Whether it be a puzzle or a war, this is the place to be for all your plot related needs.
Topic locked

Atlas of the Ancients

Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:18 pm

From the recent Newsletter:

Neopets link to image

*Hmmm, Roxton A. Colchester III is a lutari.......does it mean Lutari Island will open up?

It maybe just a co-incidence. Whatever the plot, yay for TNT to give us one. :hug:

Also ties in with the COMING SOON page:
A Mysterious Voyage Continues
Last edited by Daze on Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: SITE EVENT - Atlas of the Ancients

Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:19 pm

Woohoo! I hope this is a full-fledged plot and not some silly little CG-like thing. *trots off to training academy*

I should probably buy a decent weapon or two before they inflate too much... *sighs* That would involve figuring out what I have and what I want. Maybe tomorrow.

Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:25 am

You know, at this point I'd take the disappearing petpets. What have they been up to out in Glendale?

Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:48 am

just please let there be a war, please. even some light battling at this stage would be fun.

Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:30 pm

Maybe they're gonna continue that island plot with the giant petpetpets that supposedly ended awhile back. Hopefully they'll give it a better ending -_-

Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:15 pm

Yay!!! Hope this is a good plot... maybe ending in Lutari Island opening?

Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:49 pm

We are up and running:

http://www.neopets.com/aota/

:)

Read Chapter one and click on the map.

Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:04 pm

Woohoo! But what's up with the FAQ for a plot? I hope it's not just another petpet league-type thing (the first page kind of resembles it).

I'm off to try to figure out the first step on my own.

Note to self: you've been reading too much manga when you can't handle the left-to-right format of an English comic.

ETA: Wow, that took genius skills to figure out where to click. First step done? Ugh. I hope it gets better.

Aaaand, to top it all off, there's a NC component. Surprise, surprise. Have I mentioned the 2008 Megasuperb prizes lately? ~:>

Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:15 pm

clicking a map? even for a 1st step that's pretty lame/anti-climactic, not too crazy bout the art style either, but a plots a plot, so here's hopin

Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:30 pm

wooot.. new plot. it's about time.. lets hope its good.

Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:03 am

Are we sure there isn't more to the step? Maybe we need to do something with our newfound map?

Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:04 am

WAR WAR WAR PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE WAR WAR WAR PLEASE

oh who am I kidding

Re: Atlas of the Ancients

Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:02 pm

Wow, I haven't logged onto neopets in weeks and on a whim I check my pets (which are starving) look at the news and... PLOT! Click the map... woo! Do a few searches, check the source code for clues, click around a little bit... nothing, nothing... then my next reaction is... check PPT for plot stuff!!!!! haha But apparently that's it for now.

Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:35 am

Oof. That's some painful writing, even by Neopets standards. I hope there's some fighting and a few interesting puzzles (as opposed to boring clickfests) to make up for it.

I don't much care for the scent of real-money grubbing hanging about it, either, but we'll see.

Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:03 am

How funny; yesterday I was lamenting how I could do with a Neopets plot to spice up Neopets a bit and bam! Plot!

The Good:
It's a plot. I'm all for Neopets plots in general just because they're something nice and different from the normal three minutes spent checking the site, picking up bank interest, and doing a couple of dailies.

The Bad:
The first step of the plot is "Click on the Map" and that cannot bode well.

The writing is... ick. The art style is bleh for reasons I can't even put together but I just don't like looking at the comics at all. And the Island Plot from whenever that happened (two years ago? Three?) was not all that interesting and shouldn't have warranted a sequel. Then again, the Island Plot should have been self-contained and wrapped itself up better than it did and therefor not necessitated a sequel to begin with.

And the first step is 'Click on the Map'. Yeesh. To be honest, I would have rather just had a comic released (one that looks a lot better) than having such stupid, frivolous interactivity. Concentrate on making a good story first, set the scene for us, and then, when the step's going to really matter, let us plunge into it when it feels satisfying. 'Click on a Map' does not feel satisfying; it just feels stupid.

The Ugly
I physically cringed when I realized that there was a little NC Mall icon at the top of the plot page. I mean... okay, you know what, I'm fine with it during the Daily Dare thing, whatever, I don't really care. It seems a little iffy at times, but whatever. But to weave it into a plot? I cringe at what those of us that aren't shelling out money are missing.

(Seriously, Neopets, do you not make enough revenue with three ads per page? Don't go making us miss things in plot just because our wallets are tight.)
Topic locked