Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:38 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Tyrannian Plot
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:31 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Siniri wrote:
Siniri wrote:
Oh, nice, there's a "doing your part" meter at the bottom. Sweet, TNT. They also reinstated full health at the end of battles, at least if you win. Makes my stockpile of healing potions worth a little less, but that's okay. I assume losing still costs health, and people will need to heal more than usual still.

I'm so hurt you didn't carefully read my entire post, Blue. :P (Sorry, I posted as I battled instead of organizing it better.)
erm. eh.. well, I was too busy battling? Then again, I could have re-read the entire thread while waiting through the lags...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:37 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I can confirm that 40 battles completes the "doing your part" requirement -- I got a gold checkmark in the bar. Now to see if battling extra does anything (besides help my faction).
(ETA: Apparently it just increases your win records, as I would expect. I wonder if you can play catch-up if you miss a day, but maybe you'll get a green check instead of a yellow. Once they add harder waves, too, I wonder how that will affect things. Will you have to beat the new opponents to complete your bar? Or will you just get less credit per easier baddie? Only time will tell.)

Oh, and shade = shadow. I think their damage mimicked my damage! Doh! That took way longer than it should have to figure out.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

Last edited by Siniri on Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:50 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

40? meh. 15 so far (1 each level). I guess I will need to return to this later.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:38 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Bwahaha. I decided to see what static cling alone would do. 89 icons. Poor babies.

I think I'm going to call it a day at 50 battles. Hopefully we'll get an update on how each faction is doing tomorrow, and I can increase/decrease my activity level based on that.

The abilities guides say that shade blocks three icons of random type (based on your opponent's defense), but that's not what it's doing for the minions (because the blockage should be the same value each round that I use the same weapons, unless they use additional defense). If it works the way I think it works (mirroring the damage your opponent does to you, including ability damage), it'd be perfect for the last round of a close 1p battle where you had more HP left than your opponent, but they tend to hit harder. Or it could be awesome combined with a freezer, to take out most of a baddie's HP (and perhaps yours, too, sadly), so you could go bombs away and finish him off next round. It only costs 2 dark blessings; I have 1 new dark faerie in my SDB right now (and 3 random faeries).

I don't know, though -- if it works the way the guides say it does, I'd be better off saving my blessings for a better ability from a higher tier. Decisions, decisions... I don't think TNT would make the same ability do different things for us vs. 1p opponents, would they? But the cool-down period doesn't seem to (always) apply for them, and that's easy enough to figure out....

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:34 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I beat each opponent ten times on hardest difficulty, I think I'll call it a day there. Battledome seemed rather slow.

I'm too old for this!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:12 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

The 'Doing your part' meter is like a wins cap:

120 pts to the cap.

120 battles on Average,
80 battles on Strong,
40 battles for Mighty.
or a mixture of all three.

It is unknown at this time if fighting beyond the maximum amount will earn you anything extra.

*It seems that the abilities (or at least Shade) is glitched when used by the opponent.

I would not rush out to train in this ability.

I have the free ability 'static cling' and Lens Flare, but I think I wont worry about rushing out to train in any others, I doubt we will really need them.

There are two types of Faction Challenges:

1. Quota-based:
You are challenged to win X amount of fights against a particular opponent.

2. Timed:
You are challenged to win against a particular opponent in x amount of time.

I found the 1st one on the main battledome page. I have yet to get the timed challenge. I believe the REs are mainly popping up on the obelisk page and the battledome page.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:59 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Thanks for the info, Daze. I was thinking an ability like that should be worth more than 2 blessings.

Faction challenges? Interesting. I guess I'll battle a bit more and see if I get one. The time one could be difficult with the fluctuating lag. It would be nice to be able to activate them yourselves -- or even challenge friends in other factions to a friendly competition, just to make it a bit more interactive.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:47 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Hmm. No challenges for me yet after a total of 60 battles. (FYI - the battledome wasn't the least bit laggy at 10:30PM NST) I'll have to poke around a little and see if I can get a challenge...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:08 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Not sure if they just have a standard set of items to give out for battle or if it's random from a certain rarity and up, but I've been getting Neocards I've been missing from my deck left and right for the last hour. :D

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:21 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Blue, I resorted to refreshing at the Obelisk page until I get one, eventually, and then trying to even my stats up (hitting "exit" after each battle -- I've gotten them on that page, and refreshing the obelisk a bit while waiting). It's more interesting to me to battle within a challenge.

So far, I've gotten mostly regular codestones (and 1 bottled faerie) as challenge bonuses.

Professor Lambert is very philosophical:
  • Someday the darkness of ignorance may spread across Neopia, but this is not that day. Today, we fight for truth! {No, we fight for FREEEEEEDDDDOOOOOOOMMMMMMM}
  • You cannot win a battle without bending your mind toward victory. Never fight without purpose.
  • Narinus the Athletic once said that to underestimate an enemy was to give him victory. Just so we're clear, we're not handing out victory today.
  • Narinus the Athletic said, "Know your enemy, and the battle will go well." He was talking about Yooyuball, though.
  • Do you suppose the obelisk has murals on it? I do love a good mural. Or, ooh, maybe it has hieroglyphics!
  • I do miss afternoon tea with my Hoggir. *sigh* Soon, all of this will be just another page in the history books...
  • Do you suppose if we just asked nicely, they'd grant us the obelisk? *sigh* Me neither. Louts.
  • We're doing splendidly. Group hug! ...I'm not serious, get off me!
  • Our enemies have no idea what power lies hidden in the obelisk! Then again, neither do we.
  • Remember, wit is a weapon. It's not nice to attack the unarmed.
  • *sigh* Violence is not the answer. But it does facilitate certain goals. We do this for the obelisk.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:46 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I hope all these battles count towards plot points or something, I've beaten them all 50 times so far. Battledome seems to be running much smoother today.

I'm too old for this!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:06 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Ugh, I forgot Snowie blasted me. It just let me enter a battle with 0 HP (I had multiple tabs open and double-checked the others -- I really was already at 0), so I drew. Ugh. Seriously? Don't forget to check those HP if you do dailies between battles.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:27 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Siniri wrote:
Ugh, I forgot Snowie blasted me. It just let me enter a battle with 0 HP (I had multiple tabs open and double-checked the others -- I really was already at 0), so I drew. Ugh. Seriously? Don't forget to check those HP if you do dailies between battles.

Yeah. I did that, too. :( I have one draw as well.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:03 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

So embarrassing! Aw, well, I can pretend it was an "experiment." Good thing I'm on the science team!

Haha, I just started reading the battle cries of the other factions. The Amateur Insider says, "Wait, you can't mean to fight me?" and then attacks you with her purse.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:30 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

That's a good one. She is not the best fighter :P

The Battledome is seriously laggy on this fine Saturday morning. Hmm. working well ok-ish now o_O

LOL. I just figured out the "Combat Log" :headslap:

Bug? If you use a Purple Sticky Hand to grab something, it is not available for use in the following round. Same thing if you generate a snowball with a Snowglobe Staff. Anyone else see this?

Quotes from Kanrik:
  • Don't just stand around cracking jokes. Who do you think you are, Hanso?
  • Is that a sword or a toothpick? Never mind, I won't judge. Toothpicks have their uses.
  • Profits are up; this war was a stroke of genius. But let's not lose sight of our goal: the obelisk itself.
  • Any fool can walk up and attack a foe. Only a true thief steals his knickers at the same time.
  • Keep fighting. It annoys our enemies when you run around yelling like that.
  • Attack that guy, would you? I'll pick his pocket while you distract him.
  • Don't worry, this is all part of my plan. You run in and fight, while we claim the obelisk.
  • What do you mean, what am I doing? I'm working. I'm -- one moment, Hannah! -- very busy.
  • Hmph. This war doesn't have enough backstabbing for my taste.
  • Somehow I don't think insulting their mommies is the best offensive tactic. It is offensive, though.
  • Good work, dispatching that last foe. Don't forget why we're here, though: the obelisk.
  • You've managed to make them angry. Feel free to defeat them now.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next