Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:43 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Battleground of the Obelisk (Was: Tyrannian Plot [Split
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:57 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

That new boon is funny -- I would have thought it would be tied to the Seekers. If I were going to make one up for the Awakened, it might be that any food item turns into cake and increases fullness 2-3 levels. Or that the midnight-hour-only site activities can also be accessed at an hour of your choosing.

Anyway, I'm a bit torn between the quest one and the wheel one. With training prices going up so much, the quest one is worth more than it was last time -- but that involves using 2/3 of my NC for a cookie, and training's only going to keep going up, so the boon will be worth even more next time it comes around. Plus the summer shop will open soon, and I'll probably want something there... Guess I'll go with the Wheel one, since it was so lucrative for me last time.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:59 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Woot!

I went with the refresh quest one. It's already been useful - traded a light faerie quest for a 4np Earth Faerie quest that gave me +2 defence. :)

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:55 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Yay! I fought enough to qualify this time :) (Still mad at myself for the brute squad fiasco :x )

I'm tempted by the Book-smarts boon. Especially since I can't really train my pet until she's more balanced, I can at least increase intelligence by letting her read the hundreds of books in my SDB. Checking prices first, of course... My copy of "1,001 Yooyuball Tips" is a HTS 2-3M ;)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:13 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Blue wrote:
Yay! I fought enough to qualify this time :) (Still mad at myself for the brute squad fiasco :x )

I'm tempted by the Book-smarts boon. Especially since I can't really train my pet until she's more balanced, I can at least increase intelligence by letting her read the hundreds of books in my SDB. Checking prices first, of course... My copy of "1,001 Yooyuball Tips" is a HTS 2-3M ;)
Haha, yeah, definitely check prices!

If I hadn't already read (literally years ago) a ton of books to my pets, I'd've gone with that one, cause it's just awesome. I mean, it really is. It's a permanent addition to your pets stats, and with less books to get more intelligence - that's just too cool.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:51 am 
Administrator
Administrator

The Book-Smarts boon is working out very very well for me. I have only gone through the first 3 (of 22) pages of my SDB, removing only books with duplicates. If the book is 2k or less, then I'll read it, otherwise the book goes to my shop.

So far, I have already doubled MyPet's intelligence and found two books worth ~15k.

ETA: I have now gone through all 22 pages of books in my SDB, removing one of every duplicate. MyPet has read about 120 books and increased intelligence from 69 to 545 :D Plus, my shop is now stocked with a dozen or so books priced > 2k. Already sold 27k!

Now I'm going from shop to shop looking for books that MyPet hasn't read (and cost ~100NP)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:48 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

That's awesome, Blue! The wheel boon isn't as lucrative this time; my net as of today is only ~56k. But I think my first-spin average has been a lot higher (I often seem to get 1k or 2k on the first and nada on the second), and the boon makes me spin more often over all.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:28 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

TnT sure knows how to throw a spanner in the works. :evil:

Order, Brutes, Thieves.

I chose Thieves as I need the avatar/site theme. Battle Chat seems to adhereing to the order:

Sway, Thieves, Order, Brutes, Awakened, Seekers

As the Seekers nor Sway were a choice, the next one is Thieves.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:54 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Daze wrote:
TnT sure knows how to throw a spanner in the works. :evil:

Order, Brutes, Thieves.

I chose Thieves as I need the avatar/site theme. Battle Chat seems to adhereing to the order:

As the Seekers nor Sway were a choice, the next one is Thieves.
Aww, heck. I need brutes since I failed miserably list time. However, I'll bandwagon closer to the deadline :)

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:05 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

LOL. I guess it is truly random?

I'll probably bandwagon, but the boons for Order and Thieves are better (IMO) than for Brutes. I wouldn't mind the stocks boon again - buying cheaper stocks was great!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:18 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I made over 62k from the wheel boon -- not quite as good as last time, but I also couldn't spin as much, and I didn't land on the WoE 20k spot this time, either.

Current wheel averages (I know it should be another topic, but I'm lazy):
Mediocrity: +480 NP/spin (based on 450 spins -- it's fluctuating less and less now, even with 4k wins)
Excitement: +109 NP/spin (180 spins -- it's continued to trend downwards from that 20k spin, though the rate of decrease has slowed considerably)
Monotony: +239 NP/spin (only 18 spins -- I won a 7k petpet, but that's my only positive spin so far, which is weird since I used to win a Bri codestone at least once or twice a week from it; definitely need more spins)
Knowledge: -314 NP/spin (only 28 spins -- I've won a scroll of radiance, but I haven't even won any books lately, so it definitely needs more spins)

Anyway, I need the Thieves Guild avatar and theme since I was too anti-Sway last time, so I would have joined them, anyway (especially since more people are in the same boat, increasing their chances of winning).

Daze, are you saying people would join the other teams over the Seekers even if they already had the other avatar and site theme? We don't even know what their boons would look like (I would have thought the book one was a Seekers boon, but I could imagine there being a games-related boon). I hope the Seekers can eventually win; I want all the avvies and themes, and I think theirs might be cool.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:59 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Siniri wrote:
Daze, are you saying people would join the other teams over the Seekers even if they already had the other avatar and site theme? We don't even know what their boons would look like (I would have thought the book one was a Seekers boon, but I could imagine there being a games-related boon). I hope the Seekers can eventually win; I want all the avvies and themes, and I think theirs might be cool.
No, if the Seekers were in this skirmish, they would have been the team this time, due to the fact they haven't won yet.

This is the 'unofficial' team order for the skirmishes.

Sway won the war, so they are first, then everyone bandwagoned the Thieves (although at that time, I did not know about it - Thieves won).

Once everyone realised how bandwagoning worked, the next was Order (which I joined, they won), then Brutes (I joined, they won), Awakened (I joined, they won).

It seems the bandwagon works, so the last team is Seekers, but due to the Seekers not being in this skirmish, the next 'best' team out of the three for this skirmish would be Thieves (Order and Brutes were already bandwagoned by the majority, so less people need the avatar/site theme). As Thieves were the first (and somewhat unknown bandwagon team), more people need the win.

I need Thieves, Sway and Seekers prizes. It seems that most on the boards, need the same three, which gives me great hope to get them before the bandwagon's wheels fall off. :evil:

The bandwagon will eventually fail as more (battledome) people gain the avatars/site themes, making it less likely the need for bandwagoning one team.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:50 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Well, I bandwagoned on the Thieves yesterday (besides, they're my team!), so here's hoping. I could really use that stock boon again!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:26 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

My new Gbomb (+ KBT + Warlock's Rage) = 649+ damage against the bosses on mighty. Getting the minimum will be a cinch this round! Of course I'll do extra to help ensure the Thieves steal the boons.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:04 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Well, stink. I've apparently too busy to pay attention to the deadline this time.

The Oracle wrote:
There's a massive battle going on! Bystanders are in danger - look out, a banana! We rest our case. You'd better come back when it's safe...

Meh... Go Thieves

Today was like "Planes, Trains, and Automobiles" :(

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:17 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Blue wrote:
Well, stink. I've apparently too busy to pay attention to the deadline this time.

The Oracle wrote:
There's a massive battle going on! Bystanders are in danger - look out, a banana! We rest our case. You'd better come back when it's safe...

Meh... Go Thieves

Today was like "Planes, Trains, and Automobiles" :(
Same thing happened with me. At least I got a banana out of the deal. :evil:

======================================

:P Help support the NeoDex!!! :P

======================================

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next