Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:57 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Battleground of the Obelisk [Split 2]
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:16 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I think the only faction that has changing boons is the Awakened. So far all the other ones have been the same.

I got FQ cookies, too, but so far, they've been pretty decent to me without the refreshes. I'm probably the only one here that doesn't care if I get a Air Faerie or two. Meh, will decide what team to join later. Need to go lurk on the boards. I'd rather have a boon than not any!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:42 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Heh, I actually train all the things just because I'm a completionist. Even though I'm over 750 in strength and defense, even. But I refresh if the quest is expensive or light faerie (because why only get 1 stat when you could get 2?).

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:24 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Hm. In light of the recent other events...and because I'm sure codestone prices will be going up fast as people frantically stock them (*cough*not that I did that today anyways cause I was almost out *cough*), I think you've SWAYed me. I hope that the Sway wins so that I can make sure I don't end up with Fire Faerie quests and waste the training stats. If there is any battling in whatever is going on, I won't mind the potential extra HPs or defence.

...that and because aside from what y'all have posted, I can't seem to find any good boards with any theories as to who will win, etc. Yep. I'm a bandwagoner through and through....if I can find one to jump on. :P (well, when I'm feeling lazy. there are exceptions to this rule.) ;)

ETA:
First day of battling. Took a rather long nap this afternoon (though absolutely necessary), so didn't get as much done as I was hoping - only 50 on each of the bosses. May be able to do more tomorrow, we'll see.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:03 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

So we're a bandwagon of 3? I don't think that word means what you think it means. :P But I'm also active on the TDN forums, and the Sway were the overwhelming majority on the poll there (not that it was a huge poll, either, but it was more than 2!).

Now that battling has begun, we could look at the battle records of people known to be in the ASG and find out who they didn't join (Daze, you know any names?). Or we could just wait until Monday to find out if we get boons or not.

I decided to pull a page out of Daze's book and even up my lower opponents (and then try to even up the bosses after I've accomplished that); so far I have 81 wins against Flint (started with the boss, of course), 146 against Rent-a-Brute (brought up to my goal of 250), and 85 against Back Alley Bruiser (need 62 more to reach 250 total). Since it was half-price day, I was trying to get the Chocolate avatar, but the only restock I saw didn't have any r90+.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:15 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Bandwagon of four. While we can't quite make a circle, we can make a square with the wagons. Sadly, I think I've done a whopping FIVE battles so far :P

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:36 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

LOL. We are now known as the Bandwagon Four. So far I have 300 Mighty wins against the Professor. I am only fighting against Lambert this time. I need another 400 wins to even his score up.

I should have been a P.I. I always check around on skirmish days. Checked on those I know (or at least have seen post previously about being in the ASG).

5 against Brutes.
5 against Seekers.

I came across someone that has wins against Brutes and Seekers. So it seems the ASG picked Sway.

The message about only fighting the one team (to keep us guessing) mustn't have got out to all the ASG. So much for all their 'Cloak and Dagger' antics. :evil: * Yes I am a little evil and enjoying myself way too much!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:51 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I don't see how it matters if we figure out who they joined after battling's begun. It's not like anyone can join a faction now. All this cloak and dagger stuff seems silly.

But yay, that means we're more likely to win boons! I don't think the Bandwagon 4 could outperform such a big group. Maybe if we could attract a few more wagons...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:01 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

The Sway won.

I chose the Refresh Quest boon. I am training up a new pet and thought this would be a great way to maximise the Boons reward. Any Hp or Level will go to my main pet, all other stats to his sister. :)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:04 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I also chose the refresh quest boon, and just cracked open a fortune cookie. I wasted the boon today -- my first quest was from Fyora herself, for only 5k -- no way am I refreshing that!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:29 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Woot, took the refresh quest boon. Of course, I go to open a shop wiz tab so that I can get my daily quest, only to discover I was already on a quest (which I never saw come up?). It was Earth, so I refreshed and got Dark (woot! Will pushed me over 1600 HPs, yay!).
I then got my cookie quest, which ironically enough was the exact same Earth Faerie quest as earlier (really?!) and once again refreshed and got another Dark Faerie quest. So...can't complain as both Dark Faerie quests together totaled 1100. Not bad for a first day on the boon! :)

ETA: Got *another* hidden quest (AKA I never saw it). Original was Light Faerie, refreshed and got a Water Faerie quest instead, which bumped me over the 700 def boost, woot!

ETA 2: Seriously? I haven't had any random quests in I don't know how long...and now I've gotten my third one today. I didn't refresh, as it was a Water Faerie quest, but just...wow.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:03 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
In a very un-bandwagon move, I took the stock boon...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:11 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Lol, Blue. Stocks are good! I took stocks twice before, it really is a great way to make more nps (in the long run). :)

Now that I have a second pet to train, the Refresh Quest makes it a little more fun.

Nice FQ Siniri, even if you didn't use your boon, it was a very nice start. :)

Congrats on your good refreshes Pickles. :) So far it was been a win all round for us.

Day 1 quest: Air refreshed to Earth. Gave to Maritza: +2 strength took her to 125 strength boost.
Day 2 quest: Dark didn't use boon. Gave to Laoran: +2 HP.
Day 3 quest: Light didn't use boon. Gave to Laoran: +1 level.
Day 4 quest: Battle didn't use boon. Gave to Laoran: +4 level.
Day 5 quest: Earth refreshed to Earth! Gave to Maritza: +2 strength
Day 6 quest: Fire refreshed to Dark Gave to Laoran: +2 HP.
Day 7 quest: Water refreshed to Dark Gave to Laoran: +2 HP.

* Don't mind me, I am just colour coding to make it easier to tally up at the end of boon.

Last edited by Daze on Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:18 am, edited 6 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:24 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Dang, P, that's some kind of luck!

Quest 2 was a light faerie for 1750. I replaced it and got a dark faerie for 1299 instead. 451 fewer NP for twice as many stats (and the stat I need the most)? Yes, please!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:33 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Today was an Air Faerie. I went ahead and just took it as is, as movement is my lowest stat, and I would like to get it up to the max boost, whether or not it's necessary.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:47 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I doubt I'll get any more FQ's since I won't have much time for Neopets the rest of today. (If I do, I'll just edit this post.) The FQ refresh boon raked in the big winnings for me this time, thanks to the (more than) doubling of red codestone prices since the last time I kept track, plus the three light faerie quests I refreshed. I actually had 9 quests total during the boons: 1 Faerie Queen, 3 lights, 1 earth, 2 fires, 1 battle, 1 air originally. I traded in the 3 lights, receiving 2 darks and 1 earth (movement), and the air (because it was very expensive), receiving another (but cheaper!) air. My refreshes saved me 1313 NP total (one light -> dark cost an extra 400 NP) just in quest item cost. But the 3 additional stats were worth 33,500 each (the average cost of 1 training with 2 red codestones, not factoring in the fact that you can cancel expensive trainings -- come on, that would have been a bit too much calculating!).

Total savings: 101,813 NP. Thank you, boon!

Total (actual) stats gained this week: 1 level, 10 HP, 12 strength, 4 movement, 2 defense. I'm getting closer and closer to the 3 red codestone training level, and my HP are still lagging a bit, but I still have room to zap, and since I've slowed down regular training (I never actually train HP, relying on the lab to do that...), I hope I won't have to spend to train HP too much. But if I do, no biggie. I'll know to slightly overtrain HP before bumping up.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next