Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:46 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Tyrannian Plot
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:20 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Apathy has finally fallen. I got a win! I was not the one to actually defeat him, but he fell while I was in the midst of battle, taking his HP suddenly to 0 even though I was frozen that round. I won 300 NP and a General Crustygums.

I was hoping to hit 400 wins on hard before he fell, but the Seekers were working hard. I think someone took him down when he had ~60k left. I did manage 402 wins across all 3 difficulties; I had gotten some more abilities and was experimenting to see if I could take him down if I stole his mirror. I think he would have had to have been well under 10k on easy for me, and that's only if I'd gotten extremely lucky. But it was fun practicing with all my shiny new toys! And awesome being mid-battle when he fell.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:08 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
That's pretty cool, Siniri. Greed was already defeated when I started today. On the plus side, I didn't feed obligated spending time trying to lose an additional 218 times.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:31 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I wasn't sure whether we'd get prizes or PPT working again first. Looks like PPT won the race (hopefully barely). But I can't remember what I was going to post here.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:26 am 
Administrator
Administrator

I was wondering the same thing. Glad PPT got going first.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:11 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Ugh, but it seems the spam filters broke. People can post links on their first post now, which only encourages them to spam more.

I have a feeling the Seekers did rather poorly. Hopefully it doesn't affect personal prizes too much (and I hope I did "enough" to get a decent prize; all those people filling up their bars with losses worries me).

Shall we start a pool to see who can guess when prizes will be released?

I'll open with... tomorrow. I suspect TNT is a bit distracted today, but I want to be optimistic.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:18 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

The forum was upgraded and several of the anti-spam measures were lost. Kym is working on it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:38 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I already lost the pool, but since no one else entered yet, I'll just pick a new day. Prizes will be released... next Monday. Any other bets? Winner gets eternal fame and glory. And bragging rights. Can't forget the bragging rights.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:59 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

I predict... This upcoming Friday

Edit: Looks like we were both wrong :P

2014-04-16 Edit: Still nothing.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:45 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Well, some prize names have been discovered already, and TNT released a teaser of the site theme on its FB page. And Neopets will be down for maintenance tonight (which I suspect is more server-related than plot-related), so Neopia is abuzz. It will be soon. New bet: tomorrow night!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:28 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Nope. Nothing yet :/

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:09 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Prize Shop is open......OH BOY, you are all in for a surprise!! :o

From the News:
The war has ended. The Duchess leaves the safety of her tent and makes her way to the doors of the mysterious spire. The Sway are victorious and at last she can claim the power of the Obelisk she so rightfully deserves...

The light is blinding! It spreads across the battlefield in an instant, and that's when you know. The apparitions were a test -- a test that bears rewards, but not for long. It seems obvious to you now that any Sway should make their way to the door. Others will get the chance to prove their worth soon enough...

Are we in for more fighting?

http://www.neopets.com/prehistoric/battleground/

My Trophy
Obelisk War
Honoured Champion of the Obelisk

686,746 Points

Also the long awaited Tyrannina makeover has finally happened.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:15 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Thanks Daze!

I seem to have only achieved "Camp Guard". Probably because I didn't finish doing my part on the final wave.

Additional prize info:
Something Has Happened!
ImageYou are now eligible to use 'Obelisk War Veteran' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

Something has happened!
ImageYou are now eligible to use the 'Tyrannia: Mysterious Obelisk' theme when browsing the Neopets.com website! Check out your User Preferences to change your theme. Or, click here to apply it automatically.

Prize shop link: http://www.neopets.com/prehistoric/outs ... izes.phtml

The Oracle wrote:
I have looked upon the face of the coming days, and she is beautiful, but the path that leads me toward her is dark with ignorance and distrust.

Oh, and the truce ends on Sunday 4/28 at 10pm NST...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:45 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I got a fire chomby plushie from the Oracle. Man, Sway members got an extra avatar, extra site theme, and a "boon" to use until the truce ends (things like buying stock at 10 instead of 15, replacing a faerie quest w/ a different random faerie quest, or getting an extra 3% interest on their bank account per day). At least I'm not kicking myself for not joining them; they were never on my list. Too aristocratic for my taste.

I was 11k off the top trophy; I'm kicking myself for 1) lending out weapons to friends before I'd done enough myself (not blaming my friends; I should have reached my goals before lending), and 2) not realizing that the "skip scene" button was working in the BD (it was glitched for forever in early beta, and I never thought to test it) until Blue told me it was on the last round.

I'm six away from the next strength and defense boosts (but I'm refusing to buy zeds since they doubled in price over the past week -- before the announcement was made), and I have nearly all the faerie abilities I can (I'm 1 light blessing away from rejuvenate, and I haven't bought a level 100 ability yet because of their glitchiness -- I'll need 6-8 more light blessings for float/burrow, but I have enough for shroud). Now I'm kicking myself a bit for missing HT discount day last week, but I probably didn't need to upgrade anything. We'll see. I'm glad I've been restocking my healing potions supply.

It's interesting to see what we got points for. We got points for earthquakes??? I could have sworn I got more than 11; then again, I remember trying to disable it with NoScript (and I think I succeeded -- oops; that's okay, they were really annoying). 122 digs. Meh. Weird, I only recovered 59 items... but I know I maxed out every day. Same for digs.

Here are my ranks: Ground Shaker, Digmaster, Archaeologist, Mercenary (2361 battles), Completionist, Conqueror (164 challenges), and Fear Slayer! Landed a killing blow against the apparition (way down at the bottom -- 402 total battles fought). I'm hoping that wins counted for more than losses, despite it saying "battles fought" vs. "battles won." I suspect they did.

I still haven't spent all my ToW or TFR points yet, so I won't be buying these for a while, but I love the T-3000 wearable prize!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:38 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I'm still in shock that the sway won, I really expected the thieves or the order to win it. I was filled with excitement the moment I saw, I thought it was a glitch or an error.

I ended up with 358,914 in the end, which isn't too bad, I didn't expect them to reward us with points for earthquakes and digging, I'm slightly annoyed about that as I didn't take advantage of them. Some interesting prizes in the shop, surprised by the amount of paint brushes in it. Some cool battledome items, that 60HP healer is pretty good plus there is an 11 icon weapon I think.

As for the extra sway prizes, although I am happy that I got them, I think it should have just been an avatar and maybe a rare item instead of the site theme. As for the boons, I thought they were an interesting concept, I chose the extra bank interest simply because I didn't feel I'd use the others.

I'm too old for this!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:48 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

People who chose the Sway but didn't do enough to earn the avatar/theme/boon have to pick a new faction for when the truce ends. So perhaps the other factions will all get a chance to win their avatar/theme/boon. So that means we have 5 more rounds of battling? Eeeesh. That might start to get old. But it would be too cruel to let all but one or two factions win the awesome prizes, especially since the rest of us can't switch.

I realized that the first round was a nice, massive beta test for the beta-BD (testing load, war/plot-specific stuff, toggling on/off auto-healing, and of course abilities). So maybe the next round will bring out stances? (Probably not; I think some of the abilities need more work. But maybe!) And then they might test increasing the opponents' stats each time. And maybe incorporating movement? I don't know what else still needs to be "fixed." But after all this, they should be able to move the BD out of beta.

It'd be nice if the boons became a semi-regular, periodic event. Like the annual daily-FQ Faerie Festival was after TFR -- until TNT realized they could turn it into NC cookies instead.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next