Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:44 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Battleground of the Obelisk (Was: Tyrannian Plot [Split
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:47 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

It is that time again, to choose an allegiance.

I have gone with the Awakened.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:25 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Rumour has it that a majority of people will be hopping on the awakened bandwagon for this round, so I have a feeling they may win. Poor seekers!

I'm too old for this!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:36 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Net earnings from the wheel boon: 92,462 (13,209/day). Not too shabby!

Sway, Seekers, or Awakened. Apparently the masses have chosen the Awakened, so I guess that's where I'm going too. Just call me a sheep.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:19 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Siniri wrote:
Sway, Seekers, or Awakened. Apparently the masses have chosen the Awakened, so I guess that's where I'm going too. Just call me a sheep.
Not me. I'm a lemming. Awakened it is :p

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:45 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Heh, I joined the Awakened earlier today, too. Tally-ho!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:12 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I hope I remember to battle Thursday with the AC going on. I have a feeling the next bye day will happen after battling is over. Yay, even more mindless clicking! I suspect most will be going for the bare minimum; it'd be interesting if a secret team of high-battling "all stars" decided to join a different faction and try to upset.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:40 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Siniri wrote:
.... it'd be interesting if a secret team of high-battling "all stars" decided to join a different faction and try to upset.

Basically we are already doing something similar by 'bandwagoning' one particular team, so it wouldn't be as easy to win against so many already on a team. Also working as a group, we all get rewarded, but if you lose you get nothing but a cheap random prize.

On the otherhand, the AC has so many teams, that the number of people on each team are fewer therefore easier to upset teams when big groups of ASG's join one. If your team loses, you still have all your points that go towards the prize shop.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:07 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Daze wrote:
Siniri wrote:
.... it'd be interesting if a secret team of high-battling "all stars" decided to join a different faction and try to upset.
Basically we are already doing something similar by 'bandwagoning' one particular team, so it wouldn't be as easy to win against so many already on a team. Also working as a group, we all get rewarded, but if you lose you get nothing but a cheap random prize.

On the otherhand, the AC has so many teams, that the number of people on each team are fewer therefore easier to upset teams when big groups of ASG's join one. If your team loses, you still have all your points that go towards the prize shop.

Oh, I didn't say they'd succeed... I'd certainly not risk it by joining one. But if the calculation were simple, such as battles/player, then having a lot of "freeloaders" (I would guess that at least ~80% of players might fall into this group) could really bring down the team average, and it'd be hard for the <20% to bring the average up by too much, compared to a group with, say, 80% high-battlers. And such a group might be tempted to try for it this weekend especially, with the AC going on, increasing even further the number of "freeloaders" on the big team. We don't actually know how the wins are calculated at the Obelisk. The only way we'll know is if someone decides to test it (someone like Neocodex, maybe, who might test it for funsies on their dummy accounts, thus not really hurting their own chances at boons) and actually succeeds at an upset.

Once all the avatars and site themes have been given out once, it will be harder for a large coalition to form, I think. Even this time, a lot of people were mentioning they wanted the Sway avatar and theme before the Seekers one because they don't think the Seekers one will be interesting at all. So even next round might be tougher to get agreement. If not, the Obelisk basically becomes another daily (except it's battle-4-days, collect-boons-7-days, take-3-days off), which would be a bit boring. Of course it's smarter, just not quite the "guild wars" activity that people were anticipating.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:34 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I think this circle of everyone winning now and again is likely the basis of the next plot. Because who wants to take part in constant war? Especially when the Tyrannians are suffering the consequences of it? No, I will not let that go. :evil:

======================================

:P Help support the NeoDex!!! :P

======================================

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:03 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Jacob wrote:
I think this circle of everyone winning now and again is likely the basis of the next plot. Because who wants to take part in constant war? Especially when the Tyrannians are suffering the consequences of it? No, I will not let that go. :evil:
Oh, I don't know if the Tyrannians are really suffering -- the battleground isn't actually in Tyrannia, just near it, in a previously unexplored part of the Jungle. Since the fighting is self-contained, it actually is probably boosting the Tyrannian economy, especially in food, weaponry, and cures.

Besides, TNT, having another plot less than 2 years after the last one? Inconceivable!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:30 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Siniri wrote:
Besides, TNT, having another plot less than 2 years after the last one? Inconceivable!
Did they ever actually consider it an official plot? IIRC, it was referred to as an event...which I thought was different than a plot? Technicality, I know.

I for one don't mind the boons. I'm not sure if it'll be worth it to battle too much for them though.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:43 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I can't remember where exactly, but somewhere on site (maybe the editorial?) they did call it a plot. At any rate, I meant (non-regular) event of any kind...

I reduced my battling last time and will reduce it further this time (though I did get in 13 battles against the Duchess today -- so maybe ~100 total?).

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:25 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
I plan to do at least 25 battles, but my AC game progress is going a lot slower than expected.

Edit: I squeezed in 30 battles this morning :) But, does the minimum count requirement make a difference depending on if the battles are in Easy, Medium or Hard?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:22 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Blue, I'm no sure about the difficulty.

I've done 52 of each of the bosses on hard. I may or may not add to this, and it's nowhere near what I normally do, but I simply don't have the time this weekend, especially with the AC around.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:32 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Something Has Happened!
You are now eligible to use 'Battleground: Awakened' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

Something has happened!
You are now eligible to use the 'Battleground: Awakened' theme when browsing the Neopets.com website!

Ohh a new boon: Book Smarts - increases the amount of intelligence gained from reading a book (between +2 and +4)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next