Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:19 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: AC VIII
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 9:36 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Krawk Island is go! If only because I wish to keep supporting my main three, the other two being Kreludor and Darigan Citadel. Want pirates to win at least one more year. :evil:

======================================

:P Help support the NeoDex!!! :P

======================================

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 1:24 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Hmm, I guess I should actually be rooting for MI or Maraqua to win so that their paint brushes will deflate next year. Ah, well.

The LQ YYB link doesn't seem to actually affect the quality. I remember the link was much more complicated, and you had to update it with your team # and the correct opponent's team each day. I'll have to dig around and see if I can find it.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 2:32 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Siniri wrote:

The LQ YYB link doesn't seem to actually affect the quality. I remember the link was much more complicated, and you had to update it with your team # and the correct opponent's team each day. I'll have to dig around and see if I can find it.

Yep, I left it off my list because it was different to the others and couldn't find any, but someone posted on the AC board.

http://www.neopets.com/altador/colosseu ... uality=low

This link works, it automatically updates the scoring info.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 7:20 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Nice! Thanks, Daze. Bah. I don't know if I'll do much this AC. I guess my goal is to send scores 3x/day in each game, at a minimum. At least until skirmishing is over.

ETA: Yay, they "fixed" the change in SS from last year that made the slinger turn around if you left the tab (making it harder to multitask); she stays put, though you have to click inside each game for any keystrokes to register when you do switch tabs -- a little annoying, but much better than having to babysit SS.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:14 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Tally-ho, Roo swept our opponents yesterday! Not a bad start, at least.

Thanks for the link, Daze. I added it to the first post.

I've rediscovered that I can read and play SOSD at the same time. This provides for a nice break from RL - quiet, "productive" (on Neo at least), and entertaining. Goodness knows, with how grumpy Little P has been this last week (oh yay molars), I actually needed the mindlessness of SOSD when coupled with reading....

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:12 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

FYI:
Minimum scores:
YYB: none (must play to end, but you can multitask, just make sure you're still winning)
SS: 300
MSN: 3000
SoSd: 600+ (basically, just play to the end and send) (Though there's one report that it's 35! You can send after one goal and rank up, allegedly. I haven't tried it myself yet. If it's true, I suspect TNT might fix it soon. Not sure if this is considered exploiting a bug.)

RI has an interesting bracket: 3 of the 5 sweeping teams were in it, suggesting some of us at least perhaps did not belong in the bottom bracket (*cough* AC7 mess *cough*). Overall ranks are a bit strange; Altador makes sense since they creamed FL in everything, but KL didn't even sweep, ranking ahead several teams that did -- RI, for one, had a larger overall point spread than them, too, though KL might have gotten more credit for their big spread in SS than we did for ours in SoSd. Or maybe we were punished for our crappy bracket placement -- which was only so crappy because TNT messed it up so badly last year. Oh, well. If we keep winning, we'll move up.

I heard that All-Star groups joined RI, Altador (the biggest one), and Tyrannia this year.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:53 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

<cough> RI's bracket is currently being "ranked" alphabetically. Seeing as we're the only bracket with all sweeps, though, can't prove that's how it's being done all around yet, but yeah.

Anyways, I'm planning on sticking mainly to SOSD this year. I haven't touched the other games, as SOSD is the least stressful on my hands, is a consistent pattern (thus not needing as much thought), and earns points fairly quickly compared to some of the others (I never really got into the "new" YYB). I've been only sending scores with 5 made goals, just to play on the safe side, as I doubt the one-goal thing was intended to work that way.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:18 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

One of 3 undefeated teams and we slipped a rank. Here's hoping we can sweep Shenkuu today and show how strong we are. We didn't crush Faerieland quite as bad as Altador did, but we definitely crushed them.

Can someone point me to a breakdown of the ranks? I didn't make rank 1 yesterday, so I assume it's more than 25 wins. Is it 50?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:15 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I don't think the overall rankings matter until the "round" ends.
Siniri wrote:
I heard that All-Star groups joined RI, Altador (the biggest one), and Tyrannia this year.
I find it interesting that these are the 3 undefeated teams. I'm happy that I stuck with Roo! 2 sweeps is a good start.

Ranks are the same as last year: the first 4 (1-4) are 33.33 per, second 4 (5-8) are 50 per, third 4 (9-12) are 66.667 per, fourth 4 (13-17 are 83.33 per, and last 4 (18-All Star) are 100 per. Everything is reduced by 1/3.
Total number of SOSD or MSN wins needed for All Star is 16000. This is about 640 SOSD/MSN games per day, or 53.33.

Also, if you want to see how much you are away from the next rank, TNT built that in. On the AC main page, click on where it says your rank in the "Your Stats" section. It'll automatically show you how many more of all types of games you need to advance to the next rank, or you can select whatever rank you want to aim for to find out what you need.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:09 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Thanks for the info, Pickles -- I thought TNT had it posted somewhere, but I couldn't see it last night -- I was too tired by the time I got to AC, and the only reason I did anything was so I wouldn't drag RI down too much.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:09 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Siniri wrote:
FYI:
Minimum scores:
SoSd: 600+ (basically, just play to the end and send) (Though there's one report that it's 35! You can send after one goal and rank up, allegedly. I haven't tried it myself yet. If it's true, I suspect TNT might fix it soon. Not sure if this is considered exploiting a bug.)

You can definitely send the score after 1 goal and rank up, it was the same last year (but unsure about any previous years).

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:42 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Woot, another sweep! Should be able to sweep Moltara today, too, hopefully. Then we'll hafta tackle Altador...that has the potential of being pretty nasty, as they are generally winning with higher scores than us. But it looks like the "bye" day will be tomorrow for this round, so we get a day of rest before we tackle them?

Also, are there no such things as draws this time? I haven't seen one yet...

ETA: according to the FAQ, there are the possibility of draws. Guess we'll see if it ever happens?

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:00 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Reserved

~:> ...Reconstruction begins here... ~:>

more to come

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:10 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Location: In Shenkuu, munching on Mint Rolls and drinking Black Cherry Tea.
Did the Cup start? I can't participate because I don't have Flash... :(

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:22 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Based on my last experience in the Obelisk... What are the minimums on the AC? I started a YYB game once, but (believe it or not), ran out of time before finishing that first game.

Edit: Ok. I've finished 1 game each (and sent score)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next