Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:46 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Guild War (Was: Tyrannian Plot [Split 1])
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 4:38 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Meh. I think I fought only 6 or 7 battles yesterday. Way too much RL work right now. Today doesn't look too promising for battling, either. :(

Topic title updated, per your request :)

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 3:01 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

The title TNT gives this event is Battleground of the Obelisk. :)

Part 1 was Obelisk War
Part 2 is Battleground of the Obelisk.

So far have 180 wins on each of the leaders and 25 on all the others. Unsure whether TNT are going to include a cap with this type of event, but I am just fighting for the sake of it now. LOL.

Watched the last 2 HP movies while battling last night. Need to fight some other big movies to watch. I love having a laptop with these type of click and win events.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 3:34 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Daze wrote:
The title TNT gives this event is Battleground of the Obelisk. :)

Topic Title updated :)

Post subject: Re: Battleground of the Obelisk (Was: Tyrannian Plot [Split
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 4:21 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Oooh, Daze, great idea! I finally got Brave from the library after waiting months for it. I think I'll bring my laptop downstairs and click while I watch tomorrow. Though honestly, my monitor is much better quality than my housemate's TV....

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 4:31 am 
Administrator
Administrator

BTW, the healer in the prize shop is "Rejuvenating Jar of Brains". It is indeed a 60HP healer. It is currently a bargain in the Auction house (as compared to scorchstones) :)

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 8:46 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Skirmish One has ended and Thieves Guild has won.

Prizes as thought; avatar, site theme and boons. Those who were on Sway and chose Thieves now have both avatars and themes.

It is going to take a long time to achieve all 6!!

No special items or rewards for other teams, just a random prize for competeing.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:57 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

*sigh* I had a feeling they'd win, but I followed my heart. I hope the Order is still a choice next time; they're my favorites to win (assuming the Thieves have to sit out). Did anyone minimally participate and still get the prizes, or was there a hidden cutoff like there was for the Sway boons? [Edit: found the answer myself. See the quote below.]

My prize was a Chesterdrawers Antique Almanac Vol. IV. And nearly half a million NP (from healing potion sales).
Quote:
I'm pretty sure I joined the thieves the 2nd time but how come I didn't get anything when I visited the battlegrounds page? Was I supposed to have battled a few days a day? Because I've probably only fought 10 times total...

I'm pretty bummed cos I reckon this is the best guild and I really wanted the avatar

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 1:14 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Yay, Thieves.

Daze is correct:

Something Has Happened! wrote:
ImageYou are now eligible to use 'Battleground: Thieves Guild' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

Something Has Happened! wrote:
You are now eligible to use the 'Battleground: Thieves Guild' theme when browsing the Neopets.com website! Check out your User Preferences to change your theme. Or, click here to apply it automatically.

Oracle Boons
Five-Finger Discount
Cheaper By the Dozen
LOL AVIES
Doppelgänger
Scratch Master

No idea which boon to choose.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 2:18 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I am overwhelmed with joy right now, I had a feeling that thieves would win and it payed off. I did my fair share of battling too, which was hard since I was away Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Not sure what boon to pick, none of them really appeal to me.

I'm actually looking forward to the next wave of battling, this is a fairly exciting event which TNT have created.

I'm too old for this!

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 2:32 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Jellyneo already has a guide up, Blue! The Doppelgänger is related to the BD somehow, but people suspect it's not working properly. It doesn't double weapons, or give you extra daily prizes or NP. And ooooh, rumors were true: that site theme is sweet!

Congrats on the win, Blue and lemonade! Come join the Order with us next time.

I got nearly 100 wins against everyone; I ran out of time against the weakest Seeker (got about 85-90 wins, I think). 25/opponent per day isn't too bad, if I actually even it out.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 4:18 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

I just switched to the Thieves site theme. It is indeed nice. It may just replace Dr. Sloth Theme for a while.

Thanks for the guide link, Siniri. I thought about using the LOL AVIES just to steal yours, but I am leaning towards chose the 10NP stock buys. It wouldallows me to make 7 purchases at 10NP instead of the customary 15NP... Seems like the best NP gain opportunity.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 7:56 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

WTG Thieves! I knew we could finally do it! (I was a Thief for the war, and stuck with 'em for the skirmish).

The thieves site theme IS nice. Very easy to the eyes, too.

I'm thinkin' I'll take the stock boon and get back into stocks. I guess it's about time I do, I need to suck it up and get over the fact that I lost all mine when my account was hacked (even though I got the NPs the hacker sold 'em all for) and this seems like a good time to do so, since it'll be extra profit in the long run. Debating which Premium boon to take - probably the scratchcard one, since the premium featured games haven't been ones I normally play for a while. (Okay, so I've been saving my premium scratchcards for a couple weeks, just in case...)

I'm hoping they continue this for a while...it's not too hard to get a few fights in during naptimes, and since it's a limited number of days, it's not that big a deal. Plus, the boons are nice. There's a lot of people having tons of fun with the avatar stealing one at the moment. I'm wondering, though, if this will take a break during AC or not (not that I'll be doing much on AC anyways, but still).

The neoboards are full of people talking about which faction to go for next, so that people can get the next avatar and site theme. Currently the consensus there, at least, is Brute Squad, if it's available.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 1:59 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I'm torn. I felt like this first skirmish was against teams 2-4, and it seemed like the Order was relatively strong. I think a lot of hardworking Order members will be loath to abandon them (I know I would be, even though I really liked the Brutes once I read their Neopedia article). Plus how many people will join the Brute Squad and do the bare minimum to guarantee themselves the boon, hurting the team?

Then again, I knew the Thieves were going to win, especially when a lot of Sway joined them, but I refused to join because a lot of Sway joined them... and they won, just like I predicted. I don't want to make that mistake again. Ah, well, I'll have a week to choose if it's last time, and we don't even know the teams yet. No sense fretting about it now.

Post subject: Re: Tyrannian Plot [Split 1]
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 6:45 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Blue wrote:
I do indeed have lens flare.

I'll need to check out that 60HP healer... Thanks!

Check out the Hidden Tower item Bracelet Of Kings if you want endless healing item throughout a battle. 1/3 chance of healing you 50 HP each use. Expensive, but worthwhile. ;)

And I didn't participate in battling much this time around. Shame. But I can apparently try again soon enough? Tyrannian Council of Elders? No comment? :evil:

======================================

:P Help support the NeoDex!!! :P

======================================

Post subject: Re: Tyrannian Plot [Split 1]
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 7:55 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Jacob wrote:
Check out the Hidden Tower item Bracelet Of Kings if you want endless healing item throughout a battle. 1/3 chance of healing you 50 HP each use. Expensive, but worthwhile. ;)

Hmmm... for a "mere" Discounted Price of 3,395,000 NP (on Discount day). Faerie Queen is correct, I could never afford any of these.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next