This board is for anything to do with the Pink Poogle Toy Forum. If you have a question or want to suggest any ideas, then this is the place to do it.
Topic locked

Word Games & Contests subforums?

Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:40 pm

I would like to ask if the Word Games & Contests (which is now No Nutritional Value) could please have subforums (one for games and one for contests and giveaways) again. That board is such a mess. If anyone holds a contest or giveaway there, they get bumped down by all the word games. The two really don't have anything to do with one another. It was so much neater in the old forums after the subforums were put into place.

Also, there is no mention of giveaways in the No Nutritional Value board description. Can someone please toss something about them in? Only games and contests are mentioned.

It's hard enough to give away as it is. ;)

(I liked Word Games & Contests as a better name, but that's just my opinion. I think, unless you are an older member or have been here for a bit, No Nutritional Value doesn't really say what it is. Not everyone reads descriptions. ;) )

Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:44 pm

Actually, I agree with you. The old WG&C was kinda cluttered, and it would be nice if there was a subforum for set contests and a subforum for games. I liked having that on the old forums, if that could somehow be added I think it would help to un-clutter the 'No nutrional value' board. :)

Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:47 pm

It's been discussed about subforums, however there have been problems in the past with the current hack I'm afraid. So unfortunaly until there are stable subforum hacks for the current build of phpbb, it's going to be staying this way (perhaps until 2.2 is released when it is a built in feature.)

Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:52 pm

I agree with Jasujo a lot on this one.
But if the sub forums aren't working... that's unfortunate :/

Perhaps maybe (although there are a lot as it is ;)) we could split up the boards? Because those contests can fall pretty quickly thanks to those word-games o.o

Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:04 pm

ScottNak wrote:I agree with Jasujo a lot on this one.
But if the sub forums aren't working... that's unfortunate :/

Perhaps maybe (although there are a lot as it is ;)) we could split up the boards? Because those contests can fall pretty quickly thanks to those word-games o.o

I think (since so many new boards have been added anyway), that if Word Games and Contests & Giveaways could be two seperate boards, that would be excellent.

They don't have anything to do with one another. Maybe when there wasn't so much of each it wasn't so much of a problem, but there are a lot more gamers and a lot more people holding contests and giveaways. Seperate boards would be really clear it up.

Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:07 pm

I agree...
I was actually hoping to see this once the forums came back.

And it would be usefull for people like me, since I don't do word games, only contests and such.

Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:17 pm

I agree with you, Jas. It's too bad about the subforums, but another board WOULD be nice. Word games and Contests really are two seperate things.

A lot of contests (and giveaways!) are hardly ever seen because of the word games that constantly bump them down.

Mon Aug 30, 2004 11:43 pm

Sorry guys, but for the moment things will stay as they are. I will add "Giveaways" to the board description, but thats as far as I'll go right now.

Word Games and Contests may be two different things. This does not mean they deserve their own boards. Sorry.
Topic locked