Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:09 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Altador Cup 4: Carpal Tunnel on the Horizon!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:59 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Rauven wrote:
Well it is a go! I'm sad, because it is inhumanly dificult to play the cup in a laptop mouse-thingy, but i hope i can do good in the shootout (average of 6 shots, not too shabby i think :D) and my personal favourite, Break a Keyboard Make Some Noise.

Is there some kind of new tactics this year (since the game looks like they didn't even get the trouble for doing something diferent and just paste the code from last year very very similar to last year) but maybe some tactics on the shootout, since i only shoot the ball straight, max power and hope the keeper isn't home ~:>

On that note, good luck to all my fellow Darigan players and let Kreludor be an example of old-school floor cleaning for all the other teams to come ^^

YAY!!!! Go Darigan!!!! my arms are killing me!!! x_x

boo! guess who? ;P

Post subject: Re: Altador Cup 4: Let the Games Begin!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:59 am 
PPT God
PPT God

eilu wrote:
NP rewards: ~105 NP/goal, because I get 950NP on a 9-point game. But that might change, I personally think it's too high, if you figure in how many games people will play.

I think that the formula is:

(Your Goals - Your Opponents Goals) * 100 + 50 points if your opponent didn't score at all.

Last edited by B55B55 on Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:42 am 

Results after Day 1:
Shenkuu and Tyrannia sweep Meridell and Faerieland respectively
Krawk and Mystery Island beat Haunted Woods and Lost Desert respectively in everything, except Slushie Slinger (draw).
Virtupets beat Altador in everything except Make Some Noise (draw).
Kiko Lake beat Maraqua in YYB, Slushie Slinger, and Make Some Noise, but was beaten in Shootout Showdown.
Kreludor beat Darigan Citadel in YYB and Shootout Showdown, but drew with them in Slushie Slinger and Make Some Noise.
Roo Island beat Terror Mountain in YYB and Slushie Slinger, drew in Make Some Noise, but lost in Shootout Showdown.

Darnit Meridell.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:26 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Day one, and i regret picking Darigan alltogether. Who the hell is Kreludor? They wipe the floor WITH us in day one. Aw man Darigan starts reminding me of my soccer team, Benfica. It's all about past glorys...

Also Rauven on Neopets

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:50 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Funny how I've never participated before, despite being around for all three of the previous ones.

I was just wondering - is there a way to find out just how many days exactly the Cup's going to last for? Would be nice to try to evenly distribute the amount of wins per day I could get to get a decent rank and still keep my sanity. :P

glorious set by neko.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:31 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

GO Krawk Island! Hee.

It seems they've ironed out some of the bugs, which is good.

@Xenophyte: you can see the match schedules in the AC page. It's 2 matches per team x 15 teams so 30 days, plus the finals, which is a round-robin thing.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:04 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

ooh, thank you. Guess that means ~67 games a day if I decide to go for the highest rank, which is actually sorta possible. Kinda.

+ Go KI, indeed. ;)
++ Hmm, does Shootout Showdown give points that go towards improving one's rank? And if so, how many games do you need to play for it to count as 1 point? *is asking way too many questions today*

glorious set by neko.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:09 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

eilu wrote:
NP rewards: ~105 NP/goal, because I get 950NP on a 9-point game. But that might change, I personally think it's too high, if you figure in how many games people will play.

But you only get NP for the first 3 games you play, just like any other game... Since I usually can only make 1-2 goals per game, I think it's fair.

I can't believe RI lost to TM in one of the games and tied in the other -- maybe people are focusing too much on YYB? I'd play extras of those games, but everyone else probably will, too, maybe to the neglect of YYB and Slushie Slinger (why did they have to give the new game the same initials, btw?) -- especially SS.

*sighs* Guess I'll just have to play extras in all the games today.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:39 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Favorite Cheese: Brie de Meaux, Red Leicester and Wensleydale.
I got a 5 -0 win today for Roo Island on YYB but I didn't get any neopoints from the game due to an annoying glitch today that is stopping people who are playing games from receiving neopoints.

The goals are counting to the stats though after you submit your result and then refresh.

Go Roo Island!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:41 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Just came to say, Rawk On, Krawk Island. 8) I'm not having issues with the gameplay like I did last year, though for some reason I still have trouble lining up those stupid Snow Yooyus. Arrgh.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:31 pm 

The formula is as follows:
+100 for each goal you score
-10 for each goal your opponent scores
+50 if your opponent does not score

although all of that is moot, because I haven't actually been receiving Neopoints for this.

IDB Rater, Pink Inker

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:22 pm 

I don't think anyone's yet addressed the points values for each game (for determining rank). Or at least not here. ^.^; Judging by my own stats and the assumption that 50 points makes the interval in the first group of ranks, it looks (so far) like the games from last year still have the same values (YYB - 1 win=1 point; SS - 2 games=1 point; MSN - 12 games=1 point?). And Shootout Showndown seems to be equal to Make Some Noise (ShSh - 12 games=1 point).

I thought it might be nice to get that out in the open. ^.^;

(My stats are presently as follow: 48 YYB wins, 2 games SS, 12 games ShSh - Rank Level 1.)

*ahem* Go Kreludor! ^.^

On a side note, Make Some Noise is just plain not behaving correctly; it seems to only be able to pay attention for about two seconds at a time before wandering off to look at shiny things, sometimes never coming back at all. Is anyone else having this problem? o.O

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:48 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

MSN's behaving fine for me (although it's had a bit of lag here and there), but ShSh sometimes doesn't give me another ball and I have to start over, and SS gets super-laggy in the middle of games (same with YYB, actually). Today in YYB, I had a shot that looked like it went in (it was a corner shot) but the goalie was almost there to block it, and the ball disappeared. I ran my players over the whole field trying to find it until time ran out, to no avail. Since it was the first ball, the score was a draw (0-0), but it didn't appear in my tally.

Really, all these bugs make me wonder why I'm bothering playing...

Out of curiosity, is there any advantage (for your team or yourself) to scoring higher than the minimums in the support games? Or should I just submit as soon as I make the minimum, in order to get more games in?

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:41 pm 

Just a reminder for those who are wondering how it's possible to play 67, or 47, or whatever YYB games in a day:

When you score a goal, you'll see a cutscene with some sort of celebration. When you see that, press the space bar twice, rapidly. Space skips to the next bit, so pressing it twice puts you back on the playing field.

But the time that would have passed while watching the cutscenes (approx. 7.5 seconds per goal) is still removed from the clock. This works if your opponent scores, too.

When factoring in ALL of opening and closing animations, the position selector screens, and the direction-of-play screen, a 12-goal game takes less than 2 minutes instead of about 3:15.

Just some advice from your friendly neighborhood gold-shield desirer.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:35 am 
PPT God
PPT God

shapu wrote:
When you score a goal, you'll see a cutscene with some sort of celebration. When you see that, press the space bar twice, rapidly. Space skips to the next bit, so pressing it twice puts you back on the playing field.

But the time that would have passed while watching the cutscenes (approx. 7.5 seconds per goal) is still removed from the clock. This works if your opponent scores, too.

Best Advice, EVER!

I'm not getting any 12 goal games (nor am i playing 40+ games a day) but with my average of 4 goals a game that's still saving me 32 seconds, which means cutting out over 16% of the time for an average game.

I also hate the repetitive animations so the joy of skipping those is not inconsiderable in it's own right.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next