

Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:29 am

I had the exact same problem when I switched. It drove me batty. The bad new is, I never found a solution. The good new is, I've gotten used to it and don't even notice it any more.

Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:39 am

What screen size do you currently have?

If it's possible, decrease the screen size and then decrease the font size. Not sure if it'll work but try it.

Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:23 am

One "me too" is enough, if you're not contributing anything else.
----
Anyhow, that's what you get with a pre-1.0 version of a browser, and a rendering engine that can't take a broken tag. Uncle Bill wants you to use Internet Explorer.

(it went away now)
---

I'm not locking this, but if you reply with something like "yay! it works now! thanks" it is spam.

Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:51 pm

Yoshi wrote:I think someone's mentioned it before and the answer was just to deal with it...but I don't know. >< No way to shrink font size in Mozilla?

Nope. I had that back before PPT went through it's thing. Now everything's good.
Topic locked