This board is for anything to do with the Pink Poogle Toy Forum. If you have a question or want to suggest any ideas, then this is the place to do it.
Topic locked

Typo on board index page

Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:02 am

I know it's a minor thing and maybe not worth pointing out at all, but it's been driving me crazy for months and I just can't hold back any longer! :(

The description of the Announcements board wrote:Check here for the latest annoucements for anything to do with the PPT Forum.

Re: Typo on board index page

Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:34 pm

Tyma, that's web slang. Get with it. :P

Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:34 am

Yeah Tyma. That's how we spell announcements around here. Get with the times sheesh!! ;)

Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:55 am

And also, to point it out, on the PPT Clubs Discussion, it should be y'all, not ya'll. See, the apostrophe replaces missing letters. If you type y'all, it could be you all. If you type ya'll, it couldn't.

Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:52 pm

I have always thought it was a shortened form of "ya all" (I know that is already a short form, but still.)

Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:38 am

Hm I always thought it was ya'll too.

In any case, all fixed. Thanks for the alert guys. :D

Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:44 pm

Well, since "ya" is a diminutive of you, and "you'll" and "I'll" are contractions of "you will" and "I will," then it would follow that "ya'll" is a diminutive form of "you'll." In other words, "ya'll" = "you will." Therefore, it makes sense that the proper way to express "you all" in a contraction is "y'all." Sorta like how "you see" contracted is "y'see."

/end linguistic theory
/end dorkiness
Topic locked