This board is for anything to do with the Pink Poogle Toy Forum. If you have a question or want to suggest any ideas, then this is the place to do it.
Topic locked

When a topic is deleted due to age...

Sun Jun 27, 2004 10:24 am

Is it still taking your posts with it? Every so often my post count mysteriously drops, even when there are no admins or mods online...

To make sure I'm not just crazy I checked the memberlist and its happening to others...

Sun Jun 27, 2004 10:25 am

No, I believe that it's not. Your postcount will not go down because of that.

Sun Jun 27, 2004 10:27 am

If a thread is deleted by Mods (rare, as it's usually just locked), your post count will go down.
However, if it's just pruned, as is what normally happens, your post count will stay as normal :)

Sun Jun 27, 2004 10:27 am

Elle wrote:No, I believe that it's not. Your postcount will not go down because of that.

Thats just the first explaination I could think of. We must have pixies.

Sun Jun 27, 2004 11:30 am

You've posted in Word Games and Contests, thats probably why.

http://www.pinkpt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1030

Sun Jun 27, 2004 11:56 am

Nessa wrote:You've posted in Word Games and Contests, thats probably why.

http://www.pinkpt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1030

Its not that, the hack was reinstalled a week and a bit ago.

Sun Jun 27, 2004 1:49 pm

It shouldn't be happening, but it could be a bug in the new forum. I'm sure now that you've brought it to our attention will be on the look out for it :). I saw other comments about post count problems so you might be right, something could be going wrong.

Sun Jun 27, 2004 1:56 pm

We're not still on about post counts, are we?!

EDIT: This is Tharkun here, not Eo. :oops:

Sun Jun 27, 2004 2:23 pm

Your post count does not suddenly drop. Some posts of yours were deleted by a moderator somewhere if your post count decreases (I know I split and removed 15+ posts from the ranks topic just about 5 hours ago).

If you don't see a moderator in the who is online list, it doesn't mean that none are online. Hidden users, remember?

Sun Jun 27, 2004 4:04 pm

There were also some recent small timewarps. They happen every so often, as I hear, so those take your posts and your post count with it.

Mon Jun 28, 2004 10:53 am

Well, I just checked the WG&C board and it's not the old glitch. (There was a glitch where although posting there didn't raise your post count, deleting whole topics could have the potential to make them drop. That wasn't actually proved; was more a suspicion.)

Whereby it is most likely that if posts are disappearing, then those posts were probably deleted by a moderator at some point (perhaps before you went online) because the moderator feels them to be spammish.

Mon Jun 28, 2004 12:44 pm

Time warps should have ended a loong time ago :)

Already stated but if your post count decreases, it is because a thread has been deleted.

Mon Jun 28, 2004 4:31 pm

The time warps appeared because of the forum switching databases (from a Critical Error on every other page to very few at all) and are long gone (as SL said :))

Mon Jun 28, 2004 7:36 pm

Meh, it doesn't really matter that much anyway. Thanks.

Tue Jun 29, 2004 6:40 pm

they don't go away? oh... i always thought it was like that, even in the old forums! :o
Topic locked