Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:00 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: AC VIII
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 7:39 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Sign-ups are open!

Got (another) team frame for signing up +
Quote:
For your 7 years of dedicated play you have earned the prizes below:
View of Altador Background (currently broken image)
+150NC

Apparently it's going to be "scored" a little differently this year?
Quote:
I don't understand how the scores are displayed on the Schedules & Results page. Can you explain this?
When viewing a single team:
When looking at just the results of one team for a day (or all days), the format is as follows: the team icon in the first column is always the opposing team, regardless of whether they were the home or away team. The scores are preceded by a W, L, or D (for win, loss, or draw). Regardless of who won, the team whose results are being viewed are listed first. For example, if you are looking at Shenkuu's page and the result for their Yooyuball match is W (6 - 5), that means they won by a score of 6 to 5. If they'd lost 8 to 2, the result would be shown as L (2 - 8).

When viewing multiple teams:
If you view the results for multiple teams on one day (or all days), the format is as follows: the team icon in the first column is always the home team, and the icon in the 2nd column is always the away team. The scores are presented in the same format, with the home team given first regardless of whether they won or lost, and the road team listed second. For example, if the home team won 10-4, it will be shown as home team icon (10 - 4). However, if the home team lost, it'll be shown as road team icon (4 - 10).

Schedule:
5/24-5/30 Team sign-ups and practice rounds begin.
5/31/-6/28 Tournament play takes place
6/29-6/30 Tiebreaker played (if necessary)
7/1 Y15 Altador Cup champions are announced and the Prize Shop opens.

Things of note:
Quote:
Tournament play is made up of five rounds. For each round, six teams will be placed into one of three brackets. During the round, every team in the bracket will play each other once.
This year, there will be four "bye" days. The bye days will happen once per round during the first four rounds, and will not fall on either the first or last day of a round.
At the conclusion of every round, each team in a bracket will be rewarded points based on how they played in comparison to the other teams in their bracket. With each subsequent round, the point values increase, allowing teams that may have gotten off to a rocky start to catch up toward the end. After all five rounds have been played, the teams. points will be tallied up and (if necessary) any ties will be broken. The following Monday, the results will be revealed and the champions will be named!

There will also be another staff tournament.
Quote:
The Altador Cup Staff Tournament will begin on June 7th and end on June 28th. Results will be announced each Friday.

Create your dream team of Neopets staff members! You must assemble a team of five staffers (two Forwards, two Defenders, one Goalie).
You'll be able to make changes to your team at any time until midnight (12:00 AM NST) each Friday. After that, you will not be able to make any more changes to your team until after the results are announced on Friday afternoon.
To select your team, visit the Staff Tournament page. The staff members will already be divided into the various Yooyuball positions. Click on the players to learn more about them in the player profile box. Then, when you've made your choice, add players to your team by clicking on the button in their player profile box.
Once you've got a full team in the "Your Team" area, the "Choose This Team" button will activate and you can click it to finalise your team picks.
If you want to change your team, click on the "Change Team" button to make your new selections. If you want to keep your team as is the next week, press the "Keep Team" button.

Currently the Staff Tournament Prize Shop is open until 5/31
Last year's AC Prize Shop is supposed to close today (5/24) but as of the time of this post, is still up.

Low Res Links:
Yooyuball
Make Some Noise
Slushie Slinger
Shoot Out Show Down

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

Last edited by Pickles on Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: AC VIII
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 1:13 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Yeah, I was the one who sent in the ticket about the staff and regular prize shops closing early, and then renewed it when the staff one didn't reopen. I was excited to see the staff one had reopened -- until I saw that my points left to spend had been reset to 0. :( I definitely didn't spend any points, and I had over 16k. I updated my ticket; I hope I don't get the "you're screwed, we can't restore points from a glitch" message because it's not cool.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 1:26 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Ooh. Thanks Pickles! I had 400 points to spend in the AC Shop. Bought books :)

Don't look Below, Siniri!!
I also had a 7170 points in the Staff Tourney shop. Singed Trousers had best points to NP ratio of what I could afford. Also picked up a cupcake and 70 Leftover Fruit Plates

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 1:52 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I'd opened a ticket as well about the prize shops...the day after they went down unexpectedly and early, from what I gathered on the boards. ;)

Did you spend the staff points last year? I went to the staff shop after it reopened this year and had no points...and then remembered that I had spent them ASAP last year and already put 'em in my SDB (as I got screwed over by not realizing I hadn't spent 'em and TNT never made an announcement about the staff shop at all....and then closed it anyways without notice - something they swore they'd never do with a prize shop in an editorial once).

I stuck with Roo again, for what it's worth. The one year I went to Shenkuu I wished I hadn't. I'll be lucky if I have the time and/or energy to do a lot of playing, as with last year, but meh. Maybe naptimes during the week I'll get a little playing in, if I've got all my chores done.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 4:50 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

No, I had it open and was about* to spend my 16k of points when my internet went out. I shut my computer down (it was stormy), and when I brought it back up, the prize shops had gone poof. So I know I didn't spend the points! I hadn't done any of my price comparisons yet!

I'll go check my SDB to see if someone bought prizes for me (TNT dressed Peadar and Siofra for me just this week, while testing why I can't access customization for them -- they found a workaround for me, so I was able to re-dress them in something that matched a little better).

ETA: I do have 3 of the cheaper book (but I tend to buy "extra" when things first come out and are fairly cheap), and I have some YYB blindfolds, but I know I picked several up in the thrift shoppe. I didn't have any of the more expensive book, but I've read it to my reader (not to the others). I know I checked the prize shop and saw that I had points left to spend... but now I'm wondering if maybe I saw the giant points and overlooked the smaller points. Thanks for pointing that out, Pickles -- I don't know why I'd have bought staff prizes and not regular prizes, unless it was just a knee-jerk reaction to keep me from losing all my points again like last year. From now on, I'm going to set a reminder on my calendar to shop 1 month after a prize shop opens -- I have prize points left in TFR, ROS, ToW, etc.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 12:15 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Finally signed up. I also received the 7-year bonus :)

Sweet.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 1:41 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Glad to hear, Siniri! I went back through our AIM logs cause I thought we actually talked about having both lost out on the shop last year and buying the prizes right away, but that must've been through Neomail, cause I couldn't find it, so I'm glad you found your prizes. :)

Who'd you join, Blue?

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 6:48 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Pickles wrote:
Who'd you join, Blue?

Brightvale again. I have been loyal every year that they participated. In year 1, they were the only team with a Lupe. Captain, no less. This year, the only team with a Lupe is Shenkuu and I simply can't do Shenkuu...

The year(s) Brightvale were not in the Cup, I was a Rooligan.

My active pet is currently decked out in Brightvale attire :)

Hmmm... Rooligan is a fun word.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 12:22 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Had to choose Maraqua this year, as I had a strange dream that they won! :lol:

7th year for me, and so far have picked a different team each year.

Prizes you get for each previous year you've participated in the AC:

1 year - Altador Cup Through the Ages
2 years - Altador Cup Colosseum Archway
3 years - Altador Cup Colosseum Interior Background
4 years - Altador Cup V Competition Torch
5 years - Yooyu Garden Pond
6 years - Discarded Yooyuball Gear Foreground
7 years - View of Altador Background

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For anyone that has problems with Make Some Noise, like me, I prefer the low quality link:

http://www.neopets.com/altador/colosseu ... uality=low

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 1:29 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Oh, right, I need the low quality links for all the games (especially YYB). Because I play 2-3 of them at a time (well, I play either SS or YYB, and alternate between MSN and SoSd while waiting for things).

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 2:44 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Low Quality links would be good. MSN tends to be wishy washy for me - some years it's fine...other years it's not...and it seems to have to do with which version of flash I'm using.
If anyone can find the other low quality links, I'll put 'em in the first post with the MSN link for quick reference. :)

Siniri, who are you joining this year?

I find it interesting that we'll have the Battleground open at the same time as the games...will make things on both sides interesting to see where people divide their time, and could have a major effect on the outcome of both events...

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 5:33 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Siniri is a Rooligan,
running around like a hooligan.
She doesn't ramble,
refusing to gamble
in case RI takes the pool again.

It's way past my bedtime...

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 2:29 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Siniri wrote:
Oh, right, I need the low quality links for all the games (especially YYB). Because I play 2-3 of them at a time (well, I play either SS or YYB, and alternate between MSN and SoSd while waiting for things).

:hug: So do I! :) Nothing like being able to multi-task!! I prefer SoSd for this reason. You can get quite a few games inbetween wait times on other games.

I am pretty sure all you have to do is add &quality=low after the game id number.

I adding it all 3 side games, and they all seem to work.

MSN: http://www.neopets.com/altador/colosseu ... uality=low
SS: http://www.neopets.com/altador/colosseu ... uality=low
SoSd: http://www.neopets.com/altador/colosseu ... uality=low

Good Luck everyone! :)

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 6:55 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Siniri wrote:
Siniri is a Rooligan,
running around like a hooligan.
She doesn't ramble,
refusing to gamble
in case RI takes the pool again.

It's way past my bedtime...
LOL Well, at least I'm not the only one. :)

Thanks, Daze, for the links! I added 'em to the first post. :)

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 1:31 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I joined Maraqua this year (I think I rotate between Darigan, Shenkuu, and Maraqua...). May or may not play, but hey, if we win that means Maraqua or Maractite paintbrush, right?
Oh, and I didn't get 150 NC for signing up (even though the pop-up said I did). Should I submit a bug report?

ETA: I lied. I refreshed and it was there.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next