Whether it be a puzzle or a war, this is the place to be for all your plot related needs.
Topic locked

Re: AC IX

Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:05 pm

I tested it tonight (first chance to play). Using the mouse to control the "active player", I can use the left shift key to send all non-active players back to their home position. Works great and helps with defense.

Wow, you are so right Blue! :hug: The instructions state it only works with the keyboard, and I swear that when I tried, it didn't work. But I just tried now, and it works. So much better.

Another whitewash for the Roos and we have to play KI again!! These brackets are ridiculous. :(

I just reached Rank 7. I have maxed out SoSd every day except on the 1st day, and getting in a decent amount of side games, and around 10 games of YYB.

Siniri, are you using the low quality link for MSN? I can't play it either unless I use the low quality version:

http://www.neopets.com/altador/colosseu ... uality=low

Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:46 pm

Daze, I use the low quality link for all the games. And I only have the games open, with very few other tabs (and no other Flash-heavy ones).

Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:21 pm

So Staff Tournament opens tomorrow. Anyone want to have strategy discussions about how that works? I haven't actually got the least idea how one strategizes for it, possibly because I have no idea how fantasy football (baseball, soccer...) works either.

Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:48 pm

Chivewarrior wrote:So Staff Tournament opens tomorrow. Anyone want to have strategy discussions about how that works? I haven't actually got the least idea how one strategizes for it, possibly because I have no idea how fantasy football (baseball, soccer...) works either.

Last year, I just picked players that historically played well. If a particular player tanks in a round, then I swap them for a different player that historically played almost as well. Of course, this strategy might not work this year.

Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:00 pm

Yeah, I think I summarized the data somewhere... probably on here somewhere *kicks dust off archives*

Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:52 pm

For the staff tournaments...
Here's the one you did last year here: Link

Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:24 pm

Pickles wrote:For the staff tournaments...
Here's the one you did last year here: Link
Thanks, P!

Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:30 am

I have attained Rank 1!

Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:35 am

Chivewarrior wrote:I have attained Rank 1!

Congrats!! 8)

I have played 4 6 games

Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:59 am

Woo... we got a draw in SS against KI. :)

Congrats CW!

Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:49 pm

I got to rank 5 last night. I should easily make rank 6 today, but rank 7 would really be a stretch. We'll see... YYB is the bonus game. I dislike it nearly as much as MSN, but if I don't care too much about my GPG, I can let it play while I'm SOSDing (and maybe SSing, too -- though sometimes that combo ends in disaster if I forget to check in on the slushies).

Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:21 am

The Staff Tournament is now live....

I have chosen a team for now, but unsure if I will keep it. I just wanted to make sure I had at least picked a team just in case I forget later.

The avatar is still available. Yay!

Something Has Happened!
You are now eligible to use 'Altador Cup Staff Tournament' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

My team (at the moment):

SenorMalo
LawyerBot
Bancha Ninja
Mr. Insane
Jimmy James

~~~

Maxed out on SoSd, and put in quite a few MSN and made it to Rank 10.

Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:36 am

I hit Rank 7 today. I will try to pick a Staff Tourney team tomorrow -- what's the deadline?

Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:08 am

Thanks Pickles.

First round, I went with:
Lawyerbot
SenorMalo
Blancha Ninja
El Picklesaur
Snarkie

Big decision between Snarkie and Comastar. Last year, they played different positions and both did really well.

Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:34 am

I think it might mean next Friday, Siniri, but I wasn't taking any chances in case it was a very quick 1/2 day decision.

I see Roos had a win and draw against Lost Desert.

I also see I made a mistake in my last post. I am Rank 9.. NOT 10.

Bye day today!
Topic locked