Whether it be a puzzle or a war, this is the place to be for all your plot related needs.
Topic locked

Re: Atlas of the Ancients

Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:52 am

Flipsyde wrote:Its a shame that the molten rock was only available until after the news was posted up until midnight NST. I don't think its fair that people got a limited amount of time to get the molten rock while the flaming muffin (and probably the other prizes) are given 24 hours.

This. I wasn't even aware of the new plot step until this morning, and if you live in the wrong part of the world, you'd probably would have been asleep all the way through the window. Not nice, TNT. Not. Nice.

Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:24 am

My theory has become this.

day 3 - 21
day 4 - 22
day 5 - 23

On the 24th AAA is coming out.

Maybe this will be ending soon or they are just stalling to focus on finishing up AAA?

Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:59 am

For what it's worth, I just got the Molten Rock from Meltdown, so they're still being awarded. I got the Fire Muffin after 6 successes, I think, and the Molten Rock after about 12. I'm not completely sure on the numbers--I wasn't keeping a tally, and I kept going off to do other things while I waited between attempts.

Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:36 am

I got the Molten Rock on the first attempt after getting the fire muffin.

Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:38 am

As did I, just now.

I quit after getting the Fire Muffin after eight attempts, then gave it another go (ninth play today, then) and got the Molten Rock. So... yes.

Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:01 am

It's almost as if they enabled it again. I cam back and did one more and got the molten rock. I had done about 4 or 5 after the Fire muffin though. (thinking that'd mean i'd only have to do one or two tomorrow - will be busy *shrug*)

Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:19 am

Yeah, I saw on the Neopets plot board that the molten rock is active again. Tried it and got it on my first try. Maybe they fixed something and all those that got the flaming muffin already just have to do it once in order to get it.

Probably someone who just started right now can get it on the 6th pipe connect without problems like most Neopets players were having.

Glad that TNT fixed this though. :hug:

Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:27 am

it is noly fair though.. why punish those in an adverse time frame.. especially with Thanksgiving a few days away?

Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:01 pm

I got the moltern rock and the dung today. I got the dung before the muffins however.

Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:40 pm

I got the muffin yesterday, todays first go gave nothing, so its not guaranteed to be next at least. Now waiting timer to finish to go again.

Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:20 pm

I never got a muffin. I tried about 12 times yesterday and gave up. Today, I tried again and finally got the molten rock. I still had to do it 6 times.

Just slightly off topic (sort of) I still can't get any cogs :( And it's not even part of the plot. I think I've refreshed that page a million times. It's personal now!

Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:23 pm

Just for statistics sake, I got the fire muffin after eight tries yesterday and the rock after six tries today. Is a dung item the next one? I'll keep trying.

Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:54 pm

I got the rock after about, 10 goes. I then got the dung about 8 goes after that. after about 14 goes after, still no muffins.

Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:07 am

Hi! New here, and I've been online all day, playing this Moltara Meltdown, for 12 hours now! >.< I set a timer for myself to remind me, while I did other things... TWELVE HOURS! And I still have not gotten the fire muffin. Do we *really* need to get all 3 "prizes" for the plot? o_O

Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:40 am

BunnyKissd wrote:I've been online all day, playing this Moltara Meltdown, for 12 hours now! >.< I set a timer for myself to remind me, while I did other things... TWELVE HOURS! And I still have not gotten the fire muffin. Do we *really* need to get all 3 "prizes" for the plot? o_O

Well this week's editorial implies that you don't specifically need any of the items.
I wasn't able to get the Molten Rock last night. Is this needed to finish the Atlas of the Ancients plot? ~username removed
Don't worry! You don't need the Molten Rock to complete the plot. It's a nice item to have, but you can still finish the plot same as someone who has it.

Additionally the fire muffin isn't a plot specific item. It's just a regular battledome item that they seem to be using for this plot. So you should be able to obtain one elsewhere later without the same expense as plot specific items.

On the other hand I, personally, would be upset if I wasn't able to complete any particular square of the plot.. For example I've been trying all day to get the dung even though I don't want it and think it's ugly, so I suspect it boils down to a personal opinion.

I also wouldn't be surprised if the prize/trophy/reward you receive takes into account the number of steps you complete despite TNT's statement that you can finish the plot without having all the items.
Topic locked