Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:17 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Battleground of the Obelisk (Was: Tyrannian Plot [Split
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 1:39 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I think TNT might have been tweaking abilities again, so the differences could be based on that, too (though in general, I did find them easier during the war, too -- just a better match for my set). Koi Warrior hasn't used any abilities on me at all in the past several days. Maybe they realized how ridiculous it was, finally. Guess we'll have to wait and see once one of the other bosses are back in the fray.

I didn't get to battle at all yesterday. I hope to make up for that today. I'm not going to worry about racking up points on the lower tiers, unless I need healing. I'll focus on the top two tiers and rack up the wins there, 2/3 Awakened, 1/3 Sway (I can one-hit the second tier, but the bosses are at least 2 rounds for me). I'm worried that too many freeloaders joined the Brutes and are relying on sheer numbers, which TNT usually accounts for.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:16 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Yeah, I think they are tweaking abilities, at least in the non-battleground opponents, and possibly the battleground ones, as well.

I did all the battling I was going to for this set on Thursday, so that I didn't have to try and double up with the AC. I didn't touch the lowest tier minions, but I figure those'll get beaten enough without me bothering. ;)

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:27 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

16 unchained monsters, 86 twins so far (shouldn't each win against them count twice?). All before midnight tonight, I've got a walk to take, strength training and physical therapy to do, a blackjack game to program, my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder and Guilder to frame for it; I'm swamped.

Tomorrow should be better. I prefer battling to AC, anyway. I won't go crazy with 1k + wins like prior rounds, but I want at least 100 against the top 2 Awakened and 50 against the top 2 Sway.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:36 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Brutes win! :)

I had 1900 Mighty wins. (1000 against the Twins, 100 against each of the rest of the Awakened and 500 against The Duchess).

I love the site theme, the colour is quite golden.

Site theme put in spoilers due to size.

Footer is the same for every faction theme.

Three new boons (first two relating to the Brutes):

GRRRAAAAHHHHHH! - Increases your pets damage output by 10% in the battledome.

Equip ALL THE THINGS - Allows you to equip one extra weapon to take into battle.

Right Round Round Round - Spin the wheels of Neopia (Excitement, Extravagance, Knowledge, Mediocrity, Misfortune and Monotony) twice before having to wait the usual time to spin again.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:38 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I don't know which boon is better! Does the scratchcard one work just once a day? [ETA: Nope, every visit.] And does it work in two different kiosks? (The reason I ask is that I still need a Sandstravaganza card for my gallery, but I always buy IC cards because they give better prizes at better odds -- but if I didn't have to sacrifice my IC card, I could buy some LD cards, too, and might get lucky.)

Same with the Wheels one -- does it apply to *all* the wheels, all the time? [ETA: Why yes, yes it does (according to the Neoboards).] Because that's a lot of extra spins if you visit them as often as you can! That one's probably worth more... but I'm not sure! Arrgh, must pick soon so I can use the boon!

ETA: Just found out that you can use either boon after you've already spun/bought. Sweet!

ETAA: I went with the Wheel boon. I missed out on one respin of the WoMed, but I think it will pay more in the next week. So far, on my extra spins, I got 1k from WoE, nothing on Knowledge, and 200 NP from WoMed. Spinning WoMon for the first time now (usually I don't even bother...).

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:52 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Was there a minimum number of battles won to get the Brutes reward? I know I joined the Brutes this last time, but didn't get the reward. In fairness, though, I probably did not do more than 20 battles total, and I didn't battle everyone available.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:37 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Yes, there is a minimum. It's somewhat more than 20, apparently, but less than... ~150, if I remember how many I did correctly (but over 120 of those were on mighty against bosses, not sure how much "bonus" that counts for). You definitely don't have to battle everyone.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:25 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Woot! 3 down, 3 to go (avvies and site themes).

Not particularly impressed with these boons. If they are really specific to the faction and not random every time, I'll be surprised if the Brutes are supported in the future a whole lot... though I suppose the battledome ones would be useful if you were close to being able to beat someone for DON and needed an extra boost...but last I heard, DON still isn't working, and I'd already done all of 'em a while ago.

I went ahead and did the scratchcard one, since I'm usually pretty good about getting them every 6 hours.

Yes, there's a minimum, but you don't have to battle everyone. I left out the lowest tier and still got the avvie and site theme.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:10 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Thanks for the responses on the minimum. I will need to carve out a bit more time for battling on the next round. I'll still do the lemming selection method though :)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:30 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Blue wrote:
Was there a minimum number of battles won to get the Brutes reward? I know I joined the Brutes this last time, but didn't get the reward. In fairness, though, I probably did not do more than 20 battles total, and I didn't battle everyone available.

The actual minimum is really low. Between 10 - 20 wins.

There does seem to be a variance depending on what level you battle them, ex, Average, Strong, Mighty.

You do not have to win or even fight every opponant. It is maximum of 20 wins overall. (I quickly checked your stats, it looks like you only did 8 battles for this skirmish).

You can check your fights by going to the battledome page, then Records. Click on the image and it give a drop down list of the most recent fight.

You can check other peoples records by typing their name in the Search box.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:39 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I just realized that even with the next boost, I won't be able to one-hit the bosses unless I upgrade my set. Looking at my options, the cheapest is a Ghostkerbomb. I should probably wait for HT discount day (unless I can buy it from someone else for that price), but that means one more skirmish without being able to one-hit them. I want to save up another 775k before buying, anyway. But I'd also rather not have to slog through multiple rounds. Decisions, decisions...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:00 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Daze wrote:
Right Round Round Round - Spin the wheels of Neopia (Excitement, Extravagance, Knowledge, Mediocrity, Misfortune and Monotony) twice before having to wait the usual time to spin again.

And guess who has a song stuck in his head right now? Never took the Brutes to being pop lovers. TNT for sure, but The Brutes? :evil:

======================================

:P Help support the NeoDex!!! :P

======================================

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:31 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Jacob wrote:
Daze wrote:

And guess who has a song stuck in his head right now? Never took the Brutes to being pop lovers. TNT for sure, but The Brutes? :evil:

ROFL

Thanks. Now I have Dead or Alive stuck in my head, too... :/

Sent from my Fireball using Xparent Blue Tapatalk2

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:42 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Blue wrote:
Jacob wrote:
Daze wrote:

ROFL

Thanks. Now I have Dead or Alive stuck in my head, too... :/

Sent from my Fireball using Xparent Blue Tapatalk2

ROFL!! It is even worse for me, as I have the Marilyn Manson version in my head (which I must admit I do like! {due to having teenagers at the time of the release}). I do play to a slightly heavier beat. :evil:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:43 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Jacob wrote:
TNT wrote wrote:

Blue wrote:
ROFL Thanks. Now I have Dead or Alive stuck in my head, too... :/

Daze wrote:
ROFL!! It is even worse for me, as I have the Marilyn Manson version in my head (which I must admit I do like! {due to having teenagers at the time of the release}). I do play to a slightly heavier beat. :evil:
Umm, we've gone way off topic here. But... I had no idea there was a Marilyn Manson version. So, of course I YouTubed it. Imho, his version is pretty good. I expected it to be slow in his typical style but it's the same tempo, only much more gritty.

Back to topic:
I only needed 20 battles for the avvi/theme/boons? Dang :cry:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next