Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 3:12 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Key Quest [Split 1]
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:44 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Watching little birds fly kamikaze missions into the walls.
Key Quest is a new multi-player game on Neopets. Each player's goal is to make his or her way around the board collecting all of the keys and then be the first to unlock the the goal door. Along the way, players will gain power-ups, Neopoints, and the chance to play mini-games. Each player receives a key after finishing the game, which can be turned in for various prizes. For a list of known prizes, click here.

Currently, the game is in Open Beta which means anyone can play the game without having to purchase official Neopets merchandise. Currently, you can only play 5-key games (meaning you have to collect 5 different colored keys) and the only available gameboard is Neopia Central. The downside with Open Beta is that there are currently many bugs still with the game.

Power-Ups: These are the various power-ups you will see in the game and what they do.

Bottle of Quicksand - Makes any player you choose lose their turn for one round.
Catapult - Sends any player you choose back to their home (starting) spot.
Key Grabber - Steal any key you want from any player you choose.
Loaded Gummy Die - Choose what number your next die roll will be.
Misdirected Compass - Reverses direction for any player you choose, including yourself.
Rainbow Sticky Hand - Steal a power-up from any player you choose.
Transporter Helmet - Swap places with any player you choose.

Mini-Games: These are the various mini-games you will see in the game and how to play them. Players who win mini-games choose which key they would like to receive as their prize.

Nova Matcher - Match any two novas of the same color and background by clicking on them. The player with the most matches wins.
Petpet Snare - In this game, you will have to use your mouse to draw a "loop" around the various petpets. The petpet you need to draw your loop around will be indicated at the top of the game board. You can draw a loop around more than one petpet, but the petpets must be of the same species. If your loop touches a different petpet, your loop is invalid. Also, if one of your opponents makes a successful loop while you're in the middle of your loop, you must start your loop over. The person snaring the most petpets wins.
Spyder Scare - First, look in the bottom left corner to see what color your username is. The color of your username corresponds to the eye color of your Spyder. Your goal is to grab as many items from the bottom of the screen as possible. You can move your mouse side to side to make your Spyder move across the screen. Your Spyder's eyes will constantly scan the screen as well. When your Spyder's eyes are facing the direction of an item you would like to grab, click your mouse to make your Spyder drop and grab the item. The player with the most items wins.

Screenshots of the game can be found here.
Previous thread can be found here.

Current Problems: (updated August 6, 2008)

- Power-ups (with the exception of Loaded Gummy Die) are not working.
- Lag is still an issue.
- Players still leave in the middle of a game, causing you to lose out on winning a key for that game.

It was an honor serving you PPT. I will miss you.
Click here to join my new werewolf forum!

Post subject: Re: Key Quest [Split #1]
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:49 pm 

May wrote:

Power-Ups: These are the various power-ups you will see in the game and what they do.

Bottle of Quicksand - Makes any player you choose lose their turn for one round.
Catapult - Sends any player you choose back to their home (starting) spot.
Key Grabber - Steal any key you want from any player you choose.

Are these powerups really rare? Did TNT disable them in Open Beta (were they used in Premium-only Beta?)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:50 pm 

Not rare as far as I've seen, the show up same as any powerup.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:52 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I've actually seen two of those today, not that they're useable at all though. The catapult is one that I haven't seen in a few days, but it's definitely there.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:05 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I believe that you can only get those power-ups in 3-player or 4-player games. So, you won't see 'em at all if you're in a 2-player game.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:45 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Pickles wrote:
I believe that you can only get those power-ups in 3-player or 4-player games. So, you won't see 'em at all if you're in a 2-player game.

That's right Pickles. But they're rarer in 3 players I think.

And there's at least 6 minigames, they're just not in beta.

Set by the amazing Kitten Medli.
Wanna see some of my writing? Click here!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:47 pm 

Pickles wrote:

That's why :P I've only played 2-player games xD Thanks Pickles

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:49 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

kcharles wrote:
And there's at least 6 minigames, they're just not in beta.

I've only included the things that are currently being tested since we really don't know much about the other things. I know that there's at least one more power-up too, but I don't know of anyone that's received it, hence why I haven't included that as well :)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:03 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Heh, if it makes you feel any better, Siouxper, I couldn't figure it out for the life of me until after like 6 games in two player, I played a 3-player and started seeing the other power-ups again.

The one bummer about the power-ups not working is that a lot of the game is currently based on luck, and not much strategy. I felt really bad last night when I kept rolling 6's and getting Gummy Dice, when my opponent was rolling 2's and 1's and getting items currently not working. I almost felt guilty just clicking on the win door, but I did anyways cause I didn't want to prolong their frustration - and they hadn't quit on me either. We had only 2 minigames, too, so it wasn't like there was much of a chance for make-up on missing keys there.

I'll be posting results of what items people have gotten with what keys either later this week or early next week. So far, it seems that there's some items that are only won on gold and some only on silver, but that could be just luck of the draw at this point. I have *no* bronze or lead results at this time.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:26 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I just got home from work and decided to try Key Quest again... anyone else having trouble getting into the game? I can't get past the blue connecting screen. Bah. Now I have to actually do some *real* work since I can't play.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:18 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

while i was waiting for keyquest to load (as always cause i haven't gotten to the board yet!) i seen someone actually typing in the chat!!! Are we able to type now and not just use the preset talking? i know the person was actually typing because it said something like 'my mom told me i should come and play' not a preset thing

ImageImageImageImage
Click the eggs above to view all my dragons & help them grow by clicking them.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:46 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Some people have been able type their own messages in the chat box, but as far as I know, no one here has been able to figure out how those people are doing it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:46 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Well, it's down again (for everyone I'm guessing). Right when I was finally home from choir and ready to do some serious playing. Ah well.
Thanks for helping us beta test! Key Quest is currently offline for maintenance while the tech Myncis review the server logs from the last session and prepare a new version for testing. (They're specifically looking at the parts that say *ALERT! TOO MANY NEOPIANS!* and *CRASH!* It's all very technical.)

The game will return soon. In the meantime, here are some fun things you can do while you wait:

* Get a haircut
* Eat a sandwich (sandwich not provided)
* Invade Mystery Island
* Go outside
* Build a lawyerbot
* Plant a tree (tree not provided)
* Take a nap
* Obey the Meepits (Meepits provided BEHIND YOU! Just kidding.)

Neopets is not responsible for any injures incurred while attempting any of the above tasks.

- The Neopets Team

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:55 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I hope this means they're fixing the power-ups :)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:06 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I was able to type in the box at one point tho of course i got kicked out before i could post it lol. It seems random either it load or it doesnt. I believe it may have something to do with the word bubble looking thing on the left of th box.

ImageImageImageImage
Click the eggs above to view all my dragons & help them grow by clicking them.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next